another grooming? hair color/dye?

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By disneydiva76
  • 1 Post By KHawk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Veteran
With my "advanced maternal age" also come grey hair! Actually I have been dyeing my grey hair since my mid-20's, it's just more now. I am dying (no pun intended!) to get my hair colored but the OB said to try and hold off until after the 1st tri. What do you think or what was advice given? The one thing in my favor is this arctic air/below freezing temps, I have been wearing a hat all the time!
Mom to DS 4/03, DD 12/05, DD 5/07 & baby #4 due Sept 24
February 26th, 2014, 09:03 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Super Mommy
Personally, I don't think a one time dye in the first trimester is going to do anything. I think the advice (which I've heard many times before) is fairly extreme. I get not dyeing it everyday in the first trimester but one time to make you feel human seems fine to me. Ok I also probably wouldn't do it around weeks 5 or 6 or something just in case, but even then I'd be laughing at myself for being silly.

My hair is blonde but in the winter the blonde grows a little bit darker without the sun to lighten it up. I just looked last night and realized I hate how it looks now and need it lightened up. Also this winter is just depressing so I need something fun to remind me of warmer weather. Granted I'm almost done with the first trimester but I made an appointment without thinking about it.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
February 26th, 2014, 09:21 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm going tomorrow to get mine done and I think I'd JUST gotten my BFP when I went in the previous time. I don't think it's a big deal unless you are bleaching and the stuff touches your scalp/skin. I also have friends who chose to use more natural products for coloring while they were pregnant. Some salons use products that don't have such harsh chemicals, so that is always an option if you'd feel more comfortable.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
February 26th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I am personally not comfortable with anything that touches the scalp. Dark dyes are linked to bladder cancers...so who knows what effect that may have on a developing baby.

I only ever get lightening foils....which dont touch my skin at all, but I still wont have them done until very late in thr second trimester, at the earliest.

I guess it comes down to your own comfort level.

February 26th, 2014, 10:54 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
I have no issues with coloring my hair while pregnant. That being said, I only do it once or twice during pregnancy, if only because I get lazy, lol. I haven't done it with this pg yet but will do it very soon as my hair is currently three different colors (roots dark brown, reddish throughout the rest with golden highlights).
February 26th, 2014, 11:42 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That reminds me I need to do mine again. I have been coloring my hair for years. I have never worried about it I color when I feel like it. Ok Well it has become more recent in the last year since I found my first grays!

February 26th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also think that a one time thing wont do much, as long as you arent in a closed room and have good air circulation. LAst time, I found out I was pregnant the day before my air appointment... I felt a little weird about it, but sitting in the big open salon, I figured I was fine. I am anxious to get mine done soon, too. Come on taxes!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
February 26th, 2014, 03:25 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think its fine to do. I need to get my hair done and I haven't. But that is mostly because I can't handle the smell right now.

February 26th, 2014, 03:27 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I need to get mine done too!! Thanks for the reminder. Lol. Knocked up and white trash roots showin. I'm doin real GOOD!
FlyingFlower and bec9494 like this.

}
February 27th, 2014, 03:14 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Expecting #2
my ob said it's perfectly fine to color your hair as long as you use a small dose of ammonia, i've been coloring my roots every 3 weeks since i found out.

February 27th, 2014, 07:26 AM
KHawk's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm 34 and 40-50% grey lol..... so I go faithfully every 5-6 weeks.
bec9494 likes this.

February 27th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLat View Post
I think its fine to do. I need to get my hair done and I haven't. But that is mostly because I can't handle the smell right now.
Yep, that is the other thing holding me back from making the appt, not sure my nausea could handle the smell.
Mom to DS 4/03, DD 12/05, DD 5/07 & baby #4 due Sept 24

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search