Scared

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By MrsLat
  • 3 Post By Baby3September

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Veteran
Hi Everyone,

I am 28 weeks pregnant with baby #3. I have been having frequent BH contractions since 16 weeks but they have not been effecting my cervix so my doctor hasn't been worried. My doc has been checking my cervix at each appointment to make sure. I went in 2 weeks ago at 26 weeks and my cervix was 3.5 cm. Today (2 weeks later), my cervix is 2.5 cm. My doctor did some king of a swab of my cervix to test if a certain chemical was being released which indicates preterm labor. He said if the test comes back negative, there is a 99% chance that I will not go into labor in the next 2 weeks. I will find out this result tomorrow. Fingers crossed! He said if this test is positive and/or when I go back in 2 more weeks, if my cervix is even shorter, then we would need to consider other options to prevent preterm labor. I'm freaking out. I carried my first 2 children to term with no complications. He said the difference in cervix length could just be human error since one doctor measured 2 weeks ago and a different doctor measured today. He also said that it is not an exact science since they are just measuring with an internal exam, not with a sonogram. He also said that after having a few vaginal births, your cervix will often be shorter and partially dialated anyway. I'm very scared. I will update tomorrow with the test results when I get them.
June 26th, 2014, 10:10 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there! Just a few things I have learned after dealing with preterm labor scares. When they do that swab, if it comes back negative, they can be pretty sure you won't go into labor... HOWEVER, if it comes back positive it does not necessarily mean you will. It is much much more accurate if it's negative. It just means they will watch you more carefully. So don't panic just yet. Also, my cervix is hanging out at 2.5cm and has been since 20 weeks.

Hang in there hun, and try to stay calm. Sending lots of hugs, keep us updated.
Caerus and Baby3September like this.

June 27th, 2014, 04:30 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Thinking of you! Sending lots of positive vibes that labour is not a possibility any time soon!

June 27th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Veteran
Thank you! It is good to hear that someone else hear has a shorter cervix and that things are progressing fine. I just got the results, negative!!!
Caerus, topato and MrsLat like this.
June 27th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Super Mommy
Great news with the negative results. Hopefully you have lots of baby baking still to do :-)
June 27th, 2014, 04:35 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds Awesome!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search