I feel nasty!

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By amberbanegas
  • 2 Post By MD
  • 2 Post By amberbanegas
  • 1 Post By f0rever
  • 1 Post By MD
  • 1 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By amberbanegas
  • 1 Post By Kayakgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2014, 03:43 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
I smell, I burp and I am gassy! I do not recall these symptoms being so profound in my previous pregnancies! I absolutely hate this! I stay laying down a lot but still try to get things done. I am glad to see that other women are having such bad MS too! (Makes me feel less of a weirdo) what is going on with my body??? I have an international flight to take and I am wondering how will I survive!? When will this be over??? Did I just block this out while TTC?

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

February 7th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Veteran
Ugh! I'm so sorry I feel you girlie! I hope you will be ok on your flight...I could not imagine trying to be cramped in a small seat right now that sounds like torture. Hopefully you can get back to the USA and get a script for something to help you. Make sure to get an aisle seat. I have also been taking TUMS so it is less acidic in my stomach so that helps and if you puke it kinda tastes fruity haha. Good luck!
Caerus and Mslily1125 like this.

February 7th, 2014, 04:33 AM
The fruity throw up made me laugh! I am getting a list together for DH as there are Tums at the store on base. I am traveling with DS and DD... And I got the aisle! Did you ever watch "what to expect while expecting" I feel like that lady who wanted to be pregnant soooo bad and then was miserable. I paid thousands of dollars to get here so I feel guilty when I feel like "Why is this happening!?"
Caerus and Mslily1125 like this.

February 7th, 2014, 05:16 AM
Veteran
I did a cross country flight recently and have an international one coming up. It was hard. Be sure to wear very loose fitting clothes, I couldn't believe how tight even my sweats ended up feeling. I also brought a water bottle and snacks that make me less nauseous. Good luck! You'll survive. =)
Caerus likes this.
February 7th, 2014, 06:13 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Yup - I flew recently across country. I am not gonna lie. It was pretty terrible.
Ophelia due September 2014!

February 7th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Veteran
Haha Amber, I hope the Tums help a little. I like that movie and often I feel like that, I just keep telling myself this is what you wanted. It goes back to the saying be careful what u wish for. Now I am thinking I should have just been a childless party animal. I could have thrown some great parties with all the $$ we spent to get here!! Haha
amberbanegas likes this.

February 7th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Oh you poor thing! While my MS isn't too bad (just nausea), I get you on the gassy, bloated part. I already look like I'm 3 months pregnant! Ack!

I wish you well on your flight. I hope you happen to have a "good day" and don't feel so bad!
amberbanegas likes this.

February 7th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Loose clothes, snacks and water. I will make sure I do that. I get so upset when I get sick though and I def don't wanna be sick in front of strangers!!! I hope that we all start feeling better soon!

February 7th, 2014, 12:25 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are so sick. I am too! It is miserable. I cannot imagine flying while I am feeling like this. I hope you have a decent day too and the morning sickness doesn't get too bad.

The ladies gave good advice. Good luck!

February 7th, 2014, 12:30 PM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
That sounds awful. Sorry you have to go through that, and especially during a long flight! Feel better soon!

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
February 7th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. I was telling a co-worker earlier that I have pretty much all the symptoms EXCEPT ms. **Knock on wood** I hope that you get through the flight with minimal problems! good luck!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 7th, 2014, 03:41 PM
The Working Mom's Avatar Veteran
The serve ginger ale, and that usually helps me. I really agree with the loose clothing, I think the pressure up in the sky makes any air in your stomach expand.

I had to take a cross-country flight when I was feeling really bad a couple weeks ago and I took a juice drink with me along with a few snacks - eating always seems to help me. I eat the food really slowly the whole flight.

Good luck!

February 7th, 2014, 03:48 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Super Mommy
You also might try getting a cup of ice. I'm not a nice chewer at all but I've found for some reason that I feel better while flying if I chew ice. Also it keeps you hydrated if you're not up to drinking water.

And if you get sick or need anything tell the flight attendant you're pregnant. Most of the time they're helpful and they'll go out of their way for you.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
February 7th, 2014, 04:20 PM
kimberzzz's Avatar Veteran
I'm sorry you're sick and hope you feel better soon. I've been having the same symptoms and it sucks. The constant nauseating burping is driving me nuts and the gas causes the most painful cramps. I am having the hardest time making it through the day taking care of the kids by myself. If I have to change one more poopy diaper I am going to throw up for hours lol. If this keeps up I may have to withdrawal from my college classes. I have done so well in school so far, it kills me to even have to consider it, but I figure it's better than failing.

I wish I had advice when it comes to flying, but unfortunately I've never flown before. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Mommy to..
Aireana Joy 3/19/05
Zaylee Grace 3/17/09
Kian Dayne 9/4/10
Jaycek Robert 3/1/12

4/3/14
February 7th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Thank you all for the advise. I leave tomorrow and I haven't packed. I am excited to be in Fla. the kids will see our new house for the first time. I decorated in Nov I wanted to sit in the back of the plane but my husband talked me out of it. (Bathroom stinks) I hope it will be great... MS stops when???
kimberzzz likes this.

February 7th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Veteran
Safe travels!!!

February 7th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
See if you can get a pill from your doctor called phenogren. It will knock you out and help the nausea. Also probiotics. I've been so so gassy. Heck I had potatoes and was so gassy. How ? Lol . Plus less and less things taste good. I'm like the picky kid not eating dinner
February 8th, 2014, 03:02 AM
My doctor won't give me any meds! I already tried...

February 8th, 2014, 05:16 AM
Kayakgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't flown for awhile but I recall there being something on the ceiling that could blow fresh air in your face - that would probably help me with nausea.
And I second the advice about the probiotics.
amberbanegas likes this.

February 8th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Jenn-F's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope it goes ok!!!
Expecting #3 It's a GIRL!! Anna Joy! C-section scheduled for September 11.

Tags
first trimester , gas , pain , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search