OMP

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By babyDamico
  • 1 Post By Kayakgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2014, 04:16 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
So- I wake up a LOT thru the night feeling like I am DYING of thirst! I always have water with me and beside my bed when I am home too! I wake up and pee… And Oh My PEE- Where is the water going? I usually pee CLEAR! My urine smells and I am not sure why! I have an appt today and I will ask about how much water I really need! (It is all I drink with an occasional glass of OJ)

Is anyone else having a problem with this?

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

March 22nd, 2014, 06:41 AM
babyDamico's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES!!!! I ALWAYS feel dehydrated and its worse in the mornings. I chugged water so fast the other morning that it all came back up :-( Not sure about the urine having a smell though!
amberbanegas likes this.

March 22nd, 2014, 08:43 AM
Veteran
I wake up in the middle of the night a couple times to pee and a couple times to drink water. And I'm still dying of thirst first thing in the morning.
March 22nd, 2014, 09:36 AM
Super Mommy
Have them check your blood sugar - did you have any tendencies for gestational diabetes in prior pregnancies?
March 22nd, 2014, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.a.m.a.to.3 View Post
Have them check your blood sugar - did you have any tendencies for gestational diabetes in prior pregnancies?
I did not have GD either pregnancies… They were worried since my son was so big and they tested me a lot with my daughter (5 times!!!) And I hate drinking that stuff! I should have read this before my appt. I will ask them to check it when I go in on Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyDamico View Post
YES!!!! I ALWAYS feel dehydrated and its worse in the mornings. I chugged water so fast the other morning that it all came back up :-( Not sure about the urine having a smell though!
I suck on water like a baby from a bottle with a straw! LOL… It only smells in the morning… Which is weird. I got medicine from my doctor just in case it is something. I should hear from the clinic in 2 days! I just can't believe how hard it is to stay hydrated!

March 22nd, 2014, 10:45 AM
Super Mommy
I think its perfectly healthy and normal to be that thirsty. I wouldnt worry. You can always ask to er on the cautious side but its likely normal.
March 22nd, 2014, 09:33 PM
Veteran
The urine smell could be from prenatals if your taking them. And I think the 'dying of thirst' feeling can be normal too. I had it with all my pregnancies but ever had issues. And I also wake up to drink and pee! Lol so annoying especially if I'm having a good dream still mention it to your doc but I'm sure it's normal.
March 23rd, 2014, 06:52 PM
Kayakgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been dying of thirst at night too, while having to pee all the time. I thought the dryness was just because my house is dry so I've been running a humidifier right next to my bed, but it doesn't always help. It's starting to interfere with my sleep
amberbanegas likes this.

March 23rd, 2014, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayakgirl View Post
I've been dying of thirst at night too, while having to pee all the time. I thought the dryness was just because my house is dry so I've been running a humidifier right next to my bed, but it doesn't always help. It's starting to interfere with my sleep
Funny because I thought that too at first! I live in Kuwait and it is about to be that "DUST" season so I though that was the problem! I also am having a hard time sleeping! Hopefully it will go away soon! (But it is not likely!)

March 24th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Super Mommy
Here too - same cycle of thirst and up to pee! I did ask my OB early on and she said it is quite normal for some women. I also made the mistake of gulping water one morning since I was dying of thirst and it all came right back up! At least that was clear Hope we get some relief soon, I feel like I have to time when I drink so I'll be near a bathroom when it makes its way through!
Mom to DS 4/03, DD 12/05, DD 5/07 & baby #4 due Sept 24
March 24th, 2014, 06:33 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I drink a full 22 oz bottle of water through the night it is so annoying!! Makes me have to pee so much but I am just soooo thirsty!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

Tags
pee , pregnancy , sleep , urine , water

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search