Some people just don't think...-_-

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Caerus
  • 1 Post By amberbanegas
  • 2 Post By bandriessen
  • 3 Post By Buda
  • 5 Post By lemieuxcrew
  • 1 Post By Mslily1125

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2014, 09:28 PM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
I am not one to expect special treatment because I'm pregnant, but I will say that being pregnant has made me ultra sensitive to how careless people can be about the things that they say. I know it's been brought up before but I'm really just irked by it now.

Somebody close to me made a comment tonight, rudely, while watching me cleaning/moving furniture (nothing too heavy, I am well aware of my limitations). The comment insinuated that doing what I was doing was going to 'make the baby move in a way that could wrap the cord around her neck.'

I feel terrible getting so angry about it, but here I am... 12 hours later... after having had semi-painful contractions all day (that I WAS excited about until now) and I can't feel the baby moving. I'm slamming ice water and probably making her dizzy with all the poking and prodding but I just... ugh! Stress/worry that NOBODY needs, let alone this late in pregnancy. I know it wasn't MEANT to be harmful and the person was just looking out for me but at this point it really did more harm than good =\
August 8th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Caerus's Avatar Due in Sept 2014
Was it because you were raising your arms above your head? That is one of the most ridiculous, OBNOXIOUS old wives tales ever. No basis in truth, but that doesn't stop people from repeating it. I'm sorry you had to hear that. Even if you know it is garbage, saying crap like that still makes you nervous.
KHawk likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie!

Pregnant #1 with 2 Angels in Heaven
August 8th, 2014, 10:26 PM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Wow!!! It is amazing how un thoughtful people can be.... People are always telling me I'm doing too much... But if I don't do it... Who will? If you are concerned, go to the hospital. I think the baby should move at least 10xs an hr. I will have to look at my handout... Just stay calm
KHawk likes this.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

August 8th, 2014, 10:34 PM
I'm not so much upset as annoyed.. it was said in well meaning, just dramatic and caused unnecessary worry. I don't remember exactly what I was doing.. I think moving a pressed-wood coffee table. And I drank the water and she is rolling a little bit but still much less than before. I'm going to keep an eye on it. I'm wondering if it is just because she is getting ready to come. I've been having contractions all day and have been losing plug for two days.
August 8th, 2014, 11:15 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She could be ready to come! Don't freak! I don't feel Parker moving a lot ask the time either-there simply isn't room for those shenanigans anymore! *hug*
Caerus and KeliRevels like this.

TEAM BLUE!!!

Due September 5, 2014
August 8th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Buda's Avatar Veteran
That's just rude. If it makes you feel any better (I researched this probability because I too was over thinking it) cords often do get wrapped around the neck but don't usually harm the baby. She is getting her oxygen through the umbilical cord, not her lungs and air ways. While tragedies do happen, it's more when it's wrapped so tightly around (sometimes several times) and it cuts off the blood flow. It's pretty rare that it results in infant mortality. Try not to worry too much! She will be here soon and healthy!!
Caerus, KHawk and Mslily1125 like this.

August 9th, 2014, 04:24 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Does punching people in the face also run a risk of a having a cord wrap? You could test it and find out.

(PS - did baby start moving? AND YOU ARE FULL TERM!!!! Any any moment - and honestly, it sounds soon!!!! EEK!)
Kayakgirl, Caerus, KHawk and 2 others like this.

August 9th, 2014, 04:55 AM
Kayakgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I had someone say something well-meaning but really insensitive to me during my first pregnancy. I was suffering from horrible morning sickness and finally got my Zofran prescription (which I was just over the moon about because I was finally starting to feel human again). A friend who had gone through 2 pregnancies 10+ years ago started talking about the 'unknown' safety of prescription drugs and how she wouldn't want to potentially harm her babies just to make herself feel better for a few months. It made me feel like total crap.
So yeah, I totally understand how you feel.

August 9th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had several unthoughtful comments made throughout my pregnancy as well. It always irks me - I won't even go into mine bc it annoys me to even think about them. LOL

Do you have a Doppler? I've had a couple of moments of freaking out bc I didn't feel baby girl moving around, so I would just pull out the Doppler and put my mind at ease.
Caerus likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 9th, 2014, 07:50 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Expecting #2
That IS rude but i don't think you should take it so seriously.. just let them say what that is they want to say, i had that same comment made to me earlier this month because i was cleaning the floor on my knees (same thing about the cord could get around the baby's neck) i just ignored her

August 9th, 2014, 08:00 AM
I don't have a doppler I do have an appointment on Tuesday. And she did move some. I'm still uneasy because it's so much less than normal though. I called last night and the nurse said that at this stage, 10 movements every 2 hours is what they look for. I could have gone in for an NST but I just got the $1,000 bill from the last one and figured maybe not.

I'm gonna keep a close eye on her today and if I'm still worried, I'll go in. I didn't take it seriously at all until I didn't feel her moving, and then it just rang in my head.

And Kayak, my mom is really good for that. I've learned to let those slide off my back cause they're just ignorant. She is hilarious with hers though... she will light a cigarette (and the smell makes me horrendously sick still) so I will walk away politely and she will go into a frenzy about how I'm 'pregnant, not dying, get over it!' But then I said I was GBS positive and she got on me about having sex and using the wrong laundry detergent and not washing properly in the shower. LOL. She also has made the comment about Zofran very early on and several other things that she really doesn't know about, just likes to plant seeds. Smh. Love her, but c'mon now.

Recently, I had a woman I had just met rip a Cherry Coke out of my hands because it was 'bad for the baby.' I literally almost dumped it down her.
August 9th, 2014, 09:13 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeliRevels View Post
Recently, I had a woman I had just met rip a Cherry Coke out of my hands because it was 'bad for the baby.' I literally almost dumped it down her.

Omg! Tell her it's way worse for the baby's mother to be stressed out and angered, you know the way women get when people think they've lost all capacity for decision-making while pregnant. Grrrrr!

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 9th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, That stuff pisses me off! Most people dont even know what the he ll they are talking about! I think people are a little afraid to say some of that stuff to me, I tend to speak my mind, especially if provoked, pregnant or not! This far into it I would probably not respond too kindly. And Zofran? That has been absolutely neccessary for me through each pregnancy. The slight risk (which exists in EVERY choice we make every day) was outweighed by me losing 20 pounds in 2 months and not wanting to be stuck in the hospital to stay hydrated, where they would have given me zofran anyway! I had so much crap the first time, people telling me to eat crackers, drink ginger tea, lay a certain way... Really people, dont you think I have tried everything I could come up with?? Each pregnancy is different and good for you for not needing it... must have been nice. ugh.

But hey! You are so close! And its a minimum of 6 movements an hour that they want you to feel. Less than that, call the dr.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search