Checking in .. how are everyone doing?

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Super Mommy
I cannot believe we are hitting the middle of June! My kids are now out of school for the summer and I have next week off with them before I go back for my summer term.

Pregnancy wise feeling good. 25 +3 weeks along looking forward to "tagging" the "double digit" thread in just a few days!!! woohoo!!! Baby girl is getting quite solid at those big punches - both high and low ones. Feeling pretty pregnant at this point and can feel that I am slowing down just a bit and require more rest during the day.

How are everyone else doing?
June 16th, 2014, 12:20 AM
xzippedx's Avatar Mommy of 2 :)
pretty well pregnancy wise, a bit stressed because we just started to move last week and we have to be done by the end of the month
walking makes me tired now, standing as well the summer heat doesnt help, so i'm resting alot during the day as well.
i can't wait till we have our babies!

June 16th, 2014, 12:29 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Really depressed about having this baby. I see others having baby showers and we won't get one. Zero help. Not prepared and now that we moved across country..I don't even have extra $ to buy recieving blankets let alone a car seat. To top it off none of our family will come be here when we have her. So hubby will have to drop me off to have my c section and I get to be alone the entire week.
Just doesn't seem fair.

}
June 16th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.a.m.a.to.3 View Post
I cannot believe we are hitting the middle of June! My kids are now out of school for the summer and I have next week off with them before I go back for my summer term.

Pregnancy wise feeling good. 25 +3 weeks along looking forward to "tagging" the "double digit" thread in just a few days!!! woohoo!!! Baby girl is getting quite solid at those big punches - both high and low ones. Feeling pretty pregnant at this point and can feel that I am slowing down just a bit and require more rest during the day.

I am just starting to feel really good too (minus the kidney stuff). Although I have said it before, I think my morning sickness is FINALLY gone. I've been feeling good for a couple weeks now in that department. Woo hooooo!

My kidney pain varies day by day, but I am still able to tolerate it and not feeling like I need to take surgical measures yet (another woo hoo!)

I feel like the last 8 weeks have FLOWN by. I can't believe how strong this baby kicks. How often he/she is rolling around and partying in there. I am starting to get really excited about meeting him/her.

I have found the last 4 days or so, it's been like someone flipped a switch, and I am SUPER tired. I don't want to get out of bed in the morning, I go to bed even earlier than I did in the first tri, and I want to nap all day. lol Didn't expect this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva76 View Post
Really depressed about having this baby. I see others having baby showers and we won't get one. Zero help. Not prepared and now that we moved across country..I don't even have extra $ to buy recieving blankets let alone a car seat. To top it off none of our family will come be here when we have her. So hubby will have to drop me off to have my c section and I get to be alone the entire week.
Just doesn't seem fair.
I am so sorry! This should be a happy time I hope things settle down and you guys find a way to make this experience as enjoyable as possible. It's not fair that you have to struggle!
lemieuxcrew likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

June 16th, 2014, 05:39 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Quote:
Just doesn't seem fair.
That isnt fair! How can you get some help? Have checked all the services in your new area for assistance? Anything to help you save some cash right now? Your new OB may have some suggestions too. This wont work for a car seat but try Freecycle for some baby cloths and blankets and stuff. If you start hawking it now you should get some good stuff in the next few months. I cant believe your DH cant be there. What a bummer. ((( (((hugs)))))

For me - pregnancy is all right - getting to that point of discomfort for sure. School is out - DS went to his father's for the summer which is always hard. I miss him already. But I know that when he gets back we will be very close to having the baby, so maybe that will make the time go by faster.

June 16th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Just doesn't seem fair.
!!!!

Sorry you feel so alone - I can completely relate to not having any family around as we live away from everyone too. It certainly makes for a challenge.

With respect to the carseat - check with your hospital especially if you have one with a higher level NICU acuity as they may have a supply store where these can be purchased at a lower cost.
June 16th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.a.m.a.to.3 View Post

Most days I'm feeling great! I'm at 3 weeks on the gestational diabetes diet. I really think that is what is helping me feel so good. I had a couple days this weekend where I wasn't able to stick to plan as well and I felt awful. My only struggle is that I'm having a hard time coming up with foods that have enough protein but that I want to eat, especially for breakfast. I have a check up with OB today. Time is flying!! We've still got to do a lot to move around rooms and we haven't even started getting baby stuff yet. Got to get busy!!! Anna Joy will be here in exactly 13 weeks (as long as I go to my scheduled c-section date).

