Grrr...Need to find a new ob

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By smika
  • 1 Post By TrishB
  • 1 Post By kto1111
  • 1 Post By Jenn-F
  • 1 Post By amberbanegas
  • 1 Post By FlyingFlower
  • 1 Post By breymama
  • 1 Post By ..Michelle..
  • 1 Post By Caerus
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 1 Post By Mslily1125

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2014, 07:55 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
Just called to make my first appointment and found out my ob moved to Alaska! I can stay with the practice he worked in but they moved their office, so I'd have to drive about 25 minutes one way to see another ob in the same practice (who I've seen before and am not fond of---the feeling is mutual) or find another practice and hope they have the same views on certain pregnancy-related topics that I do. So frustrating...

How did/are you ladies picking out your ob's?
January 22nd, 2014, 07:58 AM
smika's Avatar Super Mommy
I called friends who have children and similar views on pregnancy.
angelinal09 likes this.

EDD: September 5, 2014
January 22nd, 2014, 08:04 AM
Veteran
I picked my first OB because almost all of the women in my family have gone to him for years. I won't go back. I chose my midwife (haven't seen her yet) because a good friend recommended her and she is fairly close
angelinal09 likes this.
January 22nd, 2014, 08:47 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
I also went with friends' recommendations.
angelinal09 likes this.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
January 22nd, 2014, 09:06 AM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I changed to a new Ob just before getting pg. I had been with the same one since my first ever gyn check up. I changed to the new ob on friends' recommendations. He's very family centered, pro vbac, does a "gentle" c-section with it more mom and baby centered, etc.
angelinal09 likes this.
January 22nd, 2014, 10:43 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
With my first two I used a MidWife… She is in Florida… The doctors who preformed my C-sections were the doctor's that she was working with. This time… IDK. I was going to stay with the same clinic that did my IVF, but honestly, I hate the hospital… I would rather give birth in America or at a different hospital… I have no one to ask here and most of the nicer places are 25-30 minutes away. (PS- Kuwaitis drive like ANIMALS)
angelinal09 likes this.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
January 22nd, 2014, 11:21 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She was just the OB with the soonest availability at a huge practice in the area the first time I was pregnant. I ended up really liking her and her kind of no-nonsense attitude. DH didn't like her because she isn't really the warm fuzzy type but I really like her. DD came early so she was on vacation and another guy in the practice did the delivery and he was amazing.

There's a fairly big chance we'll be moving out of state anywhere from 2 months to a year from now. I'm really worried about moving around 6-8 months and having to find an OB from scratch.
angelinal09 likes this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
January 22nd, 2014, 11:45 AM
Veteran
I work for a health system and my insurance plan will cover everything but $10 if I choose a provider within our network. That's how I picked mine. Never met the physicians in the group, but I know they work for our company and that they must be good doctors. I'm nervous but I figure it's just the first appt - if we clash too much, I will find someone else in the system who works better with me.
angelinal09 likes this.

EDD: September 19th, 2014!

Mommy to a princess named Averie (7/6/2008) who is very excited to FINALLY be a big sister!
January 22nd, 2014, 03:09 PM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was PG with Roman, I was referred to my OB by my step sis! She said he's no nonsense and straight to the point. I would prefer a woman but if he's good, that's fine with me! Going with the same doc this time because he knows my medical history and with losing Roman, I don't have to re-explain everything to a new doctor and that's hell
angelinal09 likes this.

January 22nd, 2014, 06:01 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
Wow, moved to Alaska? How often does that happen?!

My mom is an OBGYN, and we moved back to our hometown a few months ago. We are actually living with my parents while we house hunt, so I'm currently living with my OB. LOL. When it comes time to deliver, I'll probably go with her partner doc, as I've known him for at least a decade. He also did my D&C last September.
angelinal09 likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
January 23rd, 2014, 09:52 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just moved about 30-45 minutes away 5 months ago so even though I loved my Dr and the hospital I delivered at just a year ago, I have to start all over. It just doesnt make sense to travel that far for each appointment, especially towards the end with weekly appts. Im stressing about it, I dont like the hospitals near me now!
angelinal09 likes this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 23rd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I picked mine based on friends' recommendations. I gathered several names, and then asked questions about each one before deciding. Good luck, hope you find someone good!
angelinal09 likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search