Coming home outfits

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you decided on your LO's coming home outfit?

I'm leaning towards this Feltman Brothers dress, but am not certain yet. Of course she'll have a big pink bow to go with it I love the simple and classic look for a coming home outfit. I also came home in a Feltman Bros dress, which my mom recently gave me (and it was a gift from my grandparents when I was born), so that could be an option to use for her as well.

July 15th, 2014, 04:01 PM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
That's adorable!

The boys will wear plaid shorts and cute little shirts in coordinating colors (blue/white/green).
July 15th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Taking a trip down memory lane...

This is my 3yo in his (and the 2nd pic is my now 6yo holding him once we got home, he was so proud! <3 )--May baby

This is my 6yo in his...it was huge on him although he was my biggest weight wise (8lbs 10.5oz)--January baby

And my now 8yo, I don't have a good one of him on this computer. It was a corduroy striped shirt and khaki pants. I had a really cute Petit Ami airplane outfit to put him in but things got crazy that morning at the hospital and he never got changed. -- December baby

July 15th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
Out of curiosity, do y'all usually pack one outfit in newborn size as a coming home outfit, or do you bring several sizes to the hospital just in case it doesn't fit?

I have this cute hand-me-down red and white dress that might be our coming home pick. Will have to upload a photo later.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
July 15th, 2014, 05:56 PM
SouthernMamaBri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via MSN to SouthernMamaBri Send a message via Skype™ to SouthernMamaBri
I haven't really got a clue but I do have options. I'm thinking about this cute little plaid shirt and linen pants from Carters.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my AMAZING siggie!
July 15th, 2014, 07:14 PM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
I thought I had outfits picked... But now I'm rethinking them...

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
July 15th, 2014, 07:30 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't picked Adrianna's out yet. I know I nees to though!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

July 15th, 2014, 10:24 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH picked Gabe's out the day we found out that he was a he. I will post a pic of it tomorrow. It's a onesie with pants and a jacket that says tough like Daddy. So cute! But it's late and I am tired so I will do it in the morning.

July 16th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Kayakgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a couple outfits I like for "the coming-home outfit" and I think I will pack them all in the hospital bag. Mid-late September can be unpredictable in Michigan - it might be 70 degrees or it might be 40 degrees!
angelinal09 likes this.

July 16th, 2014, 05:38 AM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
I have a cute little sleeper that says "Little Sister" and then my boys have matching shirts that say "biggest brother" and "big brother"... yes I'm "that" mom that does that But I can't wait!

July 16th, 2014, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
Out of curiosity, do y'all usually pack one outfit in newborn size as a coming home outfit, or do you bring several sizes to the hospital just in case it doesn't fit?

I have this cute hand-me-down red and white dress that might be our coming home pick. Will have to upload a photo later.
I usually get them in the 3-6 months size because I tend to have gigantic babies. This time around though, I'm expecting the twins to be a little smaller so I bought 0-3 months. Can't wait to see a pic; I love seeing baby girl dresses!
July 16th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post

I just pack one outfit as a coming home outfit. With DD I knew she was going to be small, so I had a preemie outfit for her.

This time, I have two outfits (one girl, one boy) and a few receiving blankets packed. I don't put clothes on kiddo 'till we're getting ready to leave the hospital.

Here are the outfits I put together:

Onesies are Zutano. Made the hats & blankies to match. Can't wait to see which one we use! I'll probably donate the other outfit to the hospital or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayakgirl View Post
I have a couple outfits I like for "the coming-home outfit" and I think I will pack them all in the hospital bag. Mid-late September can be unpredictable in Michigan - it might be 70 degrees or it might be 40 degrees!
I am kind of concerned on that front too. I have long-sleeved outfits picked. They're pretty light though, so I am hoping it isn't stifling when I have this LO. I'm not due until the end of Sept, but chances are I will more likely have the baby towards the beginning of the month-- and the beginning of Sept here can be some of the hottest weather we experience! By the end of the month it starts getting a lot colder.. lol

Just have to play it by ear I guess!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Last edited by Urchin; July 16th, 2014 at 05:56 AM.
July 16th, 2014, 06:52 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
I'll find a cute sleeper sometime soon. Im definitely going to aim for something comfy for us both. It is a short ride and, god willing, we are going home to a quiet house!
kto1111 likes this.

July 16th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Mod-Urchin----I SO love your ensembles!
July 16th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinal09 View Post
Mod-Urchin----I SO love your ensembles!
Thanks

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 16th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Veteran
Eve my nine pounds babies fit in newborn clothes a little while ;-)
July 16th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't bought anything yet, so no coming home outfit yet either. I'm having a shower on Saturday, so I'll see what I get. If I don't get something I love, I've been eyeing a dress on etsy. It's similar the the one Morgan posted. I also love the , classic look.
July 16th, 2014, 10:14 AM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
I have two preemie sleepers with no footies. The ultrasound techs keep saying how long his feet are and I'm afraid they wouldn't fit.

I wanted him to come home in a sleeper that says Muggle Born (yes, I'm that Harry Potter nerd) but it's gunna be wayyy too big.
topato likes this.

July 16th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Super Mommy
I have a few different options that I will bring to the hospital .. not sure what it will be yet. We will have a two hour drive home when we leave so the weather will dictate what she will wear.

We are getting so close!
July 16th, 2014, 12:09 PM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't given it much thought yet, and probably won't. I'm sure she'll just come home in a onesie with pants or leggings. Or a footie sleeper. And a cute hat. We're only about 10 minute from our hospital and it will hopefully be a nice uneventful return home.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search