BTDT Moms

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Do you want this pregnancy to go the same way as previous ones?

What about birth?

February 19th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes to both...I have had easy pregnancies so far! This one has been the worst actually (but in the grand scheme of things it's not that bad). I usually don't gain a lot, lose it easily, feel great the whole time, and have no complications or issues. Hoping for the same here too!

As far as the birth, both have been wonderful with no issues, little pain, and quick! I just hope not to have to be induced like I was with my first. While it went awesome and I had no problems with it, going into labor naturally was way more fun!
KHawk likes this.

Expecting Baby #3, due September 9, 2014!

February 19th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Honestly, I loved my last pregnancy with DD, but I am SO hoping I don't get hydronephrosis this time. It would be amazing to have a complication-free pregnancy!

As for the birth, if it could go exactly the same this time, I'd be a happy woman! I'd love to go without pain meds and not be induced, but if I could have the same experience this time around, that would be great! (I was induced with gel, had a 6 hour labour with an epi at 10cm...small tear).

February 19th, 2014, 06:13 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
My pregnancies (thus far) are relatively easy and so are my births, so, yes, I'd love for this one to be like the others. So far though, I've had terrible morning (all day) sickness so that is already a change from what I've previously experienced.
February 19th, 2014, 06:37 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes and no. I have very trouble free pregnancies despite always being put in the high risk group. I have never had any issues ever. My babies have all been healthy and perfect. Despite that I really hate being pregnant. The exhaustion the heartburn the constant peeing getting woke up or not being able to go to sleep because you know it's a great time to try to stretch out when mommy lays down!! Wow is that a creepy feeling! I am not talking about the kicking, the stretching out it's just weird and only my girls have done it. Which all further enhances the exhaustion. Getting them here I really hate I can't even bring myself to call it birth it's baby removal. (I am very bitter about my C-sections) But the second I hear that baby cry I can't describe my joy! It is overwhelming! But being the last hands to touch my babies still doesn't get any easier for me. The funny part is as soon as baby is out and in my arms I feel amazing! I hurt like hell, but my energy is instantly back the heartburn is almost immediately gone! I don't like pregnancy, but my babies are worth it!

February 19th, 2014, 07:01 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Expecting #2
Yes and no.. My previous pregnany was a living nightmare, morning sickness never left, dehydration, hospital trips etc, it was not how i thought my first time would be like. As for birth i would love it to be a similar experience only 5 hrs of labor i made it through with flying colors, time passed super fast and it was an amazing experience

February 19th, 2014, 07:09 AM
rudebella
My first pregnancy was a breeze (despite early morning sickness). No blood pressure issues, no GD issues, no swelling, etc... I am having worse morning sickness this time around but am hoping for another easy pregnancy.

I was induced with my first and although my labor and delivery wasn't terrible (24 hours from induction to delivery; got to have a vaginal delivery despite the induction), I did have an epidural. This time around, I want to avoid induction and hopefully, deliver more naturally.
February 19th, 2014, 07:53 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope I have a similar pregnancy. It was smooth sailing with DD.

I was induced at 42w and ended up with an emergency C-section after about 15 hours of labor and pretty much no progress (and baby's heart rate declined). I know that won't happen again because I won't go through another induction. My hope is to go in to labor on my own this time and delivery vaginally... but if that doesn't happen, my doc will have my section scheduled for 41w.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
February 19th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd like it to go like it did with my first 3 pregnancies. They were pretty smooth and normal. Had scheduled c/s which will be the case again.
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

February 19th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Veteran
My pregnancies would be way too long to explain as would all the births, but I had gallstones and m/s back to back w my last pregnancy. The labor was only two hours, but very stressful due to an ultrasound tech sending me to the hospital claiming I had no fluid and mecornium in the waters. There was no mecornium in the water everything was fine. I was supposed to have a home birth so the nurses wouldn't even touch me to help me sit up on that dumb table. It was very hard to push that way. I felt like I was standing on my head. Anyway the baby was very healthy and recovery was great until two months later when the gallbladder pain came back. :-D
February 19th, 2014, 08:29 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
This pregnancy (3rd) is the worst for me by far. But hopefully that means y labor will be better! I really am looking forward to a planned C-section. But - knowing my luck, I will end up the lady who delivers in her car stuck in traffic a week early!!!!

February 19th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Super Mommy
I hope my pregnancy goes better then my last with dd, I was hospitalized twice for a week each. And was always worried because I was bleeding or spotting. And dd was footling breech and literally stuck in my ribs..hubby said if took 2 drs to finally get her out.
My first dd pregnancy was awesome, no issues or complications, but I had her at 43.5weeks.
I'm hoping to do vbac this time,but so far this pregnancy is just like the other with bleeding and spotting. I hope there are no hospitalizations this time around!

