Sleep problems

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By klynne83
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2014, 07:29 AM
klynne83's Avatar Kristy
I am still having trouble sleeping. I am now waking up in the middle of the night to go pee. I find that I wake up in the middle of a dream, vivid dreams that is, I drag my groggy self to the loo and do my business and find it hard to stay awake but then when I get back to bed restlessness kicks in and I can't go back to sleep. I was in bed probably around 11 last night. Awake at 130, back to sleep an hour later, awake again around 4, went pee again, back to bed shortly after but awake at 6 when DBF on call phone goes off. Now DBF is up getting dressed for work and he turns the lights on! GRRRRR, hurricane Kristy showed her ugly face! I just want one night of uninterrupted sleep before my whole life changes with a new baby!
amberbanegas likes this.

Baby G 01/29/14

January 22nd, 2014, 07:37 AM
Super Mommy
Have you tried taking anything for sleep? You can check with your dr but they actually say B6 and Unisom for morning sickness so maybe if you took something like that for your sleeping? I took it with my last pregnancy because I was so nauseous at night with her. I am thinking it was something along the lines of 1/2 a b6 and not sure if 1/2 or whole unisom.
January 22nd, 2014, 07:41 AM
klynne83's Avatar Kristy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabfifth View Post
Have you tried taking anything for sleep? You can check with your dr but they actually say B6 and Unisom for morning sickness so maybe if you took something like that for your sleeping? I took it with my last pregnancy because I was so nauseous at night with her. I am thinking it was something along the lines of 1/2 a b6 and not sure if 1/2 or whole unisom.
I am from Ontario and the Unisom we have here is actually a sleep aid with diphenhydramine in it. I have gotten the ok to take OTC sleep aids that have diphenhydramine in them but I am reluctant to take anything. Honestly, I cannot wait until fatigue hits me!

Baby G 01/29/14

January 22nd, 2014, 07:47 AM
Super Mommy
I'm going to guess that Unisom is the same thing here?? I know it's a sleep aide, but I don't pay attention to the active ingredients, just if it's safe or not per dr.....
January 22nd, 2014, 10:32 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^Unisom in the US is actually doxylamine in the 25mg tablets.

I am having issues with sleep also. I am so sooooo exhausted during the day but I have horrible insomnia at night. My dreams are vivid and have been downright scary. Plus having to pee 3-4x a night is no fun. I seemed to get a little better sleep in the second tri before my belly got big it started pushing on my bladder. Hopefully that is the case for you also
klynne83 likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 10:41 AM
klynne83's Avatar Kristy
Glad I am not the only one! Last night's dream was scary I don't remember much now but I did when I woke up to pee. I sure hope I can get better sleep in the 2nd trimester. Like I said I cannot wait until fatigue sets in!

Baby G 01/29/14

January 22nd, 2014, 10:48 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Do you sleep at all in the day? As I find it hard to sleep at night but easy to fall asleep through the day…

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
January 22nd, 2014, 11:03 AM
klynne83's Avatar Kristy
I have not been sleeping through the day. I had a very brief resting of the eyes yesterday evening waiting for DBF to get home from work. I try to get a nap in but I just can't seem to do it. I better get a nap in before work tonight. I have been up since 8am after a restless night sleep and I have to work night shift tonight! OH JOY!

Baby G 01/29/14

January 22nd, 2014, 11:07 AM
Veteran
I haven't slept through the night in a LONG time I dont know why, either. Hopefully it wears off so we can get some sleep!

EDD: September 19th, 2014!

Mommy to a princess named Averie (7/6/2008) who is very excited to FINALLY be a big sister!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search