MOTW-Shades of Grey Monday

Forum: **NEW** September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 1 Post By lemieuxcrew
  • 1 Post By AviatrixMorgan
  • 1 Post By ElizabethS
  • 1 Post By bec9494
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, talk about myself today! Not sure what to say so prepare for some sleepy mommy rambling...

Im Ashleigh, Ill be 33 September 1 (and really hoping this baby comes after that! Silly, but if hes born in september, we will all have blue birthstones!). My husband John and I had our 8th anniversary June 16. We have 2 sons, Greyson Merrick Hunter-6 and Truett Holden Gabriel-18mo. Truett was born with trisomy 21 (down syndrome). We have been incredibly lucky in that he has had no major health concerns, his heart is completely perfect, and he is a super strong, tough, fearless little boy! Every day, I think at least once of how lucky we are. So many children (T21 or not) have scary health challenges and though we had higher risks for all of that, we have been blessed with this perfect little body)

Um my childhood... I grew up a military brat. My dad was in the air force. The closest to a home town I have is Minot North Dakota, about 40miles from the Canadian boarder. So cold, so much wind, so much snow. We were there for about 7 or 8 years. It was is where I graduated high school, learned to drive... Im the oldest. My sister is 6 years younger than me and happens to be pregnant also-due the end of November. Our brother is 6 years younger than her.

My husband and I met through a mutual friend. I originally 'shot him down' as he says when he gave me a rose and told him I just wanted a friend. So thats what he was. Eventually, I did want more and had to make a move myself knowing he wouldnt. So one night I kissed him! It was the single best kiss Ive ever had, like a movie. A year and a half later, to the day, we got married. We share my parents anniversary, too.

My hubby has an interesting job. He is a track crew leader on the bobsled track at the Olympic Park. He drives modified sleds, giving public rides during the summer. During the winter, they make ice and maintain the track for athletes to practice, compete, and also offer public rides. This year he will be piloting winter public rides as well! Ive taken summer sled-its intense! About 70mph and about one minute! Ive never had a winter ride though. Im a little scared to do that one! He also does tattoos. Its his real passion. If he didnt love his current job so much, he would be working in a tattoo shop. His body cant do what hes doing forever though so when the time comes, he will likely transition into tattoos full time.

Lets see... what else may be interesting. I read tarot and oracle cards. Ive done for about 12 years. Maybe one day I will offer to do a reading for a few of you! My kids dont allow me as much time for things like that anymore. Hard to get in the zone unless they are asleep!

I gave up a career in hospitality to be a SAHM. It was hard financially at first but it was important to me to be home with our kids. Some days, I really miss my job, working with people, talking to grown ups! But most of the time I am glad to be home and that my husband works hard to make sure I can be home with them.

Thats about all I can think of, but feel free to ask questions

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
July 14th, 2014, 11:54 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
You totally have to share some of your hubby's art work. And I love the cards. I would definitely love a reading one day!!!
Shades of Grey likes this.

July 14th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome you took the reins and kissed him! Your DH's job sounds so interesting too!

July 14th, 2014, 01:18 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tarot cards that is SO neat! I want a reading lol! I always wish for the day that I could be a SAHM but I just dont think its in the cards for our family. DH is a SAHD right now and I am normally the breadwinner. I think the most I can hope for is a more flexible maybe horse training business from home... that is more able to be worked around the kids schedule!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

July 14th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Super Mommy
Truett sounds like an amazing boy! I also worked in hospitality for some of my career, fun business!
July 14th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here are a few of the tattoos my hubby has done. The first one he did on his own leg.

tat3_zps0c440be9.jpg Photo by virgoprincess99 | Photobucket
kto1111 likes this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
July 15th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Kayakgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Your husband's job sounds very interesting - I love hearing of 'uncommon' jobs. And I'm right there with you as a SAHM - ours can be pretty interesting (and fun and exhausting and frustrating) too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search