Twins? Anyone think this might be a possibility?

Forum: **NEW** September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Veteran
I always worry - my mom's dad has a set of twin brothers and my mom's mom also has a set of twin brothers.. nobody else has had them since!

EDD: September 19th, 2014!

Mommy to a princess named Averie (7/6/2008) who is very excited to FINALLY be a big sister!
January 20th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Veteran
I am sure i've only got a single, but I would love to be having twins I was actually hoping even though I have no family history!
amberbanegas likes this.
January 20th, 2014, 06:16 AM
Hello all, I am brand new to justMommies. I'm 28 years old. My due date is September 14, 2014 and this will hopefully be my first full term pregnancy I know probably next to nothing about pregnancy but I feel like I am having twins. Twins run on my husband's side of the family. My positive at home preg test was really dark, I'm ravenously hungry, I crave both sweets and salty (maybe a boy and a girl?), and my pregnancy symptoms have been strong. My mother and both my older sisters never had morning sickness and I have not thrown up however I do go through extreme nausea sometimes in the morning, and other than all that just a feeling. I am definitely a bit scared of twins especially because I've never had a child before so to have two from the beginning sounds overwhelming! I think it would be really cool though to have a boy and a girl!

So what do you all think? Am I having twins?
January 20th, 2014, 06:32 AM
smika's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueberryHugs View Post
Hello all, I am brand new to justMommies. I'm 28 years old. My due date is September 14, 2014 and this will hopefully be my first full term pregnancy I know probably next to nothing about pregnancy but I feel like I am having twins. Twins run on my husband's side of the family. My positive at home preg test was really dark, I'm ravenously hungry, I crave both sweets and salty (maybe a boy and a girl?), and my pregnancy symptoms have been strong. My mother and both my older sisters never had morning sickness and I have not thrown up however I do go through extreme nausea sometimes in the morning, and other than all that just a feeling. I am definitely a bit scared of twins especially because I've never had a child before so to have two from the beginning sounds overwhelming! I think it would be really cool though to have a boy and a girl!

The only way to really tell is an ultrasound. All pregnancies have varying degrees of symptoms, singles or multiples.
amberbanegas likes this.

EDD: September 5, 2014
January 20th, 2014, 06:58 AM
FirstTimeMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueberryHugs View Post

I am in the same boat, i have such a strong feeling of having twins, had a dark positive test. But i have very little nausea, rather i feel very hungry. But i would keep it a surprise till ultrasound.
January 20th, 2014, 10:51 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I would pass out and not recover. I do not want twins. Both sides of our family have them. Luckily there was just one sac at the ultrasound.

And my cousin's wife just had triplets. I cannot even imagine.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
January 20th, 2014, 12:16 PM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
OMG- I couldn't imagine triplets either! My cousin has teenage triplets (2 boys, 1 girl)… My sister has twins (both boys) and my other cousin has twins (both girls) I would like to get one boy and one girl!

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
January 20th, 2014, 12:17 PM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
I'm a twin myself and DH & I are hoping and praying for twins of our own! I firmly believe any Mama would expand just fine to the challenge! DH has 1 set of twins on his side.. So maybe!! DD & this one will be 8 yrs apart & I'd really love baby to have a close sibling. I don't know about all the hormone checking & such though, I just figured we'd have to wait for the ultrasound to find out.

Triplets would be pretty overwhelming though!
January 20th, 2014, 01:51 PM
smika's Avatar Super Mommy
I got a BFP on a digi a few days before my missed period, people joked that meant twins, but only one baby on my u/s
amberbanegas likes this.

EDD: September 5, 2014
January 20th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Veteran
I am praying for a healthy twin pregnancy. I had two follicles of appropriate size. I can't wait to find out!
January 20th, 2014, 08:44 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A little fun info on twins:

Identical twins can happen to any woman, it is something random that causes one egg to split!

Fraternal twins are when a woman releases two eggs during ovulation. This is only dependent on the woman's side of the family. If there are twins on her father's side, he could have passed the gene on to her but your DH/SO has nothing to do with it.

I was pretty sure i had twins but ultrasound showed one- they can hide behind one another though for several weeks. I'm relieved though.
CoreenaC, TrishB, aarafko and 1 others like this.

TEAM BLUE!!!

Due September 5, 2014
January 21st, 2014, 11:29 AM
Veteran
Twins run in my family, and my bf first child was a twin but they lost the twin toward the middle of the pregnancy. I am praying it's just one!!

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart.)
January 22nd, 2014, 01:43 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom is a twin so this is always a fear I have until they CONFIRM that there is just one baby in there!!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 22nd, 2014, 05:31 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
No twins in my family. Most months over the past 2 1/2 years I've been on either Clomid or Femara, but this time is was just Vitex, which I don't think heightens risk of multiples. Thank goodness, I'm built tiny, and the thought of multiples is scary!

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
January 22nd, 2014, 07:18 PM
Veteran
I wouldn't mind twins. DH is a twin and I have twin cousins. I'm sure it would be crazy, but we could handle it.
January 22nd, 2014, 07:22 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still waiting to hear what the verdict is for me--one or two. Not gonna lie, I have a huge suspicion that I have twins again. It just feels so much like my first twin pregnancy. But I am not taking bets on it. I have also had hunches on baby gender and I have been wrong every single time in all my previous pregnancies. So apparently my hunches aren't worth beans but I still can't shake the feeling there is a possibility.

January 23rd, 2014, 12:40 AM
MrsLat- With your Betas doubling as fast as they are… You might be! I got my blood drawn and now I am waiting on my second results. The doctor last night said that they will be able to tell with my second beta if it is twins. Even if it isn't I am just glad to have a baby growing!
MrsLat likes this.

January 23rd, 2014, 12:44 AM
Exciting! When do you find out the results?

January 23rd, 2014, 12:50 AM
I have about 20-30 more minutes. Time is going sooooo slow! Everytime I look at the clock it seems like it isn't MOVING! I am ready to get out of the hospital too. I have everything packed and I am dressed. LOL

January 23rd, 2014, 01:16 AM
Ooo. I am excited. Hurry up and post the results lady! I am nervous for you!

Last edited by MrsLat; January 23rd, 2014 at 01:45 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search