Dry-heaving

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mslily1125
  • 2 Post By kimberzzz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
My nausea has gotten so much worse the last couple of weeks. Most days, I am nauseaus all day long. I don't throw up, but a few times a day I dry heave.

I just feel so gross and icky all day long. Has anyone else had the dry heaving?

I'm still able to eat lots..I find that I just feel hungry all day, even though nothing sounds appealing, I will eat some plain, bland food just to try to ease the nausea..but nothing really helps.

I can't wait for this to start to get better! I wasn't this sick with my DD... I hardly had any MS with her!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

February 24th, 2014, 07:05 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Mommy of 2 :)
yes... all day long! so far these past 3 days have been the worst! nothing settles my stomach and last night at 3 am i had my head in the toilet! if i leave my stomach empty for a few mins it starts all over again but i can't complain too much this is a much better pregnancy than my first i hope these 3 weeks roll by quickly

February 24th, 2014, 07:14 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Me too. Zofran helps here and there but I don't take it every day. I have found a correlation with dessert and 3 AM wake-ups. If I don't eat dessert I make it until 7 without dry heaving.

Oh I hope this ends soon for all of us!

February 24th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry I feel incredibly blessed to not have had much MS with this pregnancy. At first I really wanted it to show up so that the pregnancy would feel more real. But now my heart just goes out to each and every one of you. The good news is that we are almost through the first trimester, so it should ease up soon, right?
Caerus likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 24th, 2014, 09:27 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had the dry-heaving, just everything else morning sickness related. I've heard over and over again that the peak is 9/10 weeks so hopefully you're dealing with the worst right now.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
February 24th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
I dry heave whenever I brush my teeth. >.<

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
February 24th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
::lurking from October ddc::

I dry heave when I brush my teeth. The m/s has gotten so much worse these last 2 weeks. I went to Babies R Us and got some preggo pops, ginger tea and acupressure bands. They have helped considerably.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
February 24th, 2014, 02:51 PM
kimberzzz's Avatar Veteran
I dry heave constantly and I hate it! I think I would rather just throw up so I could at at least feel a little better afterwards.
Caerus and lemieuxcrew like this.

Mommy to..
Aireana Joy 3/19/05
Zaylee Grace 3/17/09
Kian Dayne 9/4/10
Jaycek Robert 3/1/12

4/3/14
February 24th, 2014, 02:58 PM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberzzz View Post
I dry heave constantly and I hate it! I think I would rather just throw up so I could at at least feel a little better afterwards.
Yes.

February 24th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Super Mommy
I dry heave all the time too. My 10yr old gets embarrassed when we go out because any odd smell make me dry heave.
I wish I could throw up sometimes also just to feel better. The worst is wet diapers..i can handle poopy ones but wet ones forget it lol

February 24th, 2014, 04:04 PM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
I dry heave whenever I brush my teeth. >.<
Me too!

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
February 24th, 2014, 05:33 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I'm a dry heaver as well. I chew gum, snack on foods, deep breathe, drink water with flavoring. Last pregnancy was the same way. I hope it gets better for you.

February 24th, 2014, 05:56 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dry heave all the time also. I have only vomited once. But the nausea has been horrid. I gag when I brush my teeth... and everything leaves a bad taste in my mouth that makes me gag too

I have had some luck with wearing SeaBands. They at least help a little. And I am taking something for nausea at night... but it makes me so tired I try to avoid it during the day. I am sorry you are miserable too. I am counting down the days until it gets better!

February 25th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Kayakgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been doing nothing but dry heaving over here - no vomiting yet although I wish I could sometimes and just get it over with. I can brush my teeth fine, but blowing my nose brings it on really bad.
Please keep up with the inspirational stories about week 9-10 being the worst - I'm so close to being over that hump!

February 25th, 2014, 07:16 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Yes… It is awful! I feel like my tummy turns upside down… It is so awful! I hope you get to feeling better soon!

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
February 25th, 2014, 10:16 AM
myfav5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me too. All day sick feeling.

And this morning I threw up so hard I peed my pants. I am waiting on a call from the nurse for some Zofran. Can't take the nausea and care for the kiddos. For those of you that it goes away at second trimester, you are so lucky. I am usually sick the whole time!

February 25th, 2014, 02:10 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel gaggy/nauseous 24/7. I constantly hold my breath to avoid smells making me worse. It is so bad today I can hardly get off the couch. And I have a headache with it. Ugh

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search