sleeplessness anxiety

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thankfulhelpmeet

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Super Mommy
Been experencing anxiety at night, tossing and turning, waking up every hour! . Anyone else?? just feel restless and anxious at night anyone else!?
lemieuxcrew likes this.
May 15th, 2014, 09:29 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, yes. I have issues with anxiety normally.. but it really bothers me when I am pregnant. I have horrible insomnia from it. Sometimes taking a benadryl will help me.

May 15th, 2014, 09:37 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my mind races at night, so its hard to fall asleep without the tv on... and we just recently ditched cable. sigh. also, im a light sleeper, so any little sound wakes me up. aaaand now i pee every twelve seconds, and our air conditioner is broken at the moment, and the sun is in my eyes, etc etc.

im with you.
May 15th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Veteran
Yeah, I've always struggled with insomnia and nighttime anxiety but it is bad right now. Waking up all the time to pee just gives my monkey brain more opportunities to start rambling. About stupid stuff or at least things I can't fix in the middle of the night. Hormones do crazy things to us. A little exercise helps me tremendously but it's so hard to find time.
May 16th, 2014, 06:37 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Last night I peed 3 times and threw up once. Not sure it is anxiety, but yeah, sleepless for sure. And I doubt it is gonna get better.

May 16th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Night time is actually the one time that my brain turns off thankfully. I worry and stress and fret ALL. DAY. LONG. And then when it's bedtime, I grab my body pillow and snuggle up to DF and the world just melts away.

I will say though that DF wakes up about 30 min before I technically have to wake up for work, and once he gets moving around, I am up and there is no falling back asleep. So that's kind of annoying. LOL

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 17th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
Oh yeah, this is a huge problem for me. Nighttime has been my bad anxiety time for years anyway. For a while I'd obsessively check over which hospitals/walk-in clinics were still open at what time JUST in case. Sigh. I can worry a lot during the day, but when I settle in at night without any distractions, my brain goes into overdrive. "Ermagherd, what is that pinching sensation in my uterus?" "My feet keep falling asleep, maybe I'm having a stroke or something" (I never said my anxieties were logical)! "I must now go over ever stressor in my life in great detail before I can fall asleep." Oy. HATE it.

It reminds me of the bad old days when I had Panic Disorder, and I'd wake DH up at 3 in the morning to go for a car ride up and down the interstate. I'd just be too restless to stay at home, much less in bed.

Hopefully this will be a temporary thing for all of us as our hormones stabilize somewhat in the second tri. Hopefully.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search