Baby's position

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Urchin
  • 3 Post By SouthernMamaBri
  • 2 Post By katie2510
  • 1 Post By carre46
  • 1 Post By Mslily1125

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
So, at my ultrasound today, I was a little surprised to learn that baby's head is over on the right side of my tummy (no wonder my kidney hurts!). I really thought this little bugger was head down, but then again, I felt a HUGE flip last night, so I think he/she is still switching it up in there a lot. So long as I don't have to start worrying about a breech baby later on, we're all good...lol

Do you guys know what position your baby is in?

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 9th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Super Mommy
Today I also had appt and found baby head down so far so that's good.
July 9th, 2014, 05:10 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got no clue. I think he's head down but I don't know for certain. Did your doctor say when to start getting concerned?

DD- 4 years, May 2010
July 9th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFlower View Post
I've got no clue. I think he's head down but I don't know for certain. Did your doctor say when to start getting concerned?
I havent seen my ob yet to go over the ultrasound... so i will be asking her what sh

Quote:
I havent seen my ob yet to go over the ultrasound... so i will be asking her what she thinks at my next appt.
FlyingFlower likes this.

July 9th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby has been hanging out in the same position--head lodged up under my right rib cage! It can get very uncomfortable at times. She goes diagonal across with her bottom towards my left hip. I thought that was how she was for a while and my u/s last week confirmed it.

I'm having a c/s so it doesn't matter though if she doesn't flip!
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

July 9th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Caerus's Avatar Due in Sept 2014
Quote:
I was wondering the same thing, when they start worrying that baby isn't getting into a good position.

During my u/s earlier, Baby Girl was head down with her feet in my ribs. I'm certain that didn't last though. She's a pretty flippy baby. Sometimes I feel kicks really low, then a few minutes later I will feel them in my side, then a few more minutes will go by and she'll be kicking my ribs.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie!

Pregnant #1 with 2 Angels in Heaven
July 9th, 2014, 09:49 PM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
I had an AMAZING ultrasound today and he's head down.
Urchin, Caerus and lemieuxcrew like this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
July 10th, 2014, 02:56 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Mommy of 2 :)
Ryker is head down (left) arms and legs facing the right side i can feel his bum under my left rib cage! Eek!!

July 10th, 2014, 03:38 AM
Veteran
Pretty sure my baby has been transverse most of the time. I think she flipped head down recently though. I hope so!
July 10th, 2014, 04:54 AM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
at 25 weeks my baby was still head up and her bum was on my cervix... which is what it was at my 20 week ultrasound. I asked my doctor if she could tell if the baby had switched but she said she usually doesn't start checking until 35 weeks or so because they can really flip so easily. And at 35 weeks they will just start checking and keeping an eye on it. But I'm nervous as heck! I really don't want a csection with my last baby... ugh. trying not to worry and I've started researching how to flip a baby on your own (minor things that won't hurt the baby such as lay with a pillow under your hips and sleeping positions and such) I'm clearly paranoid of a csection lol
Caerus and Thankfulhelpmeet like this.

July 10th, 2014, 05:33 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Last week my ultrasound showed baby is heads down. She was transverse the entire time before now. Which kinda makes sense with the increase in pubic bone pain. Head was right on the cervix. But it was closed up nice and tight.

}
July 10th, 2014, 05:45 AM
No I know baby is definitely not head up today. I can feel when the head is up, and it's not as of this AM.

This baby is crazy-active though. I imagine he/she will move and flip around a lot before getting settled in it's final position!

July 10th, 2014, 05:50 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no clue what he is doing in there! personally I think he is butt down. He really doesn't seem interested in going head down.

July 10th, 2014, 06:24 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah, I get U/S's every week and both WERE head down and then Baby B (Gabriel) flipped back up a few weeks ago and has stayed that way. :/ I have another U/S today and I'm hoping that Baby B has flipped head down and Baby A (Abraham) stays head down...they don't have much time left. If they are not both head down within the next couple of weeks, they'll run out of room and I'll have to have a c-section.
July 10th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Veteran
I think most doctors/midwives don't worry too much until around 35 weeks. There are a lot of great positions you can do each day though to encourage head down- check out spinning babies!
Caerus likes this.

TTC #2 for 4 months
DS 3.4 years old

BFP- 1/6/14!

July 11th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie2510 View Post
at 25 weeks my baby was still head up and her bum was on my cervix... which is what it was at my 20 week ultrasound. I asked my doctor if she could tell if the baby had switched but she said she usually doesn't start checking until 35 weeks or so because they can really flip so easily. And at 35 weeks they will just start checking and keeping an eye on it. But I'm nervous as heck! I really don't want a csection with my last baby... ugh. trying not to worry and I've started researching how to flip a baby on your own (minor things that won't hurt the baby such as lay with a pillow under your hips and sleeping positions and such) I'm clearly paranoid of a csection lol

This is me too! I had an ultrasound today and she said baby boy's head was up by my ribs and but near my cervix. I don't want a c/s for my last either! But I did ask the OB last week (out of curiosity) and he said they don't start checking until 36 weeks for them to be head down, and the u/s tech today said the same thing and that there is still plenty of room for him to flip around (I am 29 weeks). I might be the big ole preggo lady doing flips under water at the pool if this kid doesn't cooperate!!
July 11th, 2014, 10:47 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I met with my new dr today (yay!) and she said the baby is currently transverse. She said at this point most of the time they hang out like this and in a few weeks they start to go head down. It makes sense now why I can feel him everywhere and why I feel such sharp pains on my cervix.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
July 14th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my appt last week, little girl was head down and squished all the way over to the right side (which is pretty much where she likes to stay) - the NP was laughing bc my belly was totally lopsided. She seems to have grown since then, so she can't limit herself to just one side anymore, but I haven't felt any major flips, so I'm hoping she's stayed head down.
Caerus likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 14th, 2014, 08:39 AM
..Right now, I think baby is transverse from hipbone to hipbone (at least, that is how it feels!). He/she definitely is moving a lot in there.

July 14th, 2014, 09:02 AM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
I am pretty sure he is head down still. Guess we will see at the fetal assessment today. =/ Praying he stays head down. I really don't want a C/S.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search