Quote:
Just doesn't seem fair.

I'm sorry! That really stinks! Hopefully things will begin to look up for you!
June 16th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Just doesn't seem fair.
I'm so sorry! Everyone needs help. Can you qualify for state assistance? I know where I am, if you qualify, they help pay for a carseat, some diapers and medical costs. There's also WIC, where you can get food and stuff too. I hope someone can be with you for the birth. Can your husband be with you during it? I know some jobs give paternity time too. Hang in there! Hope things get better asap.
June 16th, 2014, 01:25 PM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniePixie View Post
I'm so sorry! Everyone needs help. Can you qualify for state assistance? I know where I am, if you qualify, they help pay for a carseat, some diapers and medical costs. There's also WIC, where you can get food and stuff too. I hope someone can be with you for the birth. Can your husband be with you during it? I know some jobs give paternity time too. Hang in there! Hope things get better asap.
Ty everyone! It's nice to have an outlet. Of other moms that understand and don't put you down for feeling different.

We don't qualify for assistance bc hubby works. One of those it looks good on paper but it's not what he takes home. I asked my mom if she will create a Fb online event baby shower and see if anyone helps us.
Hubby can take time off of work....no problem. The only thing is we don't have family here since we just moved from CA to NC. And our moms make every excuse why they can't fly out when initially they both were planning on it. We have 3 other kids so with no help he's left to stay home with them when I give birth

}
June 16th, 2014, 02:29 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I'm in much the same position here. It's hard. We don't have any family we can count on to watch our 3 kids and they're too young to be at the hospital for much of the time I'm there. My husband plans to drive me to the hopsital and drop me off when I go into labor. I actually drove myself to the ER in the middle of the night with our last one, and she was born within 25 minutes. He's afraid of that happening again, doesn't want me to be alone. We're hoping my mom will come sit with me in the hospital this time, since she's not able to take care of the kids here at home. At least that way I won't be totally alone, but my husband will have to go get her after I go in. If we end up moving away before he's born though, I'll be on my own totally. That is a very real possibility.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
June 16th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Veteran
Have u tried pregnancy centers? They help new moms w different things
Caerus likes this.
June 16th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
I guess Baby Girl has been having a growth spurt, because the last few days I've been dead tired, starving, and really plagued with growing pains. Worth it all when I feel her kicking though. I'm 25+1 today.

Quote:
We don't qualify for assistance bc hubby works. One of those it looks good on paper but it's not what he takes home. I asked my mom if she will create a Fb online event baby shower and see if anyone helps us.
Hubby can take time off of work....no problem. The only thing is we don't have family here since we just moved from CA to NC. And our moms make every excuse why they can't fly out when initially they both were planning on it. We have 3 other kids so with no help he's left to stay home with them when I give birth
Is he a contractor or something? My FIL builds, inspects, and repairs elevators, and has the same issue. His income looks phenomenal on paper, but it doesn't really include business costs.
When I was in high school, I was part of a volunteer babysitting group at our church. It was intended for anyone who had financial need in situations like that (or someone who had a NICU baby with kids at home, family members having surgery, etc.). It wasn't just for members of the church, it was a community outreach thing. Might be worth calling some of the bigger churches in your area to see if they do something similar. Even if they don't have anything formal set up, the church secretary may be able to pull something together for you. Also, a lot of crisis pregnancy centers are also willing to help with clothes, blankets, etc. (the bigger ones might even be able to help with car seats, cribs, etc.). I'm sorry you are having such a rough time! I can't even imagine how tough it would be to go through this so far from family, especially when you are expecting support and they flake out on you like that.
KHawk likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
June 16th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Super Mommy
You may look into local outreach programs (for babysitting/meals) through your new school district too. Ours is starting one this fall for when ppl need that support, esp with no family around.

We sold our house and close July 14, great except we haven't found a house in our new city despite 3 house hunting trips!! So pretty stressed and think we are going to end up renting.

Pregnancy wise, slowing down for sure and my pubic bone is just killing me like all the weight is in one spot. So my waddle is pretty good . But otherwise feeling great.
June 18th, 2014, 10:09 AM
FirstTimeMom
Quote:
Ty everyone! It's nice to have an outlet. Of other moms that understand and don't put you down for feeling different.

