Moving baby?

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KeliRevels
  • 1 Post By FlyingFlower

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Regular
Has anyone felt the baby move yet in their first pregnancy?

This is my first and I am 19 weeks pregnant. I had the ultrasound done 5 days ago and they took a while to get still pictures because the baby kept moving and rolling around. lol.. So cute. But I still can't feel it. I know this is normal. Some people don't feel it until week 22 or so. I just can't wait to start feeling him. :-)
April 16th, 2014, 06:56 AM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
With my first pregnancy I didn't feel the baby until week 23. Even with this one my third I just started feeling the baby at 18 weeks so hang in there it won't be long now

April 16th, 2014, 07:33 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
Usually with your first, it takes a while longer if only because you don't really know what it feels like to begin with. I can't remember when I felt my first dc move (it's been 15 years!!!!) but I do know that I've felt movement earlier and earlier with each pregnancy. With this one, I've felt little rolls and "flutters" and one definite kick but nothing other than that.
April 16th, 2014, 07:52 AM
saraann's Avatar Veteran
With my first I felt him at 16 weeks but my hubs could not felt him until 18weeks. This time I felt baby at 14 weeks and just yesterday felt a kick or punch from the outside at almost 19weeks! Everyone is different. As long as he was moving on the ultrasound your all good! It is exciting though. Not sure if size matters but I'm very petite and slender normally
April 16th, 2014, 08:20 AM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
I have felt movement sporadically for a while now but lately it has been more and more consistent. It all depended on where she was at. My placenta is towards my belly button but very high so when she is sitting high, I don't feel her much. But she dances around in there quite often. My fiancé felt her for the first time two nights ago.. Almost EVERYONE else that I've talked to though says they didn't start feeling anything positively and consistently until 22+ weeks, especially with their first. It'll come!
Caerus likes this.
April 16th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 17 and haven't felt her yet, the placenta is in the front though which will make it harder to feel.

April 16th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Veteran
I'm 20 weeks and I'm still not convinced I feel anything yet. I find it hard to tell.
April 16th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first I didn't feel anything until close to 20 weeks.
April 16th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Super Mommy
I have felt baby move a few times but nothing consistent yet - I also have an anterior placenta this time. Last pregnancy I felt the babies move very early on.
April 17th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Veteran
I've defiantly been feeling my little one for a week now... It's my first- I thought it was just gas at first then it started happening more frequently.

April 17th, 2014, 07:43 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first I didn't feel anything til after 20 weeks. With this guy I only feel the really strong movements if I'm wearing really tight jeans. Otherwise it's really light and I think if this was my first I wouldn't have realized it. I felt the baby hiccups yesterday and there's no way I would have realizedwhat it was if I hadn't felt hiccups before.
Shades of Grey likes this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
April 17th, 2014, 08:11 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Mommy of 2 :)
with my first i started feeling popcorn like pops at 16weeks. with this pregnancy i've already felt a tiny hand or leg brush up against my belly, started feeling the popping around week 12

April 17th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started feeling (very) sporadic flutters around 12 weeks. I wasn't sure it was baby, but felt it one day while listening to her on the Doppler, and it coincided with the sound of her moving around, so I knew what I was looking for then.

This past week I've started feeling her at least once or twice a day. Hoping to feel real kicks and punches soon - right now it just tickles mostly.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 17th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
I thought I felt something yesterday for a couple seconds when we were watching Captain America 2, but I think was likely just the vibration from the music/explosions. Oh well.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
April 17th, 2014, 12:17 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 21 weeks 3 days and I still have not felt baby girl move. It is driving me nuts!! I thought I felt some kicks earlier on but I never felt anything like it so who knows what it was! My doctor keeps assuring me it is normal.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 17th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Veteran
I only feel little flutters or movement occasionally (It is 19 weeks for me, my second pregnancy). I know it took me a while last time to feel it too. I think sometimes I second guess myself and wonder if it was something else. You'll feel it before long
April 17th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im 19 wks with my third and I *think* I felt a little bit of movement once or twice. I thought I would feel that more by now. Im getting anxious for that too!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
April 17th, 2014, 04:32 PM
xMama2Fourx's Avatar Veteran
It's so exciting to feel them move in the beginning! Then it gets really old when you're trying to sleep at 3 am and baby thinks it's party time! Lol!

Tags
baby , move

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search