BTDT mommies..contraction question

Forum: **NEW** September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By FlyingFlower
  • 1 Post By ElizabethS
  • 1 Post By ElizabethS
  • 1 Post By m.a.m.a.to.3
  • 1 Post By ElizabethS

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2014, 11:04 AM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BTDT mommies I have a question. At what point do you go in when you have been contracting? I knowthe typical if you have been having them every 5 min lasting longer than 60seconds each and over an hour. However I just called L&D because I have been contracting every 4 min for the past 45 min despite drinking water laying sown changjnf positions etc. They are painfuk in my back and wrap around to my abdomen. The nurse told me not to come in until I can no longer TALK during a contraction.

Ok hmm. My contractions don't get that painful until I am 6cm or more and I typically go to 10cm complete and ready to push quickly after that. I am scared to wait TOO long because I have to drive myself 30 min to the hospital get checked confirm if I am in labor and if I am DH has to pack up the kids get a grandparent to agree to take them and get a ride to the hospital before I deliver since we only have one vehicle right now.

I have had a 1 1/2 hr labor with baby number three and a 6 hr labor only 3 of the hrs in the hospital with #4. I am also afraid of looking foolish going in too early or it being a false alarm because my stupid uterus loves to contract lol!

Just curious what everyone else is going by...

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

August 23rd, 2014, 11:12 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would NOT wait that long. She didnt know your history of fast labor. I would lean on the side of caution and if they stay 4 minutes apart, I would go. If nothing else, they can check you, you can walk around for a while and see what happens.

Im in a similar situation, needing to go in before it gets to that point (for the 4 hours of antibiotics, dont know that it will happen!). The midwife told me to go in as soon as they felt different and tell them right away to get my iv antibiotic going. She said they may look at you weird at first but once they see your chart, they will get it

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 23rd, 2014, 11:49 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd definitely go in. That sounds like it's really possibly the real deal, especially if they don't hurt til 6cm. It's way better to be safe than sorry.

Also that guide of 5 minutes etc is just a really general guideline. My doctor said given my history of things going fast at the end and having a long drive to the hospital I should come in before that.
ElizabethS and Shades of Grey like this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 23rd, 2014, 11:57 AM
I am headed there now. These hurt into my upper thighs which is usually a sign for me. It could be just my body moving her down and getting things ready ir it could be early labor. Guess I will know when they check my cervix
Shades of Grey likes this.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

August 23rd, 2014, 12:01 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Glad you're going in, I am in a similar situation too.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
August 23rd, 2014, 12:03 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck, keep us posted!

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 23rd, 2014, 01:11 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im glad you are going in too. I'll be thinking of you and looking for an update

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 23rd, 2014, 01:14 PM
Well I am still 1.5cm a little more effaced now but I AM contracting every two minutes now. But they are going to leave me on the monitors for an hour and recheck me. If I am not making changes they will send me home and I will have my contraction happy uterus to thank lol. If I am changing then I dunno maybe walk? I know thry won't admit until you are several centimeters. I am just going to let my bodyvdk what it wants..lay back and try to relax..and I am fine either way whether she decides to come or stay .

August 23rd, 2014, 01:38 PM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping for the best! It's good that you got checked out regardless!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 23rd, 2014, 01:52 PM
The Working Mom's Avatar Veteran
Very good idea to go in. Keep us posted and good luck!!!

August 23rd, 2014, 02:28 PM
I am going home. Still contracting every two to three min despite fluids. She said I was the exact same when she checked me but that it could just be early labor. So going home to TRY to rest.
_Jewlz_ likes this.

August 23rd, 2014, 03:42 PM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
I only just caught this thread, but I'm glad you went in. That seems like such a silly thing for the nurse to say. Hope you're able to get some rest!
August 23rd, 2014, 05:45 PM
Well I am still contracting every 2-3 min. They are lasting longer and longer. But I am still hanging out at home. Waiting for either 1) them to go away or 2) get really painful or 3) have that home birth I always wanted hahaha.

August 23rd, 2014, 06:04 PM
Super Mommy
It is always so tricky to know exactly when to go in. I am glad you went to get checked. Sending lots of good thoughts for either good progression in labor or your contractions to fizzle out

With my last vaginal birth, I called L&D to let them know I was coming in and they were like .. you should wait a bit longer. DH got on the phone as I could not talk through a contraction and said ok well this is delivery #4 and dilation of 3-4 at last visit...and they said to come in right away!
ElizabethS likes this.
August 23rd, 2014, 08:10 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry they sent you home Hopefully things will either a.) slow down so you can get some rest or b.) pick up so there is no doubt you are in labor!

Thinking of you. Good luck.

August 24th, 2014, 05:02 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
How ya doing this morning. I had some fierce back pain too. Keep us posted. I bet today or tomorrow is the day!!!!! EEK!

August 24th, 2014, 05:39 AM
They went away after I fell asleep around midnght. They stayed the same intensity all evening so I stayed put. As soon as I started moving around it started again this morning lol. But at least I got a halfway decent nights sleep!i know it can't be true labor if it abated overnight so I think my body is just trying to get Adrianna in place for the big event lol!
lemieuxcrew likes this.

August 25th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Sounds like your body is getting seriously ready... will be watching for updates

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search