Oh dear....you are not alone. We all are here to support you. And as far as other support goes, i m pretty much in similar situation except for money part (i have my own savings for baby and hubby earns good). But i have no friends who can be with me during labor, i have just 2 good friends who are working mothers with several commitments, my husband is so moody that i feel my pregnancy hormones are giving more tantrum effect to him than me, and he doesnt want my mom to come over. My inlaws and sis-in-laws are the most nasty creatures on earth...they tried so hard to ask my husband to get abortion and divorce me. They are so much worried about health of their 3 dogs than showing any concern about my health or baby's wellbeing...though its their first grand child from their only son. All this might sound terrible along with my cholestasis or pregnancy, gestational diabetes, developing pre-eclampsia, severe breathlessness due to anemia and thalssem....heart rate remaining 100-120/minute etc etc....

But i keep myself strong and positive, trying to do all prep work that i can, going for shopping alone and use electric cart as i cant walk much due to breathlessness (my husband doesnt let me buy baby stuff if i take him along, so i go alone)....but i tell myself every day "JUST FEW MORE WEEKS AND I WILL BE A MOM TO A SUPERCUTE BOY"

Stay positive dear....cheers !!!
June 18th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im sorry for you mommies who are stressed and facing this alone. There are also post partum doulas you might want to look into. That is a very caring circle so if you explain your circumstances they may be able to work something out or help you find some more support after the baby gets here.

As for me, Im exhausted. Yet, I can not sleep. Im so tired and worn out most of the time and wish I could nap every day. Then at night, I toss and turn, cant get comfortable, have to pee... Plus my 6 yr old has had strep again-twice in a month-with crazy temps and has been getting up several times every night... I am starting to hate night time. Its just a tease.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Last edited by Shades of Grey; June 18th, 2014 at 01:46 PM.
June 18th, 2014, 11:01 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok-ish overall for me. We just moved and like I said in my post before, we were without a lot of important things for about a week (like air conditioning, fans, washer/dryer, and dishwasher). So I've been pretty exhausted and I don't know if it's the pregnancy or just exhausted from the circumstances. But things are coming along and we have most everything we need now so I'm not as stressed. Hopefully my energy will go back up now. I'm not as sore as I was earlier in the pregnancy but that's probably got a lot to do with the fact that I'm not working and I'm relaxing a lot more during the day. For the first time this whole pregnancy I've started to feel like I've got a bit of the blues. Hoping it's just related to the move and all that. Still feel way better than I did with DD so I'm hoping it's just a passing thing.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
June 19th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Veteran
I haven't posted in a while, but things are pretty much the same with me. I guess I'm just getting lazy (I'm still reading post from my phone, but only like to type on my laptop). My really bad swelling is pretty much just as bad as trimester 2, so I guess it is good it's not worse yet, like they said to expect. My hands are worse tho, and they say I have pregnancy induced carpel tunnel syndrome. When I wake up in the morning my hands are numb and I have trouble doing fine motor movements and I drop things. Bad for someone with a computer job, oh well. I didn't get a promotion I was expecting and deserving of at work, so now I may need to take less time off when the baby comes in preparation of leaving this job to find another. Also, I called to double check with our chosen daycare yesterday, and even though they told us 4 months ago we had a spot for November, they now say they can't promise us a spot because a bunch of families who already attend the daycare are now expecting around the same time and they get priority. So I'm a bit freaked out scrambling trying to find another daycare that has a spot (I'm waitlisted #61 at one place), and that I can stand. Finally got out to use our pool yesterday, and now I'm covered in mosquito bites. Not sure that was a fair trade off. On the positive note, my mom is flying west coast to east coast to throw us a baby shower in july. And I officially hired a doula. I haven't heard back about my glucose test, so I'm hoping that means good news.
June 21st, 2014, 11:36 AM
Just started getting acid reflux eating anything. I eat tums like candy lol
June 21st, 2014, 06:45 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All in all pretty good. I don't like being pregnant but I am trying to get into the mindset of enjoying this. This is definitely my last baby so if I am going to enjoy a pregnancy this one has to be it!

June 22nd, 2014, 10:15 PM
Veteran
Its been really stressful for me too, my hubby got a trucking job and has been gone for like 3 months almost straight, i have an almost 1 year old and im 7 months prego, and he has been having horrible problems with GI stuff, going in for enema/xray Tuesday. Ughhh its so hard doing this by myself, im really worried my hubby might not be there at the birth. Anyone who has happy stuff please share, i could use a pick me up

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search