humor me, baby gear!

Forum: **NEW** September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By xzippedx
  • 1 Post By flitabout
  • 1 Post By FlyingFlower
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 1 Post By bukappadelta
  • 1 Post By Mslily1125

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
First, I am not due until Sept 24 and have no history of going early. So if you are horrified by the idea of me just now tackling anything baby gear or prep related, I refused to move it and therefore have waited until we settled a bit (it's been a week)

Some of you now have used your new baby gear, yay! We will be buying new, b/c we ditched everything from our 11, 8 & 7 yr old long ago and have generous gift card to use from our old neighbors. I have begun researching online and did one store walk through (then needed a nap), but would love first hand recommendations. This is our gap baby, and last!!

I did search our history on these topics, but it is a bit spread out...so sorry for overlapping some of what we've covered a while back.

Infant car seat?

Swing/bouncer or anything that moves for settling or setting down a baby?

Favorite baby wearing device?

Bottles?
August 15th, 2014, 11:11 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Mommy of 2 :)
not sure what your tastes are... but these are some of my favorites! i like bright colors and fancy patterns!

Infant car seat :
Cosatto Car Seats group 0+, group 1 and group 1,2,3

Swing/bouncer:
https://www.google.com.mt/search?biw...20%3B500%3B500

https://www.google.com.mt/search?biw...2F%3B933%3B347
bec9494 likes this.

August 15th, 2014, 11:30 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Infant car seat? I got a snugride 35

Swing/bouncer or anything that moves for settling or setting down a baby? I got a graco duo swing that is also a bouncy seat

Favorite baby wearing device? Moby but That I still have to buy

Bottles? I use the Playtex drop-ins with a slow flow nipple my daughter in law just gave me a tun of them so I didn't need to buy those at all.
bec9494 likes this.

August 15th, 2014, 11:34 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the swing, make sure it plugs in, not just battery operated. That was the best advice we got.
bec9494 likes this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 15th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im due the 9th and DO have a history of going early and STILL dont have most of these things!!!

I do have a moby wrap from my last one and loved it. I am sure to get even more use out of it this time I suspect. Of your list, thats all Ive gotten!
bec9494 likes this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 15th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Veteran
Infant car seat? Chicco Keyfit 30

Swing/bouncer or anything that moves for settling or setting down a baby? I found a Momaroo at a garage sale, but would have found it too expensive otherwise.

Favorite baby wearing device? ErgoBaby Performance Carrier. I've been told that the fabric breathes more easily then a lot of the other carriers

Bottles? I went with Tommee Tippee mostly based on friends recommendations, but I have a ton of samples that I got from registering so I'll have options in case little man is picky. I think Target and Babies R Us both had samples in their registry packet.

bec9494 likes this.
August 15th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are also using the Chicco Keyfit 30 for car seat. We were given a fisher price swing and two fisher price bouncers.

For a wrap, my friend told me about a really good one she got from target, but I can't remember what it's called - I need to ask her again.

And we have a wide variety of bottles, but I'm hoping baby girl will like the tommee tippee bottles - I've always liked those.
bec9494 likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 15th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Veteran
I only have a strong opinion about the carseat. Safety wise, the Graco Snugride is rated the best for safety. I got the Snugride 35 but any snugride is equally safe, some just have better designs/materials.
August 15th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Carseat -- I have a Graco, can't remember which one right now, though

Wrap -- Love my Moby

Not sure on a swing, etc. yet and I don't use bottles.
August 15th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
Infant car seat? We are going straight to a convertible with the Chicco NextFit. I've heard good things about the Chicco Keyfit 30 though.

Swing/bouncer or anything that moves for settling or setting down a baby? We have one, but it is a hand-me-down and I have no idea what brand it is off the top of my head. Just that it is super cute and jungle themed.

Favorite baby wearing device? As a FTM, I don't have a favorite yet. I do have a Moby (a stretchy wrap for smaller babies), a Wrapsody Bali Breeze (a gauze wrap for larger babies/toddlers), and an Infantino Mei Tai. Also registered for a Tula SSC, which I'm really hoping someone gets us! The Mei Tai is DH's favorite so far, but I think he'd love a buckle carrier like the Tula. Edit: I forgot, we also have a Maya ring sling! I just haven't quite figured it out yet. My oh-so-tolerant elderly cat really doesn't like letting me practice with that particular carrier.

Bottles? On the advice of our NICU nurse friend, we have a handful of Dr. Brown's. Don't anticipate using them much, but I like to be prepared.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven

Last edited by Caerus; August 16th, 2014 at 07:51 PM.
August 16th, 2014, 12:47 PM
The Working Mom's Avatar Veteran
Infant car seat? I have a Graco SnugRide 35. The Flint color has the least amount of toxins (sad but true). You can search for car seat chemical levels in the search bar here: http://www.healthystuff.org/product.details.php?bcmode=search&getrecno=22309

Swing/bouncer or anything that moves for settling or setting down a baby? I have a very basic swing and a bouncer seat - neither are fancy or expensive.

Favorite baby wearing device? I never figured out the Moby, although I have one...have been looking for a good ring sling.
Bottles? I use glass Dr. Browns. I don't like to heat in any plastic.

August 16th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Maddy6912's Avatar Super Mommy
Car seat : Chicco keyfit 30

Swing : I bought a used one last time for DD so we will use that. Also the rock and play sleeper is amazing, especially for acid reflex and colic babies!

Bottles: I use avent bottles and love them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search