I guess I'll offically introduce myself here

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree27Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2014, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm Amy, 38 y/o and expecting our 4th baby, a little girl who happens to have Down Syndrome. I have lurked and responded to a few posts here and there. I belong to the October ddc and am due Oct 5 but due to a few high risk issues, I'll more than likely be induced in late September! Is it okay if I hang out in both ddc's?

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
June 3rd, 2014, 07:43 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
Sure, we have several October Mamas around here! As my due date is Sept. 29th, it is entirely possible my girl will come in October anyway. Do you have a name picked out for your beautiful little girl?

AmyLM likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
June 3rd, 2014, 08:11 PM
Veteran
Welcome! my due date is sept 28th but will have the babies around 36 weeks. We are also very close in how far along we are.
AmyLM likes this.
June 3rd, 2014, 08:43 PM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AmyLM likes this.
June 3rd, 2014, 08:54 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats and welcome to team pink!!! I am having baby #5 also a girl!
AmyLM likes this.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

June 3rd, 2014, 11:54 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome ... also expecting a girl. Hope your pregnancy is going well.
AmyLM likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 01:10 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Mommy of 2 :)
welcome to the group Amy
AmyLM likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 05:04 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Welcome to club pink! How are you doing so far? We are happy to have you and, yes, how is the name game going for you? Got one picked out yet for your little cupcake?
AmyLM likes this.

June 4th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Welcome aboard!
AmyLM likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

June 4th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome I bounce a little between both DDCs as well, since my EDD is Sept 27. Glad to have you on Team Pink!
AmyLM likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 4th, 2014, 08:23 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome here too!!!! I float between here and October, because I am actually due on October 1st, but I am already scheduled for a C/S on September 29th. So I bounce too!
AmyLM likes this.

June 4th, 2014, 08:29 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome! i joined this group late too-- my due date is actually in august, but the aug ddc entirely moved over to facebook.

anyway, enjoy your stay! i know you'll feel at home here-- the ladies are absolutely awesome!
AmyLM likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 09:12 AM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome and congratulations! Glad to have ya here! My due date is Aug 24th and I feel like a brat being here but they originally told us it was Sep 3rd and now I can't leave our ladies here.
AmyLM likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome! I am 39 and due with baby #4 Would love to hear more about your little girl. My son (#1) was born with numerous medical issues that are similar to those of other syndromes. Do you have any clarity on what are some of your daughter's medical concerns, if any?
AmyLM likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies!

Yes, we have a name picked out....Matilda Hope. Matilda was my dh's choice and I wasn't on board with it until I got her diagnosis. She is being named after Saint Matilda, patron saint of large families. When I got the news, I called my good friend and she said, "oh, it's great that she is being born into such a large, loving family!" With that, I though that, yes, Matilda should be her name. It's growing on me. Hope is for all the hope and prayers that are with this little girl. So far, my pregnancy is going just fine. I have had numerous ultrasounds and she had a fetal cardiac echo last Wednesday and that was normal. So far, so good...she looks healthy and growing just fine! Her heart was our biggest concern as that is a common issue with kiddos with Ds.
Shades of Grey and bec9494 like this.

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
June 4th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Super Mommy
welcome to the group Amy! love the thought you put into Matilda's name!
AmyLM likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Veteran
There is a you g man in our church that has Down syndrome. He is so awesome! He came over on Sunday and put his hand on my belly and started praying over our baby <3
AmyLM likes this.
June 4th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Amy and welcome!! Congrats on your little girl. Matilda is an adorable name!! Im Ashleigh, due 9/9 with our 3rd boy. Our son Truett was also born with DS. If you ever wanna talk or have any questions, feel free to ask! Here or in PM. Im glad her heart is looking good! That was the biggest relief. Looking forward to getting to know you!
AmyLM likes this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
June 4th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Super Mommy
So glad her echo was normal, that was my concern for you. My son actually has a complex heart defect, I was ready to help you through that one if needed! Love her name and how you came to that decision.
Shades of Grey and AmyLM like this.
June 4th, 2014, 12:35 PM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
Welcome Congrats on team pink too!
AmyLM likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search