Tell us about your bead!

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree63Likes
  • 8 Post By KeliRevels
  • 3 Post By Urchin
  • 3 Post By *AngieKH*
  • 2 Post By KeliRevels
  • 5 Post By lemieuxcrew
  • 7 Post By Urchin
  • 6 Post By TattooedMama
  • 5 Post By amberbanegas
  • 5 Post By *AngieKH*
  • 3 Post By KeliRevels
  • 4 Post By Kayakgirl
  • 3 Post By kto1111
  • 3 Post By m.a.m.a.to.3
  • 3 Post By momology
  • 3 Post By Shades of Grey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2014, 11:22 AM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
I wanted to explain my beads before everybody got them, cause they're kind of ugly! Not really 'ugly' ... just not really cute

They're lilies (calla lillies, my least favorite, because that was all I could find in bulk....but they're lilies). Obviously, my baby girl's name is Lily, so y'all will know those are from me!

But the important stuff, haha. Some of you know that the situation surrounding Lily's arrival is not exactly ideal. Her daddy and I are not married, don't have much support from our families/friends/etc. and I am scared of him leaving me almost every day. (In his defense, and my own, it's not because he's a d*****bag, there is a lot of stuff that goes into it.) That being said, this sweet little girl has been brought into our lives at a very uneasy time. At the beginning, I struggled with being pregnant because I wasn't sure I was going to have the support I felt I needed from her dad and I am financially struggling to support myself and I love her so much already but I'm an emotional wreck and I don't want that to take away from how much I will be able to remind her. I've never questioned whether I was going to be a good mom before (I love kids and am very comfortable around them and I'm good at showing them love) but when it comes to it being your own child, I questioned whether I'd be good ENOUGH, because she deserves the absolute best.

It hit me when we were talking about names for her that this baby girl has the best, already. There is a passage in the gospel that is pretty widely known but speaks so much to me in this situation.
"Observe and consider the ravens; for they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn; and [yet] God feeds them. Of how much more worth are you than the birds!And which of you by being overly anxious and troubled with cares can add a cubit to his stature or a moment [unit] of time to his age [the length of his life]? If then you are not able to do such a little thing as that, why are you anxious and troubled with cares about the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow. They neither [wearily] toil nor spin nor weave; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory (his splendor and magnificence) was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today, and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you, O you [people] of little faith?
I won't go into deep explanation, because I know not everybody on here has the same beliefs as I do (if you want to hear more, because I could go on forever, feel free to message me ), but this was so comforting to me. I may not always give her everything she wants and needs and there will be times that I will let her down, but she will always be carried and taken care of and there is a plan for her that is even better than what I could dream to ask for. And this is true for all of us!

I'm so thankful to be her momma and can't wait to see her beautiful face! And to call her Lily is very special to me so I hope that if ever there comes a time for any of us here where y'all feel like I did... maybe you'll remember the ugly little calla lily on your birth beads

Also, if that verse specifically and not just the concept resonates with any of you, you should listen to this song Shane & Shane - The One You Need - YouTube

What about y'alls??

Last edited by KeliRevels; June 21st, 2014 at 09:18 PM.
June 21st, 2014, 12:16 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
What beautiful meaning behind your beads. I will think of you guys every time I see your bead!

Maybe we can use this thread for everyone to explain their choice of beads... would you mind?

ETA: I am going to sticky this thread. The original Bead thread can be found here: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...bead-list.html
MrsLat, lemieuxcrew and KeliRevels like this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Last edited by Urchin; June 23rd, 2014 at 06:28 AM.
June 21st, 2014, 08:49 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Thanks so much for sharing, I love your explanation, and you're gonna be a wonderful mom!
MrsLat, lemieuxcrew and KeliRevels like this.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
June 21st, 2014, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
What beautiful meaning behind your beads. I will think of you guys every time I see your bead!

Maybe we can use this thread for everyone to explain their choice of beads... would you mind?
Yeah! That would be awesome!
MrsLat and lemieuxcrew like this.
June 22nd, 2014, 06:30 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Great idea!!!! And what a nice background Keli. Mine are not as meaningful. HOWEVER, they are prayer beads - Indian - bc, well, I figure we can use all the prayers we can get from every part of the world! I cant wait to see them all.

