How have u been?

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By MD
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By xzippedx
  • 1 Post By Jenn-F
  • 1 Post By Mslily1125
  • 1 Post By bukappadelta
  • 1 Post By KHawk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Veteran
Hey mommies-

I am excited and nervous, I have my prenatal visit in the morning. I am trying hard to not go crazy! I am anticipating our ultrasound which is early next week and just can not wait! I am so excited to see if it's one or more! Is anyone else having headaches? I am getting them constantly and am not sure if it's the progesterone suppositories I am on or the pregnancy.

My husband and I were just in the Florida Keys visiting my dad for the week. It was so hard because we don't want to tell anyone yet and my stepmother kept asking why I wasn't drinking. I think I skated by as they knew we were trying and told her I just wanted to have the best shot eek! I felt like such a liar! However, it was really rough last time to tell everyone when we had our loss. It will be worth it in the end to tell them when it can be all positive!

Thinking of u gals and hoping the best for us! How have you guys been doing?

M
amberbanegas likes this.
January 20th, 2014, 10:00 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, first ultrasounds are so exciting. I can't wait until mine... time is going by soooo slowly.

And to answer your question, yes I have had a headache nearly every day. Not fun at all. I know we should try to avoid caffeine but the only way I can get a handle of my headache is with tylenol and drinking some coke. So I have a side of mom-guilt, haha. Hoping they go away soon for both of us.

And keep us posted on how your first ultrasound goes!
MD likes this.

January 21st, 2014, 04:05 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Expecting #2
my first ultrasound is in a weeks time woohoo!!
well nausea has started now in the mornings and just before i fall asleep, i had headaches everyday for 2 weeks i think they just recently stopped. other than that i feel really good
Hope that yours go away too
MD likes this.

January 21st, 2014, 07:36 AM
Jenn-F's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been having some headaches, too. Not terrible, just enough to be a bother. I'm pretty sure mine are from cutting out caffeine and most sugar all at once.
MD likes this.
Expecting #3 It's a GIRL!! Anna Joy!
January 21st, 2014, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm definitely getting the headaches.

Everything I've read says that 200mg of caffeine (about one 8oz cup of coffee) is OK per day. So I've been having about 3 swigs of coffee per morning. Seems to keep the headaches at bay at least until the afternoon.
MD likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 21st, 2014, 07:41 AM
Veteran
I've had good luck with some low impact cardio for getting rid of the headaches. It's so hard to not turn to the tylenol and caffeine.
MD likes this.
January 21st, 2014, 08:23 AM
KHawk's Avatar Super Mommy
Excited for you!!!
MD likes this.

January 21st, 2014, 02:16 PM
Veteran
So, my appointment was cancelled this morning because of our massive snow storm. I rescheduled for Thursday. Another waiting game.... I feel like I have been quite a bad mom to be as I have been drinking a soda here and there (at most once a day) and some days I am taking tylenol once a day. My headaches are terrible and I can't function with them! It is so strange because I never drink coffee or tea and infrequently drink soda usually only on my days at work... staying up 12 hours at night is rough without a little help from caffeine. I noticed my headaches get only a little better with my interventions.

I need to stop caffeine altogether as I have seen babies in the NICU whose parents drank a lot of caffeine and they end up being really cranky....much like withdrawal symptoms.

Does anyone else have any remedies for headaches?

Thanks,

January 21st, 2014, 08:38 PM
Praying for a STICKY baby
Sry your appt got canceled....I'm in the same boat as you....I have an ultrasound and doctor appointment tomorrow and the snow storm is massive here....schools closed for tomorrow n most likely Thursday..... Praying my appointment is ok since it in the afternoon though!

January 21st, 2014, 09:05 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My nuerologist said sometimes a magnesium supplement can help with headaches. You could talk to your OB about what a safe dose is. Or another thing I have done in a pinch is use either peppermint oil or a little bit of something like Vicks.. I rub a little on my forehead and temples. Then place a cool, wet rag on your head and lay in the dark for a bit.

Also be sure you are drinking water/juice whatever like a mad woman. Dehydration causes headaches.

January 22nd, 2014, 10:17 AM
Veteran
Danicasmommy- Hope your appointment is not cancelled for today and it goes well. Good luck!!

MrsLat- Thanks for the tips! I have taken Mag before for cycle cramping, we give it all the time in the hospital to relax muscles. I will have to ask my RE about it tomorrow. I tried the pepermint oil no success, I will def give the vicks a try. Thanks again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search