anyone else planning a NCB/HB/WB?

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2014, 07:19 PM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
again not trying to change your mind in any way vs. point out some of the false statements you've made surrounding hemorrhaging and treatment.

I honestly would never post up only pro-home birthing sites as statistics as that is a very partial and skewed and not scientifically or peer reviewed studies/facts.

I do agree with you that risk plays a big part into whether or not home birth is right for you and am glad that you pointed that out. It's a very important point.

I would not recommend however (my .02 cents) that a woman attempt a home birth in a state where it is not legal to do so for many many reasons. FYI breastfeeding does in fact help shrink the uterus and most hospitals and birthing centers put baby to breast right away - there is a reason that many certified midwives carry things like pitocin and oxygen to home births. Pitocin issued post delivery even for bfing mothers saves lives.

Again, just trying to inject a balanced view in this as just from your earlier posts it seems like you are willing to take higher risks with your life and that of your baby because you're low risk which is fine for you - I just encourage others to really do their research for themselves.
January 22nd, 2014, 08:16 AM
myfav5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it is horrifying that you feel treatment of hemorrhage is so easy! I had all natural labors and perfect births. I wanted to have a home water birth with my last baby. But that is not something that is done where I live. Thank God I was in the hospital, I would have died! I passed out on the post partum unit, thankfully I had called the nurse in to help me get to the restroom. I woke upside down in a bed, with two IV's running wide open with pitocin while I passed grape fruit sized clots! They gave me shots, metheregine and cytotec before rushing back to L&D to do a manual sweep. I was seconds from the OR. Had I been at home and this happened three hours after the birth and an hour away from the hospital I would have died. I received two blood transfusions. And I am terrified that it will happen again. A home birth is wonderful, and I hope you have the perfect birth, but I would have been considered the perfect candidate for it too and that did not prevent me from having a hemorrhage. It is fact that that can happen to anyone. I will have a hospital birth with an OB this time and it will be as natural as possible. I don't need the pain meds or the epi, but I do need the Doctor to help me if I hemorrhage again. A natural hospital birth is nice too. Previous poster that lost a friend to childbirth, I am so very sorry for your loss.
razzledobe and VallyD like this.

January 22nd, 2014, 09:21 AM
Veteran
Home water birthing mama here! I wouldn't dream of doing it any other way. I'm also a certified doula as well and my sister in law is a midwife so I've grown up in the birth world! I don't want interventions, different nurses coming in, and being forced to labor in a position that is uncomfortable to me. We are 1.5 miles from a hospital so we're all set in case something should go wrong. We also develop an emergency birth plan and all that good stuff ahead of time. Home birth is in most instances very safe and midwives are trained even better than doctors in the natural process of labor and childbirth. Most OBs don't even come in until the last minute of birth so they are not there to actually get the woman to that point. Homebirth is legal in my state, as it should be in every state, but the midwives do have to have a physician's backing, which is ridiculous. However, mine will just be my sister in law, which is very cool! I'm not against hospital births or choosing pain meds, I just hope that everyone is informed of their choices ahead of time and takes the time to write a birth plan and feel confident about it. Long ways to go until we need to think about those things though!
razzledobe likes this.

TTC #2 for 4 months
DS 3.4 years old

BFP- 1/6/14!

January 22nd, 2014, 09:25 AM
Veteran
We are planning our fourth home birth. I have had 6 hospital births. First one a csection. 4 completely natural. My doctors never monitored my iron levels at all. I had pretty heavy bleeding w my first 7 babies. My midwife for my last two watched it like a hawk. The bleeding w my last baby was so minimal it was crazy. Doctors will tell u that many babies make for lots of bleeding. That is not true. Healthy momma= good outcomes most of the time.
January 22nd, 2014, 09:35 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love to have a home birth or at a birthing center but I am extremely high risk so I have to be at the hospital. My last birth experience was the best by far. The dr was super understanding about my wishes. I labor unmedicated. She put an Iv port in but didn't give me and fluid or meds and let me bounce on the exercise ball until I said I felt like I had to push. I was 9.5cm by then and she hooked up some fluid, got me in the bed and I pushed for about 5 mins and that was it. It was wonderful. I pray that this time is very similar but I know each dr and hospital is different in what they will let you do during labor.

January 22nd, 2014, 01:07 PM
We'll be doing a hospital birth this time but I'm very supportive of home births! I had my son at home. Everything went perfectly fine other than him being 10.8 lbs and it hurting! I'm a wuss. I did love the comforts of being in my home and can totally understand why others do it!
January 22nd, 2014, 01:55 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Home birth is just not for me. Maybe if I had a different home lol I would like a birthing center water birth option but Im having trouble finding anything like that in my area. Last time I wanted a birthing center, but it was more high risk and he really did need to be born at a hospital. My previous births were both in the hospital. I had an epidural for the first, second was natural. Id like this one to be natural too.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 22nd, 2014, 06:51 PM
Caerus's Avatar Due in Sept 2014
Nah, not for me. I decided years ago that I'd labor in the hospital with an epidural. I'm just not good with pain. Plus, in my case, my mom is an OBGYN, so she can help me make sure what I want happens, and whether my decisions are going to be helpful.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie!

Pregnant #1 with 2 Angels in Heaven

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search