Can you girls promise me something?

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree32Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
As much as I hate it, I know it is inevitable. Every due date club has some wonderful person who starts a Facebook group for the DDC and then everyone ends up moving there, using the excuse that "it's easier to access" (it's just as easy to use ForumRunner).

PLEASE, when that happens, don't all leave here and just stay at the FB group. I go through a lot of the Due Date Clubs and they are SO quiet. I've been here a number of years, and before this whole Facebook group thing happened, the Due Date Clubs were always so lively and wonderful. Even the August DDC, which is only one month ahead of us, has slowed down alarmingly due to their FB group.

I don't want to invest a ton of time in a DDC if you're all going to move to FB, never to be heard from again.

So pleassseee.... promise me you guys won't abandon our Due Date Club! I will be very sad

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

February 27th, 2014, 10:36 AM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
Promise! Do we even have a facebook group? If so I don't know about it lol
KHawk likes this.

February 27th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie2510 View Post
Promise! Do we even have a facebook group? If so I don't know about it lol
I think someone tried to set one up in the very beginning and it didn't go over well. It's sure to happen again though.

With my last DDC, it was a bit hard to take, as a new mom, and a very devoted JM member, to see the board die and everyone go to FB. I also found that the Facebook groups cause more drama and a lot of people favour them because they can stir the pot without repercussions.

I know some people like Facebook groups, but I just hate to see everyone leave here to go to Facebook. I tried being part of my last DDC's FB group, but I couldn't remain there for long. It became to drama-filled, and i found the format way too hard to follow.
CoreenaC and MrsPalumbo like this.

February 27th, 2014, 10:44 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
This forum is super slow compared to when I had my son. Could that be why?

}
February 27th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva76 View Post
This forum is super slow compared to when I had my son. Could that be why?
I think a big part of the slow down is the Facebook Groups. All the members who would have stayed here for other kids, or stayed to ask questions have left. It sucks!

I wish I knew exactly why this place has gotten so slow. It's a wonderful community... It used to be so energetic around here!
Caerus likes this.

February 27th, 2014, 11:02 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
What's ForumRunner?

FB is an easy access for me outside of working hours when I'm usually just mobile, but then I am unlikely to type our big long responses from my phone anyway. I'd just assume wait until I'm on a computer and can catch up on JM that way.

If JM had a mobile app, that'd be so nice. Is that essentially what ForumRunner is?

Anyway, at the end of the day, I think I'd prefer to just become actual FB friends with anyone from here I've gotten to know well enough. I don't see that happening for a while, but it would feel more personal than just another FB group.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
February 27th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I tried ForumRunner and didn't like it. I DO love Facebook groups, it's easy and fast--especially when it comes to posting pictures. However, I don't abandon the original board when a FB group comes up!

February 27th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Super Mommy
I am sticking right here. I joined a DDC when I was preggo with #1, our babies are almost 11 years old now. We were so close as a group, I ended up meeting up with several of the Mom's and their families over the years which was so fun! We moved to Facebook a few years ago and for me it just hasn't been the same.

I think any group can get drama filled, regardless of the forum. Our group was no exception, and that was before Facebook. But I agree that forum is harder to follow. Eventually the group went into the public forum and we lost that closeness of our "group".
February 27th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kto1111 View Post
What's ForumRunner?

FB is an easy access for me outside of working hours when I'm usually just mobile, but then I am unlikely to type our big long responses from my phone anyway. I'd just assume wait until I'm on a computer and can catch up on JM that way.

If JM had a mobile app, that'd be so nice. Is that essentially what ForumRunner is?

Anyway, at the end of the day, I think I'd prefer to just become actual FB friends with anyone from here I've gotten to know well enough. I don't see that happening for a while, but it would feel more personal than just another FB group.
Forum Runner is an app that allows you to view forums on your phone easier. It does cost $1.99 which I know is not appealing to some people, but it is an option.

I completely understand becoming facebook friends with the wonderful ladies you bond with here. Lost of us will do that, I am sure

February 27th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will not be joining a FB group for this. Personally, I like for the two to be separate. Facebook to me is a way to keep up with big milestones of friends past, but I don't actually spend a whole lot of time on Facebook because of all of the drama that can be associated with it. I like it here, and I enjoy this escape of getting away and just talking baby.
kimberzzz, Caerus, KHawk and 1 others like this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 27th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslily1125 View Post
I will not be joining a FB group for this. Personally, I like for the two to be separate. Facebook to me is a way to keep up with big milestones of friends past, but I don't actually spend a whole lot of time on Facebook because of all of the drama that can be associated with it. I like it here, and I enjoy this escape of getting away and just talking baby.
I'm the same way. I like to keep those two worlds separate. Facebook just makes me angry most of the time.. haha, maybe that's why I have such a hate on for FB Groups!

February 27th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Exactly...I get so irritated with FB sometimes. Ugh...

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 27th, 2014, 11:18 AM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Facebook groups are a bummer for those of us not comfortable sharing our real facebook profile. It does make me sad when everyone disappears.

February 27th, 2014, 11:29 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Don't all of your friends see your posts on a fB group? Or is it private?

}
February 27th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva76 View Post
Don't all of your friends see your posts on a fB group? Or is it private?
If the person creating the group makes it correctly, it is 100% private. (can't even be searched for). You need to be invited in order to join.

February 27th, 2014, 11:34 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Mommy of 2 :)
Pinky promise! I will be staying here thats for sure, we decided to delete our fb pages just after we announced because of a stalker we had and the best solution for us to get her out of our lives for good was to delete everything (even tho shes blocked she managed to find out everything)

February 27th, 2014, 11:52 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
I think we should promise/wait until babies are born. Period. I have to be honest, when we went to FB with my other forum (p.org) I ended up being in LESS touch. We keep it to babies here. On FB lots of politics and ideology get drawn out. And I promise - we wont all agree on that stuff!!!!
JBMadd2, Urchin, CoreenaC and 2 others like this.

February 27th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxcrew View Post
I think we should promise/wait until babies are born. Period. I have to be honest, when we went to FB with my other forum (p.org) I ended up being in LESS touch. We keep it to babies here. On FB lots of politics and ideology get drawn out. And I promise - we wont all agree on that stuff!!!!
Ditto! If we can at least hold out until our babies are born, and we move to a playgroup, that would be amazing!
JBMadd2 and Caerus like this.

February 27th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Pinky promise here! I will NOT join a FB group at least until baby is born...maybe not even then LOL (haven't been on any playgroups here, but I'm sure they're great too.)

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 27th, 2014, 12:57 PM
KHawk's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah.. I remember someone mentioning something about one... but I didn't know about it/so haven't joined.

Honestly.. i prefer this

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search