June 22nd, 2014, 07:38 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
The bead I chose is dark blue seaglass.

Dark blue because the Sept birthstone is Sapphire.

Seaglass because I grew up on a small island on the Atlantic coast, and loved to collect seaglass as a child.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Last edited by Urchin; June 22nd, 2014 at 09:11 AM.
June 22nd, 2014, 08:55 AM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
I sent dice. One, I live in Las Vegas and two, for pregnancy, labor, and delivery luck!

June 22nd, 2014, 09:15 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Keli-what a beautiful story I think we all have fears... (At least I do) and I am also scared of doing it alone! I wanted to send the beads that ward off the "evil eye" it's big in my culture and also in the Middle East... I was afraid that some people would not have taken well to them... So I looked for jade... No luck (I didn't want lil Chinese symbols on them) so... I got these pretty blue beads with veins in them. Not my first chose... But they were pretty

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
June 22nd, 2014, 10:20 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I picked beads with my favorite color combination, although it wasn't quite right, purple and turquoise. No real meaning to them, just represents me pretty well since I love those colors.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
June 22nd, 2014, 09:13 PM
I love hearing all the meanings behind the beads! So neat! Thanks again MrsLat for organizing all of this!
Caerus, MrsLat and lemieuxcrew like this.
June 23rd, 2014, 05:11 AM
Kayakgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
The beads I chose are pretty simple white sparkly ones to represent snow. We had a brutally cold winter here and the meteorologists kept calling it the polar vortex. At my OB's office when they look at my due date on my chart, they always mention that there's a ton of women due in September this year - polar vortex babies. There's not much else to do when it's that cold, haha

June 23rd, 2014, 09:15 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
Here was the little blurb I included with my beads:

I chose these green shamrock beads for a couple reasons….

1) To represent the Irish in me (bonus that when I got married, I got to become an O’Connor!)

2)The symbolism as it pertains to this group:
The word shamrock originated from the Irish word, "seamrog", which means"summer plant”. In ancient times, even before the shamrock was associated with St. Patrick, the Druids even considered the resiliency of the shamrock to thrive even in the highest altitudes as a sign of life. They considered shamrocks as symbols of motherhood and joy.

And even though the beads do not depict four-leaf clovers, I still believe they’ll bring us good luck.
Shades of Grey, Caerus and MrsLat like this.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
June 26th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Super Mommy
I choose the white glass bead with orange petals and golden lines...it sort of represented birds nesting to me and we are all holding our babes within our own little private nests!
June 27th, 2014, 08:58 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I chose teal glass beads because I have always found it to be such a comforting color. When I looked it up I found in some cultures the color teal represents protection, uniqueness, and emotional healing. This color also reminds me of my angel babies and I wanted to remember all the angel babies from our DDC as well as all the ladies in here who have angel babies. I hope you guys find the color as peaceful as I do

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 28th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
AHH I didnt realize this was stickied and looked for it for like tenminutes! lol

I sent the Angelite bead. I included a little description to explain a bit. Here is a little more...

"Angelite is a lovely blue stone with a peaceful energy that is calming and soothing... and a vibration that is very helpful to aid contact with beings in the higher realms and in particular with members of the angelic kingdom.

Many people choose to use it is because it both aids you to connect with angels, and is also helpful to assist you to make contact with spirit guides.

In many people it may also stimulate the birth of psychic gifts, and aid channeling and mediumship. It is a strong communication stone, and an extremely helpful healing crystal, that will benefit you in a number of ways."

I chose this because giving birth is one of the most vulnerable times Ive ever experienced. It can bring up a lot of emotion, especially if there are things you havent fully dealt with. I wanted us to each have all the extra support we could get! Those who believe in angels, I hope you feel a bit more connected Also, as to the developement of psychic gifts, I think we all have something, whether we call it a gift or just intuition. I think this is a big part in motherhood as well.
Caerus, MrsLat and KeliRevels like this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search