First Trimester Screen

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By MD
  • 1 Post By Jenn-F
  • 1 Post By FlyingFlower
  • 1 Post By kto1111
  • 4 Post By MD
  • 1 Post By MD

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Veteran
I went to the RE Yesterday, I had my first prenatal appt and got my Beta back its >5,000! I was so happy but bummed because I really just want to know the number and their machine only works up to 5k. Oh well at least it is still positive! The rest of the appt went well and all of my prenatal labs came back today and everything looks great! I could not be happier!

While I was there she talked to me about a First Trimester screen its and ultrasound and blood work to rule out Trisomy 21 & 18, Turners and other chromosomal abnormalities. They do it at 11-14 weeks. Anyone have any experience with this?

I can not wait I have my first ultrasound on Wednesday!! YAY!

January 24th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good appointment. Yay!!
MD likes this.
January 24th, 2014, 11:07 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
How many DPO are you? Did you do IUI, IVF, FET or just meds? I am so excited to have another TTCMA here!!! I wonder will my clinic do all those tests! That is AWESOME! HOW EXCITING!!! Congrats

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

January 24th, 2014, 11:37 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great appointment!

I don't really remember but I think there might be several different kinds of scans that are done. We either did only some of them or none at all. I know for certain the one that checks for Down's we didn't do because my insurance didn't cover it and I didn't want to know. I think I might get the scans done this time around.
MD likes this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
January 24th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There are now a few different tests that do that, main ones that I know of are MaterniT21 and Harmony. MaterniT21 you can find out the gender with also, Harmony if they also look for x & y abnormalities you can find it out through it too.
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

January 24th, 2014, 12:12 PM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
3 years ago with DD, I did the first trimester standard genetic screen in conjunction with the nuchal translucency. (This is what your doc is talking about). Insurance didn't cover my N/T scan since I wasn't higher risk or over 35. MaterniT21 and Harmony are newer (as far as I know) and I'm looking forward to seeing what my doc offers now. For me, I want to do as much non-invasive screening as possible, but I know that is not for everyone. Even if I didn't want to know, I'd want to do it just for finding out the gender so early!
Caerus likes this.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
January 24th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
I've heard they can give you the gender then too & it's 99.9 accurate.
January 24th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally missed you said ultrasound and bloodwork. I just zoned in on the bloodwork. What they are probably talking about is the Nuchal scan (NT). I did it with #3 and will be doing it again this time.
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

January 24th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbanegas View Post
How many DPO are you? Did you do IUI, IVF, FET or just meds? I am so excited to have another TTCMA here!!! I wonder will my clinic do all those tests! That is AWESOME! HOW EXCITING!!! Congrats
Amber-

They TTC process has been quite eventful for us... I did a fused cycle of clomid and bravelle injections (FSH) ovidrel and IUI. I ended up having 2 follies a 16mm and 20mm at time of trigger. We are hoping for twins..eek. This was our last IUI before we moved on to IVF we did a total of 8 IUI cycles. Our insurance does not cover IVF. I am praying that it stays for the duration this time and we get to hold our bundle of joy! It still feels unreal that so far everything is going well. I keep holding my breath waiting for someone to say haha just kidding. How did you guys get your BFP?

January 24th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Veteran
Heather, Morgan, Katie and Knewton-

Thanks for the info ladies. I think we are going to do it, even if it is not covered by insurance my husband still wants to do it. I am under 35 and low risk so it probably will not be covered but I am wishing for a hopeful surprise. I am not sure we are going to find out the sex....we are still on the fence about it. Katie- I am with you, I am all game for any non invasive tests that can help alleviate my fears and give me a better idea of what is going on in there.
I feel like a crazy worrying lady half the time and i'm not sure if it because I am NICU Nurse or just because I am a first time mom to be. My RE told me yesterday that it will never go away it is like wearing your heart outside of you from now on. EEK! Deep breaths. Life is good!
amberbanegas likes this.

January 24th, 2014, 11:06 PM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the good appt! We found Roman's hydrocephaly on his 5 month U/S but didn't do any other testing. I'm afraid of the bad things I've heard about amnio's that I'm not sure if it's worth it.

January 25th, 2014, 02:05 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Marla- We did IVF… But we lost the baby from the fresh cycle in November. I wasn't far along at all, it was a chemical. Luckily we had 9 frozen embies left. They thawed 5, 3 survived and then put two in. (FET) I am hoping I am preggers with twins too because… I do not wanna go thru this again. My DH is bound determined to have 4 children! He says he is ok with only one more though! (I know his face well enough to know he will try again!!!LOL) It is emotionally DRAINING the whole process! Good luck to you! FX FX!!!

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

January 25th, 2014, 05:16 AM
MEG282's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2!
I had the 12 week Nucle test, we knew that whatever they found didn't matter we obviously wouldn't terminate the pregnancy but it was a great excuse to see the baby on an ultrasound!

Thank You for the BEAUTIFUL Siggy .:Shortcake:.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search