A forum for healthy recipes, fun recipes and more!
Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.
We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
1 red onion or sweet white onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 poblano pepper (or pasilla)
6 chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) or 2 chicken breasts
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
juice from one lime
salt/black pepper to taste
3/4 teaspoon chile powder (or more to taste, we just wanted slight heat)
olive oil for cooking and seasoning
GF tortillas for serving (or serve over long grain white rice)
Other possible accompaniments:
sour cream or Mexican crema
diced fresh tomato
1. Put the grill pan over a high-flame/high heat. It needs to be piping hot when you add your ingredients.
2. Core and seed your peppers. Slice the bell peppers and poblano pepper into thin strips.
3. Slice the red onion into thin strips.
4. Slice your chcken into strips.
5. Toss your ingredients in a bowl with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and the remaining seasonings: cumin, smoked paprika, salt/pepper, lime juice and chile powder.
6. Using a pair of tongs, put all of your ingredients into your preheated grill pan. Cook while moving about the ingredients every so often about 6-9 minutes or until your chicken is cooked through.
7. Warm your tortillas while you are cooking your meat/veg.
8. Serve hot with warm tortillas
This is my favorite. I was amazed how easy it was to season with a few spices and a poblano and without using the sugar-laden pre-packaged seasonings.