Crankiness

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By bandriessen
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2014, 05:31 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Oh my goodness, this pregnancy is going to get me into trouble! Is anyone else going through this??

I've noticed that my normally, laid back, calm personality has given way to a monster.

I get upset over things more easily, and find myself quickly saying what I think to people, before I've even realized what the ramifications could be. I simply don't care. lol

This morning, I nearly lost it on my manager. It was giving a blizzard, and all day yesterday we were kind of hinting to our bosses that we'd like some kind of clarity as to whether or not our office would be opened...but we kinda just got a "we'll wait and see answer."

So this morning, I had recieved no text or call saying we were closed. It didn't look too nasty out yet, so I packed my daughter in our vehicle and drove down the mountain to take her to daycare. JUST as I was going down the daycare providers road, my co-worker called and said she wasn't going in, and another girl wasn't either. That they had called our manager, and she had said we'd likely be closing early today anyways.

So, I was a little upset that no one from management bothered to call me, and that my caring co-worker was the only one who did.

I called my manager and asked if we were open. She said, "well, I will be going in, and so will _____. It's up to your discretion though."

I personally don't like answers like that, as it makes me feel like I am expected to be there, and I always feel guilty not going in .

Then she goes on to say, "we will probably close half way through the day anyway."

For some reason, that set me off.

I got pretty mad and said, "what bothers me, is that I just drove down a mountain, with my child in the vehicle because no one told me any type of news as to what was going on. Now you're telling me that we'll work half a day, until the weather gets really bad, at which point, I will need to drive to pick up my child, and try to get back up a mountain???"

I felt really bad afterwards, and ended up coming home because I was so infuriated.

This is just one example of how I've gone off or spoke up when I normally would be collected and calm (or not say anything).

I'm turning into a monster!
richardsangelad likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 05:40 AM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is really inconsiderate of them to not even call you. I would've been mad too!! I'm also not normally someone who is quick to tell someone no when they ask me to do something or to put someone in their place but I have a couple of friends who have it coming and a few coworkers. I can't control how mad and annoyed I get. What I tell myself is obviously I felt this way before, only now it's amplified. Lol
..Michelle.. likes this.

TEAM BLUE!!!

Due September 5, 2014
January 22nd, 2014, 05:42 AM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At least you had reason to be angry!
Check this one out! Our dog got loose about 2 weeks ago. He is not fixed and ended up in the neighbor North of town's dog pen. I freaked out and posted all over Facebook how he was missing for over 15 hours blah, blah, blah. One of my FB friends commented that he was in the pen, to go over there and they'd let him out for me.
Win, right?!! Nope!
One of the dogs in the pen is a female. A pregnant female. Not preggo by my dog but apparently he likes, no LOVES her smell (whatever pregnant smells like ) So he's escaped 3 MORE times and climbed their fence just to get in to see her! I feel like such a bad dog owner having to go over there and knock and basically apologize for my horny weird dog and take him home.
We've been extra super careful about him getting out. Always holding his collar, using a leash and even using his corrector/shock collar and he hasn't escaped in about 5 days. Well in those 5 days, every 2 hours he cries, whines and HOWLS until someone lets him outside and hooks him up. And by someone, I mean me. Hubby says "he's not my dog, you let him out" and then rolls back over to sleep. Yeah, he even does it all night, every freaking 2 hours he does this crap!
I've had enough. Today (well yesterday - Tuesday-, I haven't slept yet) I got so d@mn mad I put him in my office and shut the door and gave him a time out. Seriously. I've never hit my dog, ever, but I thought I was just gonna flip out on him.
UGH, glad it's not just me! 's to you!! Here's hoping we can reel in the witch before we get burned at the stake!!

Last edited by ..Michelle..; January 22nd, 2014 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Edited because I used too many swear words and had to correct
January 22nd, 2014, 06:08 AM
smika's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been a total witch with a B lately. My DH seriously cannot do anything right, (and I know that 1/2 of that is because I'm so cranky lately lol) like last night, he was on his way home, called and asked if I ate. I said "Yes, DJ & I ate dinner, but I'm hungry again and would LOVE a cheeseburger or sour cream and onion chips!" He said "sure, I'm stopping at the store." (Our grocery store has a restaurant/bar in it) He then comes home with... Wait for it... FROZEN PIZZA! C'mon man! By this point nothing in my house looked appetizing or appealed to me, because I was so looking forward to this cheeseburger and/or chips. I ended up wiling myself not to cry and just went to bed I was SO sad.

EDD: September 5, 2014
January 22nd, 2014, 06:21 AM
klynne83's Avatar Veteran
Urchin you are not alone! I would be very upset if I was in your situation as well. You risked your life, your unborn baby, and your DD's life to go in to work for a HALF day? I had a bad night at my one job the other night and I was being so aggressive and I am usually not like that at all! Pregnancy brings out the best and the worst in us!

January 22nd, 2014, 06:43 AM
Regular
Luckily I'm self employed now and I can talk to myself any which way I please. However, I did have a job during my last pregnancy, and I was a BEAR to everyone! Especially the owner of the company. I'm surprised I didn't get fired. In fact, I had to beg to be laid off towards the end of my pregnancy. Ha! Guess they couldn't get enough of ms. sassy pants.
January 22nd, 2014, 08:13 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Michelle.. View Post
At least you had reason to be angry!
Check this one out! Our dog got loose about 2 weeks ago. He is not fixed and ended up in the neighbor North of town's dog pen. I freaked out and posted all over Facebook how he was missing for over 15 hours blah, blah, blah. One of my FB friends commented that he was in the pen, to go over there and they'd let him out for me.
Win, right?!! Nope!
One of the dogs in the pen is a female. A pregnant female. Not preggo by my dog but apparently he likes, no LOVES her smell (whatever pregnant smells like ) So he's escaped 3 MORE times and climbed their fence just to get in to see her! I feel like such a bad dog owner having to go over there and knock and basically apologize for my horny weird dog and take him home.
We've been extra super careful about him getting out. Always holding his collar, using a leash and even using his corrector/shock collar and he hasn't escaped in about 5 days. Well in those 5 days, every 2 hours he cries, whines and HOWLS until someone lets him outside and hooks him up. And by someone, I mean me. Hubby says "he's not my dog, you let him out" and then rolls back over to sleep. Yeah, he even does it all night, every freaking 2 hours he does this crap!
I've had enough. Today (well yesterday - Tuesday-, I haven't slept yet) I got so d@mn mad I put him in my office and shut the door and gave him a time out. Seriously. I've never hit my dog, ever, but I thought I was just gonna flip out on him.
UGH, glad it's not just me! 's to you!! Here's hoping we can reel in the witch before we get burned at the stake!!
Oh my goodness! That would be awful!
..Michelle.. likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 09:25 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
I snap a lot… At about just anything and then afterwards I feel a lil bad. It is like my mouth filter is broken. I get irritated when my kids take their time to get ready or when I have to repeat myself.
As for your situation, I think that you were entitled… What if you would have got stuck out there for some reason? Good thing that your co-worker called. I think that your Manager needs to take some Management classes…

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search