So, what's everyone bringing to the hospital?

Forum: **NEW** September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree38Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2014, 05:36 PM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by topato View Post
basically, i ate a light dinner on a sunday-- one blueberry bagel, because i was sick as a dog. i went into labor later that night, and gave birth at nearly 8pm on a tuesday, without eating or drinking anything in the interim. all they'd allow me at the hospital was ice chips.

harvey's nurse took him to nicu right after he was born. meanwhile, i was stuck in bed with an iv pumping me full of antibiotics (**i** was the sick one, not harvey!), and no one was sure if i would be allowed to see him at all. so, we had nothing better to do-- MY nurse immediately handed me a menu.

i ordered chicken parm, and i basically inhaled it. i probably would have stabbed someone with my fork had they tried to touch my tray. it was probably awful, but at the time, i was convinced it was the best food i'd ever eaten.

I always have dh sneak light foods in like yogurt, etc.
June 4th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFlower View Post
I love how this list says to bring food for visitors. I just had a baby, they should bring me food. Seriously the last thing on my mind is going to be being a good hostess.
I think it's their way of reminding us that there will only be food provided for free to my husband and I It's publicly-funded healthcare so that makes sense. I'll probably just ask my parents to bring something since my mother likes to bring her own food anyway since she's gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant and allergic to almonds and flax! Also, other than my parents and possibly my mother-in-law, I think most visitors won't be hanging around long enough to be eating anyway. I'm not sure how many people will drop by anyway since we are only at the birth centre during the labour and 24 hours after the birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinal09 View Post
I always have dh sneak light foods in like yogurt, etc.
No sneaking necessary for me since the birth centre doesn't ban eating or drinking.
angelinal09 and FlyingFlower like this.

Last edited by BridgetHB; June 4th, 2014 at 05:46 PM.
June 4th, 2014, 07:11 PM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
O my... I'm not prepared!!!
angelinal09 likes this.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
June 5th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I think I have room to add another sticky, so I will sticky this post for the time being.

angelinal09 likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

June 6th, 2014, 06:18 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Tara said this, but make-up! Nothing like having a baby to make you look and feel like crap at a time when it feel like the paparazzi just entered your room.

For FTMs - there are sleepers for babies that have little hand covers that fold over. This is bc the baby is born with sharp little finger nails and they scratch their own faces as they learn to control their hands. Baby socks over the hands also works. So even if you are in a warm climate, bring baby socks!!!!

OH and also, FTMs ask about nail polish. Most hospitals request no finger nail polish on Mom to check you color. Toe nail polish is usually ok. And with all that is going on "down there" during that time, a little nail color can go a long way to make you feel human! lol.
angelinal09, Caerus and Mslily1125 like this.

June 6th, 2014, 06:58 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxcrew View Post

For FTMs - there are sleepers for babies that have little hand covers that fold over. This is bc the baby is born with sharp little finger nails and they scratch their own faces as they learn to control their hands. Baby socks over the hands also works. So even if you are in a warm climate, bring baby socks!!!!

Agree!! Also, I've found that the cute little mittens made specifically for this purpose do not stay on anywhere near as long as the socks do. Save your money
June 6th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinal09 View Post
Agree!! Also, I've found that the cute little mittens made specifically for this purpose do not stay on anywhere near as long as the socks do. Save your money
When we had DD, the hospital provided some really sweet mitties for us. There are a lot of ladies around here who knit and donate hats & mits to the hospital.

The knitted mits were great! They stay on SO well compared to the cotton ones you can buy. I saved DD's and hopefully will get another pair this time too
angelinal09 likes this.

June 6th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxcrew View Post
OH and also, FTMs ask about nail polish. Most hospitals request no finger nail polish on Mom to check you color. Toe nail polish is usually ok. And with all that is going on "down there" during that time, a little nail color can go a long way to make you feel human! lol.
On my list from the birthing centre, it says "Please no nail polish in the tub for reasons of hygiene." So if a tub is something you plan on using and/or is available to you, you may want to ask about nail polish.
June 22nd, 2014, 08:32 PM
Veteran
Im going to bring everything i can, i hade to stay in the hospital last time for almost a week, i want to make sure i have everthing. I like the saying - its better to have it and not need it , then to need it and not have it.

My bag

Robe, slippers, (disposable) underwear, socks, nursing bra, comfy clothes, nightgown, cream (for breasts), toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, hairties, hairbrush, shampoo, conditioner, chap stick, flip flops, pillows, spirals (it really helped for keeping track of feedings and stuff), nursing pads, deoderant, charger, camera, and towels (the hospital had small itchy towels last time)

If anyone can think of anything else i should add let me know please
July 22nd, 2014, 04:31 PM
Well, I got my bag all packed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search