How is your sex drive?

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By lemieuxcrew
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 3 Post By lemieuxcrew
  • 2 Post By FlyingFlower

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2014, 06:30 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had zero sex drive the first trimester. Now it's plummeted to maybe a negative 5. In normal, non-pregnancy life, it's really high. It got super high when I was pregnant with DD. But now the idea of sex just does not sound pleasant. Some combination of feeling constantly constipated (sorry tmi) and feeling fat and then just hormones I guess. Poor DH is one of those men who thinks pregnancy is really cute and he wants to do it all the time. I just don't at all. Anyone else with me?

DD- 4 years, May 2010
April 14th, 2014, 06:50 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine was high in the very beginning. It is not there AT ALL anymore. I feel bad for my husband too. I try to be kind and we still DTD at least once a week. But, if left up to me, we wouldn't do it at all.

April 14th, 2014, 07:12 PM
KHawk's Avatar Super Mommy
Mmmmm... Mine hasn't been high since we stopped trying. I feel bad, but I think the nausea which I THINK I'm past.. really put a damper on things. I just wanted to sleep as much as possible. Many times we do it's before bed.. and since being pregnant my head hits the pillow and I'm out. Sooooo... lately I've started thinking about it again. But, I wouldn't say it's high. Poor husband. He's very patient.. hasn't bothered me.
April 14th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Veteran
Non-existant. Sad I'm just too **** tired. We were newlyweds (frequent fliers) before the first kid, but since I got pregnant with him two years ago I think I can count on my fingers how many times we've DTD. Kid was colicky and just as he got his sleep sorted out and the whole family started sleeping properly... I got knocked up again. I think my drive goes away with the pregnancy hormones too. It's really really sad and hard for our relationship. I wish I was one of those women whose drive went up!
April 15th, 2014, 12:05 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Expecting #2
does not exist here just not into it anymore, i'm usually way too tired and since our son just sleeps next to us makes it even more difficult for some alone time

April 15th, 2014, 02:58 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
The drive is certainly there it's just too uncomfortable to have sex plus we were told to stop around 17 weeks (right about now). We're being super cautious and decided to stop about 3-4 weeks ago (though we've given in twice, it's just been too uncomfortable for me).
April 15th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Gone. I would be happy to not have any, lol. DH and I still try to once a week or so. I just feel really bad that he's so deprived!

I think things will get better once I am further along in my pregnancy. With the complications I had earlier, I am just way too nervous to DTD...I don't enjoy it at all

April 15th, 2014, 06:09 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
What is this "sex" word you speak of? I've nearly forgotten..........
KHawk and KeliRevels like this.

April 15th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine has actually not been too bad. In the beginning, I just felt yucky all the time and had NO interest in him even touching me really. Now, I think of it more often, but Im always tired so if he doesnt push for it, Im not going to bring it up. But Im swayed more easily into it.

I asked him, he thinks its a little higher now than normal. I think HIS is higher than normal. Once I started to show, he touches my tummy all the time. I dont get it, but he likes it. Ill take it
FlyingFlower likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
April 15th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Super Mommy
I am in the no drive category, I guess I don't get those good hormones either b/c I have never had a high sex drive when pg. That definitely bums Dh. He is one of those totally turned on by pregnancy, so I do feel bad...more for me LOL The nausea/exhaustion and him working out of town...just not a great recipe for getting in the mood.
Mom to DS 4/03, DD 12/05, DD 5/07 & baby #4 due Sept 24
April 15th, 2014, 09:44 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pretty much no drive at all. . . between the high risk at the beginning, nausea, and exhaustion I dont see how people find the time and energy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 15th, 2014, 11:02 AM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
I feel bad for my husband as well... but I'm just not into it... ugh

April 15th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Veteran
I also have no sex drive. It must be hormonal. Whatever hormone gets your sex drive up must be blocked by the amount of progesterone our bodies are making. I try to do it once every 2 weeks for my husband's sake but I would be happy with non at this point.
April 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM
NICURNmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely none! Now with the progesterone shots, killed it completely. I feel bad for hubby but drs orders no SEX!! Lol.
April 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely zero! The couple of times we have dtd lately it has been uncomfortable. I just am not into it at all. Poor DH. I'm hoping it comes back at some point!

TEAM BLUE!!!

Due September 5, 2014
April 16th, 2014, 05:27 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
OK, well - is we are talking about sex.....TMI ALERT TMI ALERT - but I HAVE to tell someone this story! Yesterday was one of "those" days. I am struggling to get out the door for some meetings. Nanny is late, DH is gone. I am in the bathroom putting on make-up and peek out to check on the kids playing in my room. My 20 month old has somehow made it into DH and my "secret" drawer which, since it has been so long since we had sex I have no idea where he put our toys and stuff. Well, DD does! When I look out she and my DS are trying to hang balloons from the fan above my bed with ..... handcuffs. Yup. Epic parental fail. (blush......but COME ON! We all got pg from SOMETHING!). Fortunately my DH is in police science so I just made up something about police training tools.

OK, exit stage left.

April 16th, 2014, 07:45 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxcrew View Post
OK, well - is we are talking about sex.....TMI ALERT TMI ALERT - but I HAVE to tell someone this story! Yesterday was one of "those" days. I am struggling to get out the door for some meetings. Nanny is late, DH is gone. I am in the bathroom putting on make-up and peek out to check on the kids playing in my room. My 20 month old has somehow made it into DH and my "secret" drawer which, since it has been so long since we had sex I have no idea where he put our toys and stuff. Well, DD does! When I look out she and my DS are trying to hang balloons from the fan above my bed with ..... handcuffs. Yup. Epic parental fail. (blush......but COME ON! We all got pg from SOMETHING!). Fortunately my DH is in police science so I just made up something about police training tools.

OK, exit stage left.

Oh my goodness, I love it! DD found one of my toys a few months ago. She's so young she didn't know what it was so I just told her it was a grown up toy. She asked if she could buy one when she was a grown up, too.
MrsLat and xMama2Fourx like this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
April 16th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess I'm the odd man out here. My drive never really went down. I was super tired the first trimester, so it didn't always happen, but continued at least 3x a week. Now, going into the second trimester, I can't get ENOUGH!! I normally have to *ahem* ..."tend to myself" when I first get home from work, and then hope that DF is up for it that night too!! I think this week, we've already hit 6 times! Fortunately for me, this whole sex drive thing seems to be the one sympathy symptom that DF is having with me.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 16th, 2014, 08:53 AM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I swing back and forth either wildly obsessed with sex or totally uninterested lol. Hubby is happy fkr my obsessed episodes lol he always has a very high drive. So if I am too uncomfortable I will at least help him in that area lol

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search