Baby names?

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Posgo001's Avatar Veteran
We agree on a girl's name--Georgia Grace (and probably call her Gigi). As for a boy, I've always wanted a George (that's how we got to Georgia), but DH is adamantly against it! Instead, I think we have compromised on a boy's name of either Benjamin Robert, Bradley Robert, or Brent Robert...just so if it's a little boy his initials will be BRO. That way my older boys can call really call him their "little BRO!"
Jenn-F likes this.
1/30/14 at 7 weeks 2 days

You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for,
to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.
Amen.

January 20th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Super Mommy
We like the name Daniel for a boy. Daniel Robert.
We like the name Khloe or Chelsea for a girl
January 20th, 2014, 04:47 PM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
I'll have to dig up my old list from when DD was in-womb.

We've talked a lot about John Robert for a boy... nice and simple and representative of family members. I just know I'll want to call him JR (Jay-R) for sort and I don't really like that. ha!

I may be in trouble though because DH agreed to my #1 choice for DD, on the condition that he get the final say in baby #2's name. And then at the last minute, I change my mind for DD and we ended up with the name he liked most anyway. Lucky SOB. lol

I remember having a bunch of other boy names I loved but he didn't care for most of them. For a girl, I'd love to go with something from our generation that would be unique because it's not unique... like Jenny or Jessica or Shannon or Lauren.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
January 20th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
We have a short list of names for girls (Rachel, Jessica, others I don't remember off the top of my head), and have had a boy name picked out for years: Luke.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
January 21st, 2014, 06:21 AM
Super Mommy
We won't even discuss names until we know what we are having. If we were to decide not to find out, then we would honestly probably wait til the hospital! LOL. DH and I never agree on boys names. Both our boys were named the day we left the hospital.

We currently have Teaghan, Colin, Cooper, and Tenley. However I don't really care to stick to our "fluke" patter of Te's for girls and Co's for boys.

I do like the names Tatum, Harlow, and Sawyer for girls. If we name a girl Harlow we would call her Low. Tatum I love and it is a sacrifice to be like the other kids names which I don't really care about.

Boys, we are so in trouble. I don't have the slightest idea what we would name a boy. Only boy name that always comes to mind is Coen but I know we can't use
January 21st, 2014, 08:07 AM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
I have a few picked out that I'm writing down as I think of them and so far off the list I like Tanner for a boy and Aubrey for a girl

January 21st, 2014, 12:20 PM
Veteran
When we were pregnant last year we loved the names Cora (or Coralynn) and Kailynn... and had nothing for a boy. Middle name for a girl is set as Violet regardless of first name. Boys names are hard!

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart.)
January 21st, 2014, 12:48 PM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're now leaning toward Silas for a boy. Thoughts?
January 21st, 2014, 11:05 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer-I think Silas is cute
Jenn-F likes this.

January 24th, 2014, 12:02 AM
kimberzzz's Avatar Veteran
Our youngest son was almost named Ryker, but we had already decided on his middle name and I did not think they went well together. We decided against it in the hospital when he was born. Ryker is at the top of our list of boy names as well.

I don't really have a list of girls names yet, but I would really like to use the middle name Lynn. It was the middle name of my very close friend who passed away, so I would love to honor her.
January 24th, 2014, 01:14 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Silas is cute! And you can call hime SI...
Jenn-F likes this.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
January 24th, 2014, 05:58 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
We have names!! Abraham for a boy (probably Augustine for a middle name as St. Augustine, FL is a very special place to us) and Madalynn Analena for a girl. Took us about 20 minutes, lol.
January 24th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Veteran
We haven't discussed names yet. We usually wait to find out what it is first. We didn't w the first couple, but after 9 children we've used up a lot of names ;-)
angelinal09 likes this.
January 24th, 2014, 04:34 PM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
DD & I like like Claire Margret for a girl (Margaret for DH's late grandma) & DH likes Hunter or Jackson for a boy.. Not sure on boy middle names yet..
January 25th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Girl: no idea. My boyfriend likes names that I dont like lol.

Boy: Brady James (Brady after Tom Brady lol... bf is a huge football fan, and James after my grandpa that passed away in 2006). DBF also suggested Ray (after Ray Lewis).
January 25th, 2014, 10:54 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For a girl my husband actually looked up top names in Holland right now (where he is from). One of the top girl names is Evi which is pronounced Avee. I'm in love with it. Boys names have been more difficult for us. But I'm stuck on Avee (which is how I would spell it).

TEAM BLUE!!!

Due September 5, 2014
January 26th, 2014, 02:38 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Is that said like Ah-Vee? If so, I think that is a cute name!

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
January 26th, 2014, 12:11 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No it's Aye-vee I like Ah-vee too though!
amberbanegas likes this.

TEAM BLUE!!!

Due September 5, 2014
January 26th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Veteran
We haven't really discussed names yet. Boy names are always easy for us. Girl names are hard. We have 5 boys and 4 girls so far so we have used up all previously discussed names except Houston or Mc Clung for middle names after our grandfathers :-D
January 26th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
Colton john if it's a boy . Haven't found a girl name yet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search