Will you find out your baby's gender?

Forum: **NEW** September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree32Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2014, 05:39 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are NOT going to find out this time around. Hubby is hoping fervently for a biological daughter, but he has only produced boys. I think he will be less disappointed if this is a boy if he finds out WHEN its born. I have found out with all 4 of my babies and I think I would like to try this pregnancy a bit differently.
amberbanegas likes this.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

January 18th, 2014, 08:11 PM
smika's Avatar Super Mommy
I could never be Team Green. I have no patience whatsoever! Plus, it's one of 2 things. Lol we will find out ASAP!

EDD: September 5, 2014
January 19th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We will not find out this time. We found out with our first but not our second. I loved waiting (and I am a super planner too!). I got boy and girl clothes in the newborn sizes and just didn't remove the tags until after he was born (and eventually took back all the girl stuff!). We did do a gender neutral nursery and I thought it turned out really cute. Since it was our 2nd we already had most of the big baby stuff we needed and had already gotten neutral colors as we knew we'd need it for more than one baby.

This time around I will pick up a set of girl newborn clothes (don't need any more boy ones!) and will probably have 2 sets of bedding picked out and will order from the hospital! It's not like the nursery gets that much use at first anyway! Like last time I will make myself 2 wishlists on amazon: one for if it's a boy and one for if it's a girl. Then I just add it all to the cart and buy it all at once once baby is born
amberbanegas likes this.

Expecting Baby #3, due September 9, 2014!

January 19th, 2014, 01:13 PM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
That is awesome! I really want to try to hold out!!! TEAM GREEN for us I think that it will be the hardest thing I have ever done.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
January 19th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
I didn't find out with my first child (23 years ago), because I wanted a surprise in the delivery room. I only had one U/S and the tech wrote it down and put it in an envelope for my Mom & ex-MIL to know. That way they could buy a few things to get us started. I found out for the second (20 years ago).
This time we will definitely find out for two reasons. One, we aren't patient enough to wait until delivery! And second, because I will be high-risk b/c of my age, there will likely be too many ultrasounds performed to keep avoiding a peek at the goods!
..Michelle.. and amberbanegas like this.
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

January 19th, 2014, 02:01 PM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom wants to find out and make a cake with the reveal. NOPE! I want to know and not be in the dark until I see some stupid cake. I hate cake and don't like her idea. So I will be finding out right then and there, she can keep her cake LoL!
TattooedMama and amberbanegas like this.

January 19th, 2014, 04:09 PM
myfav5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are for sure Team GREEN!!
amberbanegas likes this.

January 19th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Veteran
Usually, I love surprises. But I feel like I need to know. I think it is because this is my first child, and it still doesn't really seem real. I think it will make it feel real.
January 19th, 2014, 07:32 PM
f0rever, I'm with you -- I think finding out will make it sink in more for us; this is #1 for us too. I think there's something romantic about being surprised in the delivery room, so maybe next time we'll wait!
January 19th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Super Mommy
I found out with my oldest, with my youngest I held out until 30 weeks and I was put in the hospital for a week and dd decided I shouldn't wait anymore and showed us she definitely wasn't a boy...lol
This time I'd like to wait, but if it's a boy I have to go shopping because everything here is super girly lol.
So we might find out.....maybe
amberbanegas likes this.

January 19th, 2014, 08:37 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
#1 for me too and I'm desperate to know!

TEAM BLUE!!!

Due September 5, 2014
January 20th, 2014, 04:28 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahlioness View Post
We will be finding out xD. Mainly because quite frankly, it's going to be a boy. Jase is one of six and his dad is one of eight boys and so far there has only been ONE girl in the family, and that is Jase's sister. I don't see this bubba being a girl xD. In saying that though, I would have no clue what to do with a girl. But I'm still secretly hoping for a girl xD.
You may get your girl!

When we got pregnant the first time, we were all sure it would be a boy, as there hadn't been a girl born to DH's family in 78 years.

When the ultrasound tech said girl, we were all shocked (me, happily, lol!) Needless to say, she's a very special little girl!
amberbanegas likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

January 20th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Veteran
We did not find out with my son, and most likely won't with this one either. Although in talking to my DH about it he said he kinda wants to know this time. But if I don't I'll win, lol! I'm planning another natural home birth and not knowing kind of gives me an extra "umpfh" in labor to finish things up
amberbanegas likes this.

TTC #2 for 4 months
DS 3.4 years old

BFP- 1/6/14!

January 20th, 2014, 07:24 AM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
I say that I want to be Team Green, but I know me and I won't be able to wait. Plus DH's family will want to buy stuff in the right gender and if he knows, the secret will be out.

Once we start finding out (some of us next month!! OMG), I will color code our EDD chart. I'm going to Team Green some people right now. =)
amberbanegas likes this.

January 20th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Veteran
I'm sure we'll find out. I've debated making the first one we wait on, but I am sure that I couldn't resist! I've always "known" before the u/s but start second guessing myself the 2 weeks before the actual u/s. I'm anxious to see if I'm right 5 times in a row!
amberbanegas likes this.
January 20th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Super Mommy
I think that this time we will find out although next time the plan is to stay tea green!
amberbanegas likes this.

January 20th, 2014, 11:44 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't think I could ever hold out, so I'm sure we'll find out. Plus, I feel like knowing the gender really helped me to connect early on with DD before I actually got to meet her. It was fun shopping, and imagining life with a little girl as opposed to just "baby". But I do envy those who can make it to term... it does seem like a very special moment when you get to find out at delivery!
amberbanegas likes this.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
January 20th, 2014, 12:06 PM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
I would LOOOOVE to be team green but this is DH's 1st baby and he MUST know
so we'll find out. I really want to do a gender reveal cupcake party for DD though, since we will find out. I bet knowing will help her bond more with baby..
amberbanegas likes this.

Last edited by _Jewlz_; January 20th, 2014 at 12:08 PM.
January 20th, 2014, 12:18 PM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
We won't be finding out this time. With my first I didn't find out and with my second I did and it was just so much more fun delivering not knowing My family hates that I don't find out haha.
amberbanegas likes this.

Tags
gender , pregnancy , reveal

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search