Finally feeling settled with my to-do's done and name finalized!

Forum: Due Date Club of September 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes
  • 8 Post By Baby3September
  • 1 Post By Jenn-F
  • 3 Post By Buda
  • 1 Post By m.a.m.a.to.3
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By Caerus
  • 1 Post By bec9494
  • 1 Post By angelinal09
  • 1 Post By flitabout
  • 1 Post By amberbanegas
  • 1 Post By The Working Mom
  • 2 Post By ElizabethS
  • 1 Post By FlyingFlower
  • 1 Post By Baby3September

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of September 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Veteran
What does everyone have left to do before their babies arrive? We just finished remodeling an extra bedroom in our house and everyone moved rooms. The nursery and other kids rooms are done, the baby clothes and gear are clean and put away, the hospital bag is packed, and the baby name letters are painted and hanging above the crib. The car seat is installed and we are also signed up to take an infant and child CPR class next week. I am 35 weeks currently. We finally settled on a name... Charlotte Elizabeth.

My husband is here now pumping up a new birthing ball. I am planning to deliver without medication. I did with #2 and hope to do it again. To help manage pain, I packed a heating pad, tennis balls, music, the birthing ball, and my hospital has a birthing tub that I hope is available when I go into labor. It feels good to have my ducks in a line!
August 15th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the name! Beautiful!!

You have gotten a lot done! We still have to finish baby's room, wash baby clothes, pack hospital bag, and put together the carseat and stroller.
Baby3September likes this.
August 15th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Buda's Avatar Veteran
Glad things are coming together for you! Love the name Charlotte.

I still need to do...Everything. I have no name picked. I had a crib with no mattress, that's it! My baby shower is Sunday, so we'll see what's left after that. I have a feeling it's going to be hard to get everything ready with all that is going on in my life right now, but things have a way of working themselves out. I always try to remember that some women in other countries have babies in fields and literally have nothing!
Caerus, kto1111 and Baby3September like this.

August 15th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah for getting ready! Love the name

I feel pretty ready. I only have a few "wants" left but our needs are covered.
August 15th, 2014, 10:24 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful name

We are pretty much ready. I have a few last minute things to do, like install the carseat base and wash a few things but other than that we are ready!

August 16th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Caerus's Avatar Due in Sept 2014
I love the name Charlotte Elizabeth! It has a timeless, elegant quality to it. Simply beautiful.

I'm holding off on getting much else ready until after the baby shower next weekend. My big job right now is sewing some cute cloth wipes.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie!

Pregnant #1 with 2 Angels in Heaven
August 16th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Super Mommy
Beautiful name Must feel good to have so much checked off the list. I hope to have a lot done after this weekend, but so far I have a crib that needs to be put together and I washed a few blankets I found we had in storage. I have a lot to do!
August 16th, 2014, 06:29 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
Absolutely beautiful name!
August 16th, 2014, 06:51 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love her name!

August 16th, 2014, 07:00 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
I like your name! I have to pack bags for my two eldest and myself... I'm still trying to figure out how to carry the twins... I got car seats but I haven't settled on a stroller yet!

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

August 16th, 2014, 10:08 AM
The Working Mom's Avatar Veteran
Love the name too!

I am pretty much ready. Want to get a rug for the baby's room and a tandem stroller - but all the necessary things are pretty much done! I also still have a few decals I want to put up in the baby's room.

August 16th, 2014, 10:12 AM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love the name! We have one more load of aby laundry to wash and fold. We need to unpack the stroller and arseat and install the carseat. I also have last minute items needed to pack in the hospital bag. Other than that DH is just trying to keep up on housework which has been near impossible with me on bedrest and four other tornados err I mean kids in the house!
Caerus and Baby3September like this.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

August 16th, 2014, 05:29 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went from having done absolutely nothing a week ago to having almost everything done right now. Well, actually most things aren't done but I have bought everything we need. Now it's just a matter of washing and putting things together. I also packed my hospital bag and started doing weird nesting stuff. Like I removed a door the other day. It always swung the wrong way and I hated it so I just took it down.

The only thing left that needs to be done is buy a carseat. It's also arguably the most important since we can't even leave the hospital without one. We looked today but didn't like what was in stores so we're looking online tonight.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 17th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethS View Post
Love the name! We have one more load of aby laundry to wash and fold. We need to unpack the stroller and arseat and install the carseat. I also have last minute items needed to pack in the hospital bag. Other than that DH is just trying to keep up on housework which has been near impossible with me on bedrest and four other tornados err I mean kids in the house!

I can't even imagine how you have managed to be on bedrest so long without going crazy. It must be so hard to not be able to get up and set up things for yourself, keep up on chores that you see need to be done, etc. I give you a lot of credit!
Caerus likes this.
August 17th, 2014, 06:57 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Love the name you've chosen for her!

I got the car seat ready and installed a few days ago. That's pretty much all I have done so far. I need to wash baby clothes, need to get a mattress for the pack and play since that's where he'll be sleeping for a while. He won't have a room of his own, so I don't really need to do a lot. I also still need to pack a hospital bag, but that won't be that big of a deal because I won't need to take all that much.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
August 18th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
LOVE the name! So sweet

Good luck with your med-free birth. I am aiming for the same goal! You can do it mama!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

August 18th, 2014, 08:35 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
Charlotte is a beautiful name. It was a top contender on my list! Good choice.

I have 2 more weeks of work and then *hopefully* another 4 weeks before baby comes. Every day I feel like I'm adding to my to-do list. It's something like 40 tasks long at this point. Lots to do still! Not like with DD when I was done with everything at 20 weeks. lol.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
August 18th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is a gorgeous name - I agree with Rebecca, it is timeless. Makes me think of a Jane Austen character

We had our baby shower this past weekend, so now we just need to pick up a couple of remaining items (bottle nipples, second car seat, bumbo, and laundry hamper) and then we're set!

Our birthing class is sept 6, but that's about all we have left to do now. Come on little girl - we're ready!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search