February 19th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccasmom7718 View Post
I hope my pregnancy goes better then my last with dd, I was hospitalized twice for a week each. And was always worried because I was bleeding or spotting. And dd was footling breech and literally stuck in my ribs..hubby said if took 2 drs to finally get her out.
My first dd pregnancy was awesome, no issues or complications, but I had her at 43.5weeks.
I'm hoping to do vbac this time,but so far this pregnancy is just like the other with bleeding and spotting. I hope there are no hospitalizations this time around!
Hospitalization does suck, and I can't imagine it while having a kiddo at home on top of it!

I was hospitalized about a half dozen times and had 3 surgeries for kidney stents.... it was really over-whelming!

I'm hoping NONE of us have to go through any scary stuff like that this time around!

February 19th, 2014, 09:06 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pregnancy - yes and no. I was miserable for the first 25ish weeks with morning sickness. I couldn't even work so I was just in the house all day. However there were no major pregnancy complications at all and after the ms was over I felt great. I also managed to lose all the weight and more over about a 9 month span with very little effort. So far the ms is better with this one and hopefully there won't be any complications.

Birth - also yes and no. Labor started naturally in the middle of the night. When I went in the morning to the hospital they said I wasn't very far progressed and typically they'd send me home but they noticed with each contraction something was wrong with DD. I can't even believe I can't remember what it was, I think it was the heart rate. So they wanted to keep me in and they said I wouldn't be leaving the hospital til she was born. I was allowed to labor naturally which was great, no pitocin or anything. When I was far enough along I got the lovely epidural and I progressed much better. Then they noticed that her heart rate was getting worse and it was time to try to push and told me she needed to come out asap. They said I could do one push to see where she was but if it didn't look good I'd be getting a c/s. Also I remember them bringing in forceps which scared me more than the thought of a c/s. I did one push, they saw her head, two more pushes later she was out. But they took her away immediately which was awful and I wasn't sure if she was ok. So it was painless and easy but I would really like to be able to hold this one right away and not have the fear there.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
February 19th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
I want the pregnancy to go the same but I want to go natural this time. With my first the epidural didn't take and I got redosed 5 times I still felt everything. I would love to do it again but completely natural this time. Doc said with your second its half the labor and half pushing (I hope he is right!)
February 20th, 2014, 03:33 AM
Kayakgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope this pregnancy goes better than the first, and already it is - I'm just having waves of nausea, no throwing up yet, rather than all day every day nausea like before. I could do without the gestational hypertension this time around too, but it's too early to tell so far.
I know this birth will go better than last time. This will be a planned C-section so no 24 hours of labor, 5 hours of pushing and ending up with an emergency C-section like before. I'm not exactly looking forward to another major surgery, but I know what to expect.

February 20th, 2014, 04:04 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Pregnancy is pretty easy for me so I wouldn't mind that being the same.

Birth.......HELL NO. That was the worst experience and most pain I've ever had to endure. I'll never in my life have a vaginal delivery again.
C - section all the way for me this time.

}
February 20th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd like a normal pregnancy lol.

My first I had blood pressure issues throughout that ended with preeclampsia. Lots of extra appointments and tests. Ds1 was born at 36 weeks weighing only 4 lbs 13 oz. Had to have him by c-section after checking into hospital for a contraction stress test. I never had the cst as his heart rate wasn't responsive enough on the non stress test.

With my second everything was good until my 20 week ultrasound. That's when we found out that he had a large (at the time) cyst on his lung. After that I had to go to the complications clinic at a hospital an hour away for testing, lots of ultrasounds (fun at least), etc every few weeks. I also had to deliver at that hospital so we would have a great nicu. Had a scheduled c-section. Thankfully God was gracious and the cyst was gone when ds was born!!!

So this time I'm hoping for no complications. I do have high blood pressure but it is controlled.

I'm trying to decide between a repeat c-section or trying for a vbac. My cardiologist said a vbac is ok from a cardiac standpoint so now I have to decided.
February 20th, 2014, 11:40 AM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
I'd like for this pregnancy to be a combination of my first birth and my third pregnancy. With my second DS the pregnancy was so easy, stress free, worry free, problem free and all around text book. The birth on the other hand was a nightmare as he was a 10lb baby.

I'd like the birth to be as my first was. My water broke at 11am that morning he was born at 10:34 that night with no epidural and it wasn't that bad. I'd like to skip the tearing though as he was 8lbs. I don't have small boys lol

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
February 20th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Super Mommy
I'd love not to have morning sickness (all day), but that card has been dealt and I lost! lol I haven't had any pregnancy issues in the past, so hoping that will be the case this time, especially since I am so much older with this one.

Baby health is of concern b/c my oldest was born with a few birth defects including a heart defect. That was stress on the pregnancy(no complications though) and post delivery.

I usually go right up to my due date and even had to be induced with #3, so I wouldn't be heartbroken if this one came like a week early! But that is just wishful thinking and me not wanting to gain that extra few lbs in the home stretch. But more than that I hope I have another vaginal delivery, I don't want a c/s (recovery)!!
Mom to DS 4/03, DD 12/05, DD 5/07 & baby #4 due Sept 24

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search