TMI but I need help!

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By KeliRevels
  • 1 Post By FlyingFlower
  • 1 Post By bukappadelta
  • 1 Post By 2themoonx2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Veteran
So, I've been dealing with constipation since the beginning of my pregnancy, like only going once a week. I was put on iron supplements around 9 weeks which of course, only made this worse. Since then, I've been taking Colace 2 times a day. Initially, this was helping and I noticed a difference. Now, I feel like I've become immune to it or something and it is making no difference. I'm trying to eat high fiber foods and drinking a lot of water. Any other suggestions? I'm miserable!
March 28th, 2014, 07:32 PM
KeliRevels's Avatar Veteran
I used magnesium citrate and it helped immediately. I haven't talked to my midwife about it but I was in the ER w/ a kidney infection and he recommended that for the constipation. It's a liquid that you drink just like water. It's carbonated and pretty flavorful, but not bad. And like I said... it was chronic and BAD constipation and it helped within 30 minutes. I only had to use it once. Its OTC.
Thankfulhelpmeet likes this.
March 28th, 2014, 08:52 PM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
Omg. I feel for you! My Dr wouldn't let me use mag citrate or anything besides colace. She finally told me to do clear liquids for a day and a half or so to let my digestive system "rest" because it was too the point where I felt so full & bloated, there wasn't any room to keep food down! It was terrible but it to totally worked. It was the first 2 days I went with out throwing up the whole 1st trimester & seemed to help get everything moving.. Hope you start feeling better soon!!
March 29th, 2014, 12:05 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
I got ClearLax (Polyeththylene Glycol) I got it from Walmart, It was the Equate Brand. You drink it with juice or water… And it helped me. I had gas first (which was a relief in itself!!!) and then… Potty Time! It worked for me. S/N: I bought that one because my friend got a prescription from her doctor that had the SAME active ingredient.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

March 29th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Veteran
Thank you, everyone! Jewlz, so you had only clear liquids for a day? No food? I just want to make sure I understand how to do it correctly.
March 29th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby3September View Post
Thank you, everyone! Jewlz, so you had only clear liquids for a day? No food? I just want to make sure I understand how to do it correctly.
I had similar issues with my first pregnancy and my dr suggested I eat corn, drink more water and fruit! Well I was not impressed at all with this horrible advice! Not to sound arrogant! But it was awful advice and this time around I have been seeing a Naturalpathic Dr who specializes in fertility and womens pregnancy issues. She has encouraged me to take Magnesium citrate which is one of the only thing that helps me go! I believe many drs dont like to prescribe natural remedies (that actually work better!) because than they wont receive kickbacks from pushing pharmaceutical drugs.

Another awesome remedy is coconut oil (1-2 tsp) in a cup of hot water! Works like a charm!
March 29th, 2014, 06:25 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also have it really bad and I did with my last pregnancy, too. I take colace and eat well and drink lots of water and it's at least not impossible to go but just very infrequent. I found these crazy gluten free fiber bars at whole foods that I've started eating once a day. They seem to help, too. But nothing is a cure-all. At least you're not alone!
Baby3September likes this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
April 2nd, 2014, 07:28 PM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby3September View Post
Sorry I've been MIA, I'm just seeing this. Yes. I actually did it almost 2 days but I did "sneak" some Pho with the noodles at the end of the 1st day. I did clear liquids like Popsicles, jello, jolly ranchers, broth, Gatorade etc and it really kind of rebooted my system. It's been a lot better since then! My dr.s thought process was that my digestive system just needed a rest. I thought she was crazy & I would starve! I did feel hungry but I didn't waste away. I was basically either sleeping or eating a Popsicle for the whole time! ;P I hope you're already feeling better! I know I was feeling really terrible :-/
April 3rd, 2014, 11:55 AM
Veteran
Going for a short run always works for me. Don't go too far from home. It works pretty fast and when you need to go, you need to go right away! Not sure if walking would have the same effect. I think it has to do with how everything gets a bit shaken up from pounding the pavement.
April 3rd, 2014, 06:50 PM
Veteran
I also use the stool softness. I also find prune juice and prunes helped a lot. Good thing I like them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search