Finally back with my old OB

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By Urchin
  • 2 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I'm so happy right now. I just got back from my first appointment with the OB that I had in my last pregnancy. She is so amazing. I am feeling a MILLION times better about my pregnancy. There was so much uncertainty with my previous OB.

To update my jittery, weak feeling: it's not my glucose (I passed my 1hr!), but she did say my iron is on the low end of normal. She didn't have my earlier bloodwork to compare what is "normal" for me (the old doc sent her incomplete information), but recommended I start iron to see if that improves how I feel. I will reluctantly follow her orders.. lol

When I had my anatomy scan, ordered under my old OB at 21 weeks, I was concerned that baby was measuring small from what I was seeing on the screen during the ultrasound. My old OB simply told me, "everything's normal."

When my current OB looked at the results though, it showed I was measuring a week behind... so that kind of made me mad. I just KNEW that the other doctor wasn't being thorough enough.

So my OB is ordering another growth ultrasound in the next couple of weeks. My uterus is measuring 2 weeks behind as of today.

Baby was SUPER active when she was trying to get the heartbeat, and we had quite a few laughs as the LO kicked at the doppler, and kept moving around in there.

I am just so relieved to be back with my OB. I actually feel like I am receiving appropriate care now. I feel like if anything is wrong, I will know, and we'll look after it. My last OB would literally see me for 3 minutes and that was it.

June 25th, 2014, 11:28 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad you're back with your old OB! Word of caution RE: the iron supplement--take a stool softener! It definitely helps!!
June 25th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinal09 View Post
So glad you're back with your old OB! Word of caution RE: the iron supplement--take a stool softener! It definitely helps!!
I am defintely going into taking iron cautiously. lol Nothing makes me more crabby than being constipated!

My OB did say if I have problems, there are specialized supplements she can prescribe that are less likely to cause bowel issues.
angelinal09 and Caerus like this.

June 25th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Caerus's Avatar Due in Sept 2014
I'm glad you are back with a doc that actually makes you feel comfortable! This one is also familiar with your DD's IUGR (I am thinking of the correct person, right?), so they'll probably be more proactive about keeping track of your babe measuring behind.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie!

Pregnant #1 with 2 Angels in Heaven
June 25th, 2014, 07:19 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's so great that you're back with her! That's totally frustrating about the other one you were dealing with. I'm glad this one listens to you.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
June 25th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Veteran
I'm glad you are back too. That makes sense about the iron. I think I read somewhere that the baby needs more iron around now. Maybe that's what's causing me (and others) to feel similar too. I haven't eaten that much meat, so maybe I should eat stuff with iron in it. Hope that solves the problem for you
June 26th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
I'm glad you are back with a doc that actually makes you feel comfortable! This one is also familiar with your DD's IUGR (I am thinking of the correct person, right?), so they'll probably be more proactive about keeping track of your babe measuring behind.
Yep! You've got the right person We talked about my daughters IUGR the last time, and from what she's seeing now, it's likely this baby may have the same issues. I will be having a growth scan done in the next couple of weeks to see how baby is growing. Last time my daughter did good enough staying inside until 38w4d, so here's to hoping this one will not have to come any earlier than that!

June 26th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know how you feel! After being with a group of doctors that I didn't like with 2 babies, I am now back with my original OB that I had with my first baby. I couldn't go to him with the last 2 because of insurance reasons but, I can now and I am so happy about it! I switched to him on May 1 and it was the best thing I could have done with this pregnancy. I have known him for 20+ years, worked with him when I worked in L&D and I trust him so much. Even 2 of my sil's go to him.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search