Second baby and mixed feelings

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By GreyEyedGirl
  • 4 Post By flitabout
  • 1 Post By GreyEyedGirl
  • 1 Post By Mrsknif
  • 2 Post By Jenn-F

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Veteran
We're getting close to due dates now (8.5 weeks to go for me), and I'm starting to really think about how this new baby is going to affect my toddler. We planned for the baby, and we tried hard TTC the baby, and now that it's going to really happen, I'm really worried.

I know I will have enough love for both kids, but I won't have any more time than I do now. And the baby, if he's anything like my first, will be really tough for the first 6 months. I have better ideas about how to manage a baby this time around, but I am so worried that my toddler is going to feel like his mama is neglecting him. I guess I'm just anxious in general.
saraann likes this.
June 26th, 2014, 02:25 PM
saraann's Avatar Veteran
I get those exact same feeling!
June 26th, 2014, 03:19 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah, i feel that way too. my older one is 17 months and my due date is 9 weeks away (but i wont make it!). i dont think he'll be jealous of the new baby, but i am worried he'll feel like i'm not giving him enough attention.

June 26th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I 100% get how you feel. I am going through the same emotions.

My DD is very much a mama's girl. She is my shadow. I worry she will feel pushed aside when the baby comes. Im going to try so hard to keep her involved, let her help out and make sure she still gets mama time too.

I even worry about how she will do when I am in the hospital with baby. If I have a similar birth this time, it may mean I am away from her a few days, which she has never experienced.

I am so excited for this baby, but also have concern for how DD will interpret it all.

June 26th, 2014, 05:41 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember thinking that. My best advice is to put it all out of your mind. Seriously, you aren't doing yourself any favors. Just let things happen organically. No expectations. Just let it all happen I promise not only will it all work out it will be better than you can imagine. 2 kids are really a breeze to deal with!

June 26th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Veteran
flitabout, that is great advice. Thank you so much And ladies, thank you for letting me feel less alone about this!
_Jewlz_ likes this.
June 26th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Kayakgirl's Avatar Veteran
You're not alone.. I'm having the exact same feelings. I just have to keep reminding myself that my daughter is so excited to be getting a sister, and as a sister myself, I know the joys that will come with time... after the baby stage. It's going to be something to adjust to for sure, but the baby stage will go so fast, it will be gone before we know it.

June 26th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Veteran
Your kids will live up to ur expectations. We are adding baby number 10 and we have never had jealousy issues. Even our oldest who is only 14 months older than his sister ;-) we always tell tgem it's their baby and they get to help with him/her. They love it!
angelinal09 likes this.
June 26th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Jenn-F's Avatar Super Mommy
I felt the same way when I was expecting my second. My older son breezed right through being away from me overnight for the first time. He was excited to have the baby around. He didn't seem to be jealous or to think he was missing out on anything. I, however, continued to feel the change more.You just can't do all that you did with one when you have two. It bothered me for a while, but as the boys have gotten older, I've seen how much it actually benefited them to have each other and not be the only. They are not the center of the universe, and having a sibling is a gentler way of teaching them that.
Urchin and Kayakgirl like this.
Expecting #3 It's a GIRL!! Anna Joy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search