Anyone else still testing?!? HOw about using Clear Blue Advanced Digitals?

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By fabfifth
  • 1 Post By smika
  • 1 Post By Mslily1125
  • 1 Post By SouthernMamaBri
  • 1 Post By klynne83
  • 1 Post By babyDamico

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Veteran
I'm being a crazy lady this time around. I've never done more than one test really with my other 4 kids but this time I just keep testing. It still hasn't sunk in yet We were preventing this month after TTC for 3 months and not getting pregnant.

Whos' used the advanced digitals and gotten confused by the weeks? I understand it's from O, but being 2 1/2 weeks from O, I would have expected it to be 2-3, not 1-2. Anyone else? It did finally change to 2-3 now that I'm 3wks from O.
January 17th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Those digtals really bother me. I yell at the TV every time I see the commercial. DH thinks I am nuts.

There's no way to be "1 week pregnant"

Since pregnancy is counted from your last menstrual period, you would be about 3 weeks pregnant when the test tells you "1 week pregnant"

Those tests are not very accurate at all! Yes, they test from Ovulation, but traditionally, that's not how pregnancy is calculated, and I think that can really confuse people! There are too many variables!

But to answer the rest of your question, I typically don't test after I get a clear BFP.. but I did take out an IC last night and tested. I'm just feeling more uneasy with this pregnancy I guess. It happened so quickly, and I'm not having a ton of symptoms. It seems to good to be true!

January 17th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
Those digtals really bother me. I yell at the TV every time I see the commercial. DH thinks I am nuts.

There's no way to be "1 week pregnant"

Since pregnancy is counted from your last menstrual period, you would be about 3 weeks pregnant when the test tells you "1 week pregnant"

Those tests are not very accurate at all! Yes, they test from Ovulation, but traditionally, that's not how pregnancy is calculated, and I think that can really confuse people! There are too many variables!

But to answer the rest of your question, I typically don't test after I get a clear BFP.. but I did take out an IC last night and tested. I'm just feeling more uneasy with this pregnancy I guess. It happened so quickly, and I'm not having a ton of symptoms. It seems to good to be true!
I think that's exactly why I keep testing! Uneasy for some reason. I've been great with all my other 4, but this one I don't know why. I blame it on those darn "advanced" tests that I only bought because they were on sale and cheaper than the regular digital. I already had about 15 other BFP's but still wasn't believing... Then the first 2 I took I was 2 1/2 wks from O so I assumed it should be 2-3. Finally this morning I got a 2-3 which I was happy to see it "going up"...
January 17th, 2014, 10:22 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
I think that the 1-2 is really like 3-4… And 3-4 is really 5-6… That is the only way I can make sense of it… They are not going by the O but by the gestational age… (If that is possible)

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

January 17th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbanegas View Post
I think that the 1-2 is really like 3-4… And 3-4 is really 5-6… That is the only way I can make sense of it… They are not going by the O but by the gestational age… (If that is possible)
Yes, that's exactly what their website says except they do say it is from DOC/Ovulation rather than LMP. I don't know why they didn't just use 3-4wks and 4-5wks and 5+wks.....
amberbanegas likes this.
January 17th, 2014, 10:41 AM
aarafko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's sad I'm still testing.

May 2013 February 2014 July 2014
January 17th, 2014, 10:49 AM
smika's Avatar Super Mommy
I had one left over so I used it about 2 weeks ago I won't buy anymore. I liked that I could see that the HcG was increasing. It says right in the packet how a doctor will date the pregnancy compared to what week shows up on the screen. I only use digitals though. I refuse to be like "OMG is that a line? Invert it! You can see it!" That drives me nuts
Mslily1125 likes this.

EDD: September 5, 2014
January 17th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just found out this morning, so I'm POSITIVE there are more tests to come for me.
amberbanegas likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 17th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I wish I had those kind over here… Maybe with TWINS it would say 3-4… Even if you are really a 1-2… You know?
Am I the only person who wants twins this month???
I ran out of tests today… But with the M/C I am nervous… I want to just know everyday that the baby/ies are still there… (Quack, I know)

January 17th, 2014, 12:21 PM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
I just found out this morning, so I'm sure I'll be sending my husband out to buy at least 5 more tests only because I'm still in shock.
amberbanegas likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
January 17th, 2014, 12:55 PM
klynne83's Avatar Veteran
I have a CBD test that I wanna use so badly! I think I might use it next week. I have been tempted to go buy more from the dollar store though! I got my first on them!
amberbanegas likes this.

January 17th, 2014, 06:12 PM
babyDamico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used the clear blue digital advanced and it was right on for my due date.... however, I am pregnant with twins so I would think it would have screwed it up somehow
amberbanegas likes this.

January 17th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I always test until I run out of tests! So this time it was 8 FRER, used my last one yesterday.
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

January 17th, 2014, 10:04 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always wondered how those are dated based on the commercials. I just assumed you'd have to add 2 weeks to get the actual date but I didn't know so I never bought one. I figure testing over and over is frustrating enough as it is.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
January 17th, 2014, 10:10 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still testing... despite dollar tests, a FRER and a FR Digital. This pregnancy just doesn't seem real to me.

January 17th, 2014, 11:00 PM
I haven't today (I am out of tests) My first were so light, I wanted to make sure that the line got darker since I had a loss last time… And So far, so good! I am just praying that there is something good in my belly that is progressing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search