Wedding/Engagement Rings

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 1 Post By KeliRevels

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
TOTALLY stole this from another DDC! haha

Did you help pick out your rings or were they a surprise?

How are they fitting these days?

..and of course, I want to see pictures!

June 27th, 2014, 04:45 AM
Here are mine:

DH and I looked at a lot of rings together over a long time span. I told him what my top 3 favorites were, and he knows me well enough that he chose the one I liked the most

My rings are just getting re-plated right now, so I am interested in seeing how they fit when I pick them up this weekend. They were starting to get tight... I really hate not wearing them

June 27th, 2014, 05:51 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Expecting #2
This is my engagement ring, it was a surprise so i did not get to choose but im pretty happy with his taste!
We're picking the wedding rings together, which will be plain white gold both mine and his, the less we spend the better

Oh and about the fit its actaully bigger than it used to, i thing everything is shrinking instead of getting bigger! Lol, sorry about the size of the picture i posted this via mobile

Last edited by xzippedx; June 27th, 2014 at 05:54 AM.
June 27th, 2014, 05:54 AM
That's gorgeous!!

June 27th, 2014, 08:04 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
I still drool over rings in the store when I get mine cleaned... it's fun to see how the styles change over time, but I still think every ring is timeless.

I love mine so much. I picked it out exactly and was there when DH bought it. I think I'm too much of a control freak to let him choose something like that, that I'd be wearing for the rest of my life.

It's on the snug side but I hope to get a few more weeks in before I have to go shop for an interim band.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
June 27th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kto1111 View Post
I still drool over rings in the store when I get mine cleaned... it's fun to see how the styles change over time, but I still think every ring is timeless.

I love mine so much. I picked it out exactly and was there when DH bought it. I think I'm too much of a control freak to let him choose something like that, that I'd be wearing for the rest of my life.

It's on the snug side but I hope to get a few more weeks in before I have to go shop for an interim band.
GORGEOUS!

I also drool over rings in the store and online. I just love sparkily things! hehe

June 27th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first ring was a white gold diamond solitaire and the wedding band was a simple row of diamonds. I dont have a picture. After nearly gettign a divorce a couple years ago, we decided that a new ring would be symbolic of our new start. We had looked at rings but ultimately he picked this one and surprised me with it the week after our second son was born. (it was actually purchased the day he was born but he was a little occupied and couldnt get it right away lol)

Urchin, Caerus and kto1111 like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
June 27th, 2014, 08:57 AM
KeliRevels's Avatar Veteran
I told him I wanted a solitaire diamond - didn't care what cut. He picked it out, but didn't tell me. Brought me with him to the store a couple of weeks later and I ended up picking out the same one. No hints or anything, it was sweet.

Bad pic, but you get the gist.
Urchin likes this.
June 27th, 2014, 06:35 PM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Oh I just love all the sparklies!!! Love them. My DH had it easy. My ring was passed down from my grandmother. The wedding band is also an antique that my jeweler found for us. They are tight but fit. Since they are both old and platinum there is no way I cant resize them unless absolutely necessary. I may have to get a simple band to wear in the last month so I can make room for the swelling.

And….... fail. I'm at the beach and struggling with phone/access. Will have to post at home.
Ophelia due September 2014!

Last edited by lemieuxcrew; June 27th, 2014 at 06:42 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search