1 hour test

Forum: **NEW** September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Veteran
How many have taken it yet or are taking it soon? I've heard different things from different people such as you should eat eggs before, to eating normally, to not eating at all. I wonder why it is so different for each place. At the place I go to, they do it two times, once at the beginning and once at the end. At least the drink is cold (it's orange where I am). Is it warm for anyone or a different flavor? Did your Dr. tell you to not eat before or eat certain things? Do you hear the results right away?
June 6th, 2014, 03:11 AM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine was cold, also orange. For the 1 hr test, there were no special instructions here. Just that I couldn't eat or drink after the drink and before the blood was drawn. The 3 hr test would have been different, though. I got my results the next day but I believe I could have looked it up online if I wanted.
June 6th, 2014, 03:43 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine have always been a cold, orange drink; eat like you usually do before the test; don't eat during the test; then one blood draw after the hour's over. I have always waited until my next appt. to get the results but you may be able to ask them to call you when they are in to get them sooner.
June 6th, 2014, 04:30 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Same here! cold, orange - dont eat. (and you have to drink it within 10 minutes and test within and an hour.)

June 6th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is in 2 weeks. I wasn't told if it would be warm or cold, or what color it is. Just that's it's a very sugary drink. I was told not to eat beforehand.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 6th, 2014, 06:43 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i had a orange one for my one hour last time, which i failed! their method of performing the test was absurd-- they gave me the glucola the month before the test and had me drink it at home before my appointment. i KNOW they took blood before the hour was up, and ignored me when i tried to tell them. my number was sooo slightly off, i was pissed i had to take the 3 hour!!

...but at the 3 hour, they gave me a fruit punch flavor, so there *are* other flavors than the flat orange soda type stuff. (i passed that one!)

my test is on tuesday. it's a different doctor's office than with my first pregnancy, so i have to look up how *they* want me to handle eating beforehand. but, my guess is that they want me to fast because they scheduled it kinda early in the morning. ...they are going to have me drink the glucola in-office, thank god.

i bet i'll fail! it would be just my luck to have to take the 3 hr test for no reason again, haha
June 6th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You really should eat however you normally would eat so the test is the most accurate.

June 6th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatrixMorgan View Post
You really should eat however you normally would eat so the test is the most accurate.
totally agree, unless they specifically instruct you to do otherwise. like, eating only eggs beforehand, when you'd most certainly not have done that normally, just seems silly.
June 6th, 2014, 09:15 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I don't know when mine is. Last pregnancy I had no warning, just showed up for an appointment one day and they had me drink the drink, then I had my appointment and then the blood draw after an hour. I had eaten lunch and pudding right before, but I still passed just fine, thankfully. I've had a few different flavors, but I don't know what kind I'll have this time. It's not my favorite stuff, but I can handle it and thankfully it doesn't leave me feeling sick or anything.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
June 6th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Super Mommy
Mine is in two weeks. They gave me the drink to take home and said it's better cold, so I have in the refrigerator. No eating/drinking for 5 hours before the test.
June 6th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Veteran
I opted out of this test. At my last midwife appointment, I told her that I was on the fence about doing it but was leaning towards doing it. She then looked over my history and essentially talked me out of it, lol! She said that if I changed my mind, I could call them and I could have it done. I think she said this needed to be before 28 weeks. I have tested a few times at home after I've eaten a not so healthy meal and my blood sugar is always good.
June 6th, 2014, 11:12 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had it yesterday. I had the fruit punch flavored but they also offered the orange. I didn't eat but only because it was first thing in the morning and I wouldn't eat normally at that time of the day. I had 5 minutes to get it down and I totally lost track of time and basically chugged it all in the last minute so that was a bit gross. The results should be in today.

Last time I had really bad ms still at this point and didn't think I could keep the drink down. They let me do it with jelly beans instead.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
June 6th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFlower View Post
I just had it yesterday. I had the fruit punch flavored but they also offered the orange. I didn't eat but only because it was first thing in the morning and I wouldn't eat normally at that time of the day. I had 5 minutes to get it down and I totally lost track of time and basically chugged it all in the last minute so that was a bit gross. The results should be in today.

Last time I had really bad ms still at this point and didn't think I could keep the drink down. They let me do it with jelly beans instead.

omg, i'd so much rather do the test with jelly beans! everything is better with jelly beans!!

(and, now i want jelly beans. hmph.)
Caerus and FlyingFlower like this.
June 6th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Brown Polka Dots's Avatar Family of 3.5 :)
For mine I drink it at home and go in for my test an hour after I drink it (I can go in for a blood draw without an appointment).

I was told not to eat anything 3 hours before, but I plan to just go first thing in the morning before I eat anything. That's how I did it for my last pregnancy and I passed.

June 6th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Veteran
Mine is Monday, and I know it is an hour test, and they said to eat normally. That's all I know.
June 6th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to have nothing to eat or drink after midnight before the test. I had the orange drink. They gave it to me in the office. I think I had to drink it in 10 minutes? Then blood was drawn at the 1 hour mark.
June 6th, 2014, 06:09 PM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
My was 3 hrs... Cold orange... Super sweet. I failed my first hour so I have to take it again at 27-28 weeks

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
June 6th, 2014, 06:54 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had it. It was a cold orange drink. I fasted for 12hrs and still failed. So I had to take the 3 hr and it was a cold lemon lime drink. Waiting anxiously on those results...

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

June 6th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Took mine last week. I didn't fast beforehand though I backed off the carbs a bit that morning and didn't eat for about 2 hours beforehand (I failed the 1 hour with my last pregnancy and I wanted to do what I could to pass!). I passed

Expecting Baby #3, due September 9, 2014!

June 7th, 2014, 04:31 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I get to skip this one :-)

}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search