Flying

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Buda's Avatar Veteran
So, I'm hoping to get an ok by my Doctor, I'll find out later today, but has anyone else flown this far along?

My best friend of 17 years was killed in a car accident out in Ohio this weekend. I'm still in absolute shock. He was just here visiting me, and we made plans for his return for the baby's birth. He was always the first one there for me. When my dad died he never left my side, when Rowan was born he was the first one at the hospital. I need to be there for the services, we might rent a van and drive, but what's worse, flying a few hours this far along or driving 14 hrs one way?

July 14th, 2014, 08:22 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry

To answer your question, I flew around 26 weeks pg. It was a 4 hour flight each way. I had my drs okay and it wasn't too uncomfortable (save for the trips to the bathroom). As long as everything's going well in your pg, I'd think dr would okay you to fly.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss ((((HUGS))))
July 14th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I am so sorry How heart breaking!

I am pretty sure it is still safe to fly at this point, but I would run this by your doctor first.

*big hugs*

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 14th, 2014, 08:56 AM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
I'm so sorry! I think airline standard is 34 weeks with doctors permission. No matter which one you do make sure you stretch your legs a lot. My deepest condolences.

July 14th, 2014, 09:03 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss.

July 14th, 2014, 09:07 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
I am so so sorry.

Flying should be fine. I just drove/rode 14 hours and it sucked.

July 14th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Caerus's Avatar Due in Sept 2014
Like the others said, a plane ride should still be okay, but get your doc's okay. It definitely sounds more pleasant than a 14 hour car ride. We drove roughly 10 hours (5 each way) in one day to our cat's oncologist a couple weeks ago, and it was miserable.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Car accidents are a super sudden and shocking way to lose someone. I'm sorry.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie!

Pregnant #1 with 2 Angels in Heaven
July 14th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about your friend.

Latest I've flown is 38wks pregnant. Different airlines have different requirements/rules on it, so you'll want to check into those before booking.

Just like you would in a car ride, be sure to stretch your legs and walk around occasionally and you should be good to go!
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

July 14th, 2014, 01:52 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness, I am so so sorry. That is heartbreaking and you must just be completely in shock.

I'm flying across the country at 36 weeks and the doctor is ok with it. They're recommending at that point to bring records just in case. The airline I'm flying on says it's ok to fly up til 38 weeks pregnant domestically.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
July 14th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Buda's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for all the condolences ladies. My Dr said it was ok if I do it soon, and take some records with me. I guess we are going to drive though. Flying out there last min like this is too expensive unfortunately. I'll make sure to stop for stretching and bathroom visits. Thanks again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search