Did Anyone Attempt to Gender Sway?

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2014, 02:18 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you try to do anything to encourage one gender over the other? For example: timing sex around ovulation or following a specific diet?

I definitely did not. I wasn't trying to conceive this month and we only DTD one time! My other pregnancies took actively trying to conceive for 6+months before a BFP. So I was incredibly shocked that I even got a positive.

If I had attempted to gender sway, I would have tried to sway toward a girl. Just to even up the numbers in our house I have a daughter and two sons. It would be cool to end up with two of each.

I don't want to start a debate on whether it works or not to try and gender sway. Just out of curiousity, I like to see if it happened to work for anyone after we start finding out genders

January 13th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
DH and I loosely swayed. We have a DD already, and I figured we'd do a few things to sway. Luckily for us, most of what is suggested for a boy sway are things we naturally do anyways.

I ate a lot more/frequently, made sure I was taking my vitamins, ate lots of meat and nutritious foods. Salted my food (something I do already, as I have lower blood pressure). Ate lots of nuts too.

Avoided soy, caffiene, etc.

Used preseed.

DH drinks coffee and naturally eats a diet that is suggested for boy swaying.

We aren't too focused on a boy..we'll be happy either way, just thought it might be worth a shot!

Last edited by Urchin; January 13th, 2014 at 06:36 AM.
January 13th, 2014, 08:04 AM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
No swaying here, just wanted a baby DH wants a girl so badly, so I hope that this one is a girl for his sake.
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
January 13th, 2014, 08:13 AM
RayneElizabeth's Avatar Regular
No swaying, but DH wants a boy...hoping for a boy...Feeling its a girl. IDC, as long as they stick!
January 13th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We did a light sway with #2 and a heavy crazy sway with #3.....and still got boys. So now I don't really believe in swaying and am certain I'm destined to just be a boy mama, and am ok with that! We didn't do any swaying for our 2 losses or this pregnancy.
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

January 13th, 2014, 04:08 PM
smika's Avatar Super Mommy
I timed DTD around ovulation for a girl. But I think I messed up and we ended up DTD the day I ovulated. Idc, but I do want a little girl one day!! DH is terrified of little girls though lol

EDD: September 5, 2014
January 13th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Veteran
We did a little. Just around timing. Tried to put time between DTD and ovulation. Sex on a Friday, ovulated on Sun. May be too close for a girl. We'll see!

Last time we wanted a boy and DTD on the day I ovulated and it worked, I guess, LOL.

January 13th, 2014, 06:42 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pretty sure we had sex on the day of ovulation, so I think I just set myself up for a 3rd little boy

The thought of 3 teenage boys in my future scares the crap out of me... lol So I am hoping by some chance we get a girl but I am thinking its not likely haha

January 14th, 2014, 01:26 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Expecting #2
we came to a conclusion to start TTC in nov, i came out pregnant on our first try, we did try the shettles method hoping for pink but we kinda screwed up on the last day

January 14th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Regular
This pregnancy was unexpected, so no, BUT---I did go back and look at how I was eating before I got pregnant because apparently that can sway the gender. Looks like I was pretty much eating to have a girl. We shall see!!! (FINGERS CROSSED----we already have 2 crazzzzzyyyyy BOYS!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search