how many hrs sleep?

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By angelinal09
  • 1 Post By topato

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Super Mommy
how many hrs of sleep do u get a night in general? is sleep interrupted? do u catch a nap?
July 30th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Veteran
I sleep 8 hours a night and get up once (though sometimes twice) a night to go to the bathroom. I will sometimes nap but not too frequently.
July 30th, 2014, 08:48 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I sleep 8-10 hours of sleep a night, getting up 2-3x a night to pee. Then I usually need a nap for an hour during the day.

July 30th, 2014, 09:08 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lately...anywhere from 3-5 hours and I'm up 3-5x peeing. On days off work I take a 2 hour nap-sometimes longer if I'm comfortable.

TEAM BLUE!!!

Due September 5, 2014
July 30th, 2014, 10:08 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I get about 7-8 hours, sometimes a bit more, but it's interrupted a lot. I get up 2-3 times most nights to pee, but I wake up even more than that and sometimes I lay there awake a while. I have to switch sides a few times a night as well.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
July 31st, 2014, 02:07 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Mommy of 2 :)
i sleep around 4-6 hrs a night, i wake up around 4x to pee around 3 more due to leg cramps, 2x more because baby kicks too much and about 1x because DS takes the whole bed!... i can't complain lol

July 31st, 2014, 02:37 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
I get about 6-7 but it's interrupted by my two (current) youngest, my two (soon-to-be) youngest, bathroom trips, and switching sides every 30 minutes or so (as I explain to dh and the kids, I have to squish them evenly). In fact, I'm up right now (5:36 am) and have been since about 4:30 as a result of dd3 waking up, then my taking care of her and laying back down, only to get kicked relentlessly by both babies. I finally surrendered and got up for good. I'll probably take several naps today; I've been so tired lately.
Mslily1125 likes this.
July 31st, 2014, 04:12 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I'm usually in bed from 9:30 - 5:30, so 8 hours. Most nights I only wake up once to pee. I still feel like a sack of potatoes in the morning though...lol

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 31st, 2014, 06:31 AM
Veteran
On a good night I'll get 7 hours and only get up once to pee. On a bad night I'll get 7, but I'll wake up 3+ times to pee and the carpal tunnel numbness will wake me up a few times. That's a really hard one to fall back asleep after. Drinking extra water helps reduce the swelling, but it also adds to the bathroom trips.
July 31st, 2014, 06:45 AM
Veteran
4-5 hours of sleep usually, but latley my son has been waking up in the middle of the night.So i stay up till he falls back asleep, 3-4 interupted by 1 pee break and lots of tossing and turning. Cant seem to get comfy at night.
Ive been trying to take my usual naps but i cant seem to get comfy with those either.
July 31st, 2014, 06:52 AM
Super Mommy
ya I am finding it tough to nap too. oh well babies will be here soon! I think I am too excited to sleep lol
July 31st, 2014, 08:21 AM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
I get around 6... but I'd like to try to 8. I get up about once a night and still feel so sleepy in the morning. usually no nap for me unless its the weekend and my 20 month old is sleeping and I can get my 4 year old to watch a movie oops bad mom. lol

July 31st, 2014, 09:19 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm not sure, exactly.

part of the problem is darwin being super active and the painful contractions i just can't make go away.

but the other part--- harvey's been getting a lot of teeth lately. he went from 6 teeth to 12 in the past few weeks!! so he's been waking up at night more than usual.

...and, he's also 18 months, so he's right at the super-clingy phase. he wakes up yelling and screaming for MAAAMAAA!!! and my poor husband can do nothing to console him. so he ends up in our bed for several stretches of the night. and god forbid he's in our bed and i need to switch the side i'm laying on (SCREAMM!!) or, oh, if i need to get up to pee! (SCCCCCCREAM!!!!!)

because, you know, if i'm not constantly hugging him, i might as well have abandoned him. it's been a struggle, and i end up awake most of the night, just waiting for him to be out enough that i can move him back into his crib.

i'd love to take naps, but harvey rarely does, now, so that means i don't get to either! and it always works out that IF he falls asleep during the day, it's during a bad bout of contractions. pfft. that's my luck!!
July 31st, 2014, 09:22 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topato View Post
i'm not sure, exactly.

part of the problem is darwin being super active and the painful contractions i just can't make go away.

but the other part--- harvey's been getting a lot of teeth lately. he went from 6 teeth to 12 in the past few weeks!! so he's been waking up at night more than usual.

...and, he's also 18 months, so he's right at the super-clingy phase. he wakes up yelling and screaming for MAAAMAAA!!! and my poor husband can do nothing to console him. so he ends up in our bed for several stretches of the night. and god forbid he's in our bed and i need to switch the side i'm laying on (SCREAMM!!) or, oh, if i need to get up to pee! (SCCCCCCREAM!!!!!)

because, you know, if i'm not constantly hugging him, i might as well have abandoned him. it's been a struggle, and i end up awake most of the night, just waiting for him to be out enough that i can move him back into his crib.

i'd love to take naps, but harvey rarely does, now, so that means i don't get to either! and it always works out that IF he falls asleep during the day, it's during a bad bout of contractions. pfft. that's my luck!!
Ugh, you poor thing. 18months was such a tough stage for my DD too. She became so demanding, didn't like sleeping, everything woke her up, and she was so clingy. I can't imagine being pregnant on top of it *hugs*

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 31st, 2014, 11:01 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it's hard to be mad at him when he calms down the **instant** he can cuddle up to me. he's also learned to give kisses, so i'm chronically sleepy, but also chronically showered with harvey-affection.

i just worry that he'll be a complete mess when darwin arrives, kwim?
Mslily1125 likes this.
July 31st, 2014, 11:24 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in bed by 10pm and waking up around 8am most days, so I get about 10 hrs "technically". But I wake up to pee at least 6 times a night, and I toss and turn A LOT. I'm in a lot of pain these days, and I've been sick all this week.

I will quite happily sit here and feel sorry for myself with my stupid BS 10hr sleep cycles.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 31st, 2014, 01:57 PM
Super Mommy
8-9 of interrupted sleep. Up 3-6 times to pee and have a hard time falling back to sleep. I am not generally a napper but the last two days at like 5pm I have taken one. I remember that in the 9th month with the others, age must be catching up with me b/c I am only 32wks!
July 31st, 2014, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not enough.

Seriously doesn't matter if I get 3hrs or 8hrs I don't feel rested the next day. I'm up 2-3x to go to the bathroom. My 3yo comes in at some point during the night and gets in our bed.
2 angel babies 2/2013 and 8/2013

August 1st, 2014, 04:47 AM
Kayakgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been sleeping about 8 hours a night, but probably only 7 hours of "quality" sleep. I usually get up once or twice to pee, and then I toss and turn quite a bit. Sometimes I wake up due to heartburn and find it hard to get comfortable again.
I don't get to nap much because my toddler doesn't nap much anymore, but I at least get to veg in a chair while she plays.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search