Had an U/S and NST today---Funny/embarrassing update added

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By angelinal09
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By kto1111
  • 1 Post By TattooedMama
  • 1 Post By angelinal09
  • 1 Post By kto1111
  • 1 Post By ElizabethS
  • 1 Post By Caerus
  • 1 Post By amberbanegas
  • 1 Post By carlyknudtson
  • 1 Post By saraann
  • 1 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By Jenn-F
  • 1 Post By saraann
  • 1 Post By Caerus
  • 1 Post By carlyknudtson

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2014, 04:01 PM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
Babies are great weights---Abraham (baby A) is 4 lbs. 5 oz. and Gabriel (baby B) is 4 lbs. 9 oz. Gabriel is still head up *sigh*. My cervix was 3.5 last week and is now 2.3. Along with that Abraham is very low and, considering those two things plus the continuous, gradual loss of my mucus plug, ob decided to give me a steroid shot today. I have to go back tomorrow for another and my ob thinks they will be here within the next two weeks. We'll see...

by the way, the steroid shots hurt!

Funny/embarrassing update---I went in for my second shot today. It hurt much worse than yesterday's (which was pretty bad to begin with)---I actually swatted the nurses hand away while she was giving it to me!! I can't believe I did that; I didn't even think about it, it just sort of happened and I'm standing there like "*** did I just do??". Fortunately, she's known me for several years and knows that that's not me at ALL and we laughed it off. What made it worse is that I had my 8 yo ds with me...great role model I am, lol.
Caerus and MrsLat like this.

Last edited by angelinal09; July 22nd, 2014 at 02:46 PM.
July 21st, 2014, 05:12 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, another set of twins possibly on the way. I can't believe it! I know you are hoping to make it a little longer, so I will keep my fingers crossed they stay put a few more weeks. I am sorry little Gabriel is still head up

And sorry about the steroid shot. They do hurt, I remember. Ick.

Hang in there, mama. Lots of hugs and well wishes!
angelinal09 likes this.

July 21st, 2014, 05:16 PM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope they stay in for you a tad longer! Sounds like everything is going pretty well anyway. That's good your cervix has closed back up a little. Thanks for the update!

Random question - if one baby isn't head up, could you still attempt a vaginal delivery? Maybe if the other baby came out first it's not as risky? Can they even tell when you are in labor which is coming first? I'd assume so. Just curious. I know breech babies aren't often delivered vaginally anymore, so I'm guessing it's even less common in twins.
angelinal09 likes this.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29

Last edited by kto1111; July 21st, 2014 at 05:19 PM.
July 21st, 2014, 05:20 PM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
Good deal on the weights!!

I hope mine is that size.

Relax mama. 2 more weeks is 2 more weeks. Cook those bebes!
angelinal09 likes this.

July 21st, 2014, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kto1111 View Post
Random question - if one baby isn't head up, could you still attempt a vaginal delivery? Maybe if the other baby came out first it's not as risky? Can they even tell when you are in labor which is coming first? I'd assume so. Just curious. I know breech babies aren't often delivered vaginally anymore, so I'm guessing it's even less common in twins.

It's my understanding that there are some ob's who do attempt vaginal births if baby B is head up (which, in my case, baby b is head up). My ob is not one of them. If baby B doesn't turn by the time I go into labor, it's an automatic c-section. having never had one, I'm a little nervous about this; not so much the procedure itself (well, kind of---I've heard that I'm more likely to lose more blood having a c-section with twins) but the recovery is what I'm nervous about. Also, they label the baby closest to the cervix "baby A" early on in the pregnancy; that's the one who comes first.
kto1111 likes this.
July 21st, 2014, 05:32 PM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
Is there anything you can do to encourage Baby B to flip? You are probably limited on what techniques you can do since there are two in there.
angelinal09 likes this.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
July 21st, 2014, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kto1111 View Post
Is there anything you can do to encourage Baby B to flip? You are probably limited on what techniques you can do since there are two in there.

heh...I actually Googled some techniques last night; while there are a few "old-wive-ish tale" things I can do, it's really up to baby. As a side note, one of the sites I looked at had a disclaimer discouraging people to not try to physically move their baby---yes, apparently somewhere along the line, someone tried to reach inside (or have someone reach in for them) in an attempt to move baby. Unbelievable...

I will try a few things for the next week or so though (until my next U/S); my ob said it can't hurt.
July 21st, 2014, 05:53 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate steroid shots! Keep baking babies!
angelinal09 likes this.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

July 21st, 2014, 06:00 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
Good weights! Turn, Gabriel, turn!
angelinal09 likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
July 21st, 2014, 07:51 PM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
When I was pregnant and they wanted to get my baby to turn, they made me get on all fours and then stick my butt in the air... How kids do when they sleep... Your weights sound good. I am excited to see our Due date babies come! It's exciting! I have the cerclage so idk if I will go early. The doctor does seem to think I will though:/ I'm ready yo see their faces good luck sweetie
angelinal09 likes this.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
July 21st, 2014, 08:04 PM
Veteran
Yeay for great wieghts, they will be even better in 2 weeks.Lets hope he turns, you dont want cs.
I had one its not a fun recovery, and mine was a bad experience but i had special circumstances.
I cant stand shots im sorry.
angelinal09 likes this.
July 21st, 2014, 08:22 PM
saraann's Avatar Veteran
Aww hopefully they keep cooking and they are decent weights especially for twins! I do no like the steriod shot either just uncomfortable but do what we gotta do.
angelinal09 likes this.
July 22nd, 2014, 06:12 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I am confidant that they'll both be head down Spinning Babies has some tips for getting babies to flip. You could try some of those!
angelinal09 likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 22nd, 2014, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
I am confidant that they'll both be head down Spinning Babies has some tips for getting babies to flip. You could try some of those!

Thank you; I'm going to definitely look into them today!
July 22nd, 2014, 10:01 AM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great weights! Hopefully the baby will turn and they'll hang in there as long as possible! If you do have to have a c-section, maybe it won't be too bad. I've had 2, and my recoveries weren't bad at all.
angelinal09 likes this.
July 22nd, 2014, 03:44 PM
saraann's Avatar Veteran
Your update made me laugh! The nurse made me stand up for my second shot I was like what the heck...
angelinal09 likes this.
July 22nd, 2014, 05:15 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
LOL at your update!
angelinal09 likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
July 22nd, 2014, 06:34 PM
Veteran
Ha ha wow thats awesome, i would probably do the same thing.
angelinal09 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search