Gluten Free Moraccan Skillet Quinoa and Chicken

Coconutty Recipes

A forum for healthy recipes, fun recipes and more!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Coconutty Recipes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Veteran
Gluten Free Moroccan Skillet Quinoa and Chicken

2 lemons
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
1 cup quinoa (pre-rinsed)
2 cups gluten free chicken stock
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup flat leave parsley leaves

Juice one of the lemons and thinly slice the other. Cut the slices into quarters so that you have small pieces of lemon. Set both aside (separately) for later.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the paprika, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat.

In a large skillet with a lid over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chicken and brown, stirring frequently, for 3 -4 minutes. Add the cut up lemon pieces, onion, garlic and apricots. Cook, stirring frequently until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add the quinoa and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and lemon juice. Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Cover the pan, lower the heat to medium low and cook covered for 20 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.

While the quinoa and chicken sits, toast the almond slices. In a small, dry skillet over medium heat, toast the almonds for a few minutes stirring often until they are browned and fragrant.
To serve, put the quinoa chicken mixture in a serving bowl, fluff gently with a fork and top with the toasted almonds and parsley leaves.

This gluten free recipe serves 6 people.

This is another of my favorites. I find it very filling and satisfying. The apricots play very nicely with the rest of the ingredients.

My apologies to the moderators. I realized most of these recipe posts have to be approved before being posted, and I am adding a bunch today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search