Baby names?

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2014, 07:16 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
It is fun when they help! And it shows that they can pronounce the name. Both my kids had nicknames before birth… I have to think of nicknames.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
January 16th, 2014, 07:49 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is the second so if it's a boy he wants it to be the third. I don't really want that and I want to chose a name so hopefully it's a girl just to avoid that argument.

No clue if it's a girl. We both have the name Frances in our families so Frances will be the middle name.
..Michelle.. likes this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
January 16th, 2014, 03:34 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our girl names are Scarlet Nicole and Savannah Lynn.

Our girl names have been picked out for yeeeears. The last two babies have been both boys so I am PRAYING I get to use a girl name, If wee one is a boy. Well we are screwed because it took us soooooo long to agree on Grayson's name.
amberbanegas likes this.

January 16th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Regular
We agreed on baby names before we were even married lol.

Lillian (middle name will start with an O, making her initials LOL, haha)
Julian Dennis (Dennis is my father in laws name and we like to idea of JD as a nickname)
January 16th, 2014, 09:05 PM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Boy names would be a challenge since I have 4 already. Our last son got a first name towards the middle of the last tri and didn't get a middle until after he was born!

We have had a girl name picked for 8 years, but will have to talk about it again and see if we still like it. At this point, we haven't discussed names at all.
January 16th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Nothing set in stone for us. But names currently on the table are:
Harper or Camryn for a girl
Wyatt, Isaiah, Isaac, or Bryson for a boy
January 17th, 2014, 04:29 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbanegas View Post
I like a lot of the names that y'all picked. I really like Ryker

My DH and I picked X names.
We have 2 for both sexes:
Boys:
Xander Justice
Xyrn Nazir (sounds like Zy-REN)
Girls:
Xylia Marie (sounds like Sea-Lee-AH)
Xylina LaShay (sounds like Selena)
I like the top two names best!
You think that they are too different?
I have a Dominic (9) and a Domiyana (7) now...
I don't want to start any trouble, but as a teacher I want to say that those names will probably never be pronounced correctly. As someone who always has to correct my name it becomes incredibly annoying. I would say stick with the unique names, but make them a little easier to pronounce by sight.

------------------------------

Our names are: Jeremiah Anthony for a boy or Marian Kelly for a girl (not sure on the spelling for Marian yet). Marion was DH's papaw's name and Kelly is my papaw's name. Jeremiah is just a name that we like and Anthony is DH's middle name.
..Michelle.. likes this.

January 17th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasky View Post
I don't want to start any trouble, but as a teacher I want to say that those names will probably never be pronounced correctly. As someone who always has to correct my name it becomes incredibly annoying. I would say stick with the unique names, but make them a little easier to pronounce by sight.

------------------------------

Our names are: Jeremiah Anthony for a boy or Marian Kelly for a girl (not sure on the spelling for Marian yet). Marion was DH's papaw's name and Kelly is my papaw's name. Jeremiah is just a name that we like and Anthony is DH's middle name.
Dear Bella- I truly appreciate your opinion… However… I do not see them as DIFFICULT. Xander is not difficult… Nor is Xylia… They are not "Make believe, made up names (You can Google them)" My daughter's name is Domiyana and no one has a problem with that. (That one I did MAKE UP, all by myself) Plus they will probably have nicknames… I really like the names that you picked for your future baby!

January 17th, 2014, 03:51 PM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
As another teacher, I wouldn't pronounce those names correctly either. =\. I would feel really bad about it too.

I had a student whose name was Shu 'Ara. Pronounced Shuh Ra. You could tell she was annoyed that no one pronounced it correctly right out the jump. You learn. They get used to correcting people. People are adaptable.

My favorite name is Noemi <pronounced no-ee-mee> but I wouldnt want her to have to constantly correct people from no-ay-mee or nay-oh-mee.

But honestly, to each their own. It's really about YOUR choice for YOUR baby. However, not to make waves, but when you ask for someone's opinion they aren't obligated to agree with you. I would have to agree that personally I think the spellings are a bit difficult. Beautiful? Absolutely! Super unique spelling? You betcha! The only one in their class? Most likely. But, difficult for a kindergartener to sound out and learn to spell? Probably.

I really don't mean to upset anyone. Just threw in my worthless two cents.

I heart Xander. Also Xavier.

I'm sure whatever name you and your DH choose will be perfect.

January 17th, 2014, 04:36 PM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
We don't have anything set in stone yet, for a girl we have Jerilynn Lenai and Jaidence Liliianna and we're still kicking around boys names. I like Jacorbin Lee and Jairdan Lee.
..Michelle.. likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
January 17th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Tatted Mama- I am not bothered at all. I guess with "typing" that could be misunderstood… I appreciate all feedback! Especially from teachers I am sure there will be more than one Xander as the name is not uncommon… As for Xylia- I could see how people would want to say ZY-LEE-AH… But you are right after a couple of times… People will get it. I live in Kuwait and ALL the names were hard at first… (I was also a teacher) but I learned them quickly. Thanks again…

January 17th, 2014, 10:01 PM
RayneElizabeth's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveTeach View Post
We agreed on baby names before we were even married lol.

Lillian (middle name will start with an O, making her initials LOL, haha)
Julian Dennis (Dennis is my father in laws name and we like to idea of JD as a nickname)
Lillian Olivia!! LOL.....no pun intended

I love Julian..!!

January 18th, 2014, 06:58 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I never said difficult or that they were made up names. I'm sorry if i offended you.

January 18th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasky View Post
I never said difficult or that they were made up names. I'm sorry if i offended you.
No Bella- I am not offended at all. Thank you for your opinion. I was not saying that you did say that… I was just justifying the names "pronoun cation" I promise I am not upset and I hope that my reply didn't upset you either.

January 18th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Brown Polka Dots's Avatar Family of 3.5 :)
We probably won't talk about it until we know the gender. We're in so much trouble if it's a girl, finding DDs name was nearly impossible. We need a boy for that reason alone .

January 18th, 2014, 07:11 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Kylie Katherine for a girl hubby likes Bentley Joseph for a boy. I am pretty set on Kylie as a first name for a girl. Other than that I am really up in the air. I also like the name Emma, the name Brooke, and the name Addison lol all for girls. We have 5 boys 1 girl so we are sort of boy named out.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

Last edited by ElizabethS; January 18th, 2014 at 07:16 PM.
January 19th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gracyn McKinley or Harrison William Prescott.

We have kept that boy name in our heads for years. (Although I am hoping for a girl)

January 19th, 2014, 06:08 AM
MEG282's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2!
With DD who is named Mackenzie Elizabeth, we had the name Matthew picked out if she was a boy. We still may go for Matthew Andrew, but I also like, Kiernan, Kellan, & Christopher, middle name will remain Andrew after DH. For a girl I like Adelynne Grace, Rhiannon, Tiana & Laila Grace, we are not even close to figuring out a girl! LOL! DH only agrees with Tiana and it's my least fav!

Thank You for the BEAUTIFUL Siggy .:Shortcake:.

January 19th, 2014, 06:41 AM
smika's Avatar Super Mommy
DH and I were talking about this last night, we like Jarett Paul or Peter for a boy and are still thinking of something for a girl. I LOVE Lucy Marion, but Lucy was his grandmothers dogs name, so it might be out of the running. I would like to use Marion as it is a family name. I like using family names somewhere in the name.

EDD: September 5, 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search