possibly overreacting

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By xzippedx
  • 1 Post By amberbanegas
  • 1 Post By fabfifth
  • 1 Post By Missy_Lue
  • 1 Post By bukappadelta
  • 1 Post By Mslily1125
  • 1 Post By Missy_Lue

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2014, 05:37 AM
Regular
Last night I took one of the clear blue test that estimates how many weeks you are. It said 2-3 weeks on it. I thought it should say 3+ weeks. AF was due on the 19 of this month. Could there be something wrong or am I just being over paranoid?
January 23rd, 2014, 05:50 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Expecting #2
those tests are never accurate on the weeks.
first time i tested with my first it marked 3-4 weeks but i was in fact 6 weeks along.
With this pregnancy it came out 1-2 weeks which was accurate because i tested way before AF was supposed to be due.
Best way to know how far along you are is with your OB or just using online calculations. as long as the test came out positive - it's positive
kimberzzz and Caerus like this.

January 23rd, 2014, 05:57 AM
Mine was also wrong on that test! Don't let that worry you
January 23rd, 2014, 05:59 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy_Lue View Post
Last night I took one of the clear blue test that estimates how many weeks you are. It said 2-3 weeks on it. I thought it should say 3+ weeks. AF was due on the 19 of this month. Could there be something wrong or am I just being over paranoid?
I'm right there with you! I have decided after this morning knowing full well that it's behind for me I'm getting rid of the ones I have left!!!
January 23rd, 2014, 06:01 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Maybe it is measuring FETAL age and not adding the 2 weeks for fertilization? I wouldn't worry! Not ONE bit!
Mslily1125 likes this.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

January 23rd, 2014, 06:09 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbanegas View Post
Maybe it is measuring FETAL age and not adding the 2 weeks for fertilization? I wouldn't worry! Not ONE bit!
They are supposed to measure from O date. Which still makes it wrong. It's been 4 weeks since O for me and still saying 2-3wks. I am not putting much in it and just going to get rid of the rest of the tests so I can stop stressing Don't know why this time I would test so much! I think I'm still in disbelief!
amberbanegas likes this.
January 23rd, 2014, 06:35 AM
I tested a lot too… They didn't have those kind over here though. Never fear my dear, Maybe your baby just implanted late? I just know there is always a 2 week give or take...

January 23rd, 2014, 06:50 AM
Regular
Thanks ladies my mind is much more at ease, I really need to stop taking them! That is gonna be the last one lol.
amberbanegas likes this.
January 23rd, 2014, 07:05 AM
Veteran
The instructions in the package tell you that if it reads 1-2, you are actually 3-4 by how a doc calculates. So if it said 3-4, it would be 5-6 weeks.
amberbanegas likes this.
January 23rd, 2014, 07:05 AM
I had the line on my EPT disappear! It freaked me out! LOL. I had like 6 PG test on my dresser. I threw most of them away!

Last edited by amberbanegas; January 23rd, 2014 at 10:58 AM.
January 23rd, 2014, 07:41 AM
klynne83's Avatar Veteran
They calculate those tests based on date of conception, not 0 date, not LMP! Don't worry hunny, remember YOU ARE PREGNANT! Enjoy it!

January 23rd, 2014, 10:52 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The things we subject ourselves too!!

I was freaking out a couple days ago because the lines were looking lighter on my tests. I was reminded by a very wise woman on this board that I am pregnant and need to stop taking tests and stop worrying. Then my nurse told me the same thing yesterday.

It's so hard to just sit back and enjoy it these first few weeks!
kimberzzz likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 23rd, 2014, 10:58 AM
Heck yea it is! I feel like a maniac! I am sure my DH thinks I am too!

January 23rd, 2014, 11:12 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by klynne83 View Post
They calculate those tests based on date of conception, not 0 date, not LMP! Don't worry hunny, remember YOU ARE PREGNANT! Enjoy it!
It's so unreal to hear that, dang hormones made me teary eyed reading your post. You are pregnant. Feels so weird and exciting! You ladies are great I feel.more at ease and when I start getting anxious I just read over some of your posts and my worries start to subside.
It's comforting to know your not alone in how you feel.
Feb 19 can't come soon enough. That's my first appt. With my obgyn I feel like a kid counting down the days to Christmas!
kimberzzz likes this.
January 23rd, 2014, 11:30 AM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
I know it's hard but try not taking tests all the time . You'll worry yourself sick !
January 23rd, 2014, 11:56 AM
jrs_mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
My appt. is the 20th and it feels sooo far away! Honestly I think you are just where you should be on the digi test! If you are a little worried call your ob and see if you can get a hcg blood test. I am going for mine tomorrow. My ob was able to schedule my blood test within 2 days! Hugs!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

Last edited by jrs_mommy; January 23rd, 2014 at 11:59 AM.
January 23rd, 2014, 03:20 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, please step away from the pregnancy tests and take a deep breath. I know how scary it is in the first tri! Everything is going to be okay I wouldn't worry about what a pregnancy test says at this point unless it were to come up negative, ya know what I mean? You are far enough a long that those pregnancy tests are not a good indicator of what is going on.

Grr... I can't wait for the first trimester to just be over already and I am not even 5 weeks.

Hugs hun!

January 24th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by klynne83 View Post
It says on the website that is is actually supposed to be from Ovulation, not conception.

BUT it also says that the results could be misleading which obviously we all know
January 24th, 2014, 11:50 AM
kimberzzz's Avatar Veteran
I took one of those right after getting a second faint line on 2 other tests and it said "Not Pregnant". It confused the heck out of me cause I was sure I was pregnant. I think I took like 6 more tests to be sure, including a First Response digital test and they were all positive. I've gotten BFPs using the Clear Blue digital tests many times with my other pregnancies, but I personally think that week estimator one is terrible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search