Have I mentioned how awesome DH is???

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes
  • 5 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By KeliRevels
  • 2 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By FlyingFlower
  • 4 Post By AmyLM
  • 1 Post By Mslily1125
  • 1 Post By _Jewlz_
  • 2 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By Jenn-F

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Nothing makes a Friday even better than DH calling to ask if my mom can look after DD for a bit tonight so he can take me to the Lobster Pound for supper! lol!

I am sitting at work now dreaming of my delicious supper-to-be!

Om Nom!

What's everyone up to for supper tonight? Anyone have any good DH stories?
Kayakgirl, Caerus, kto1111 and 2 others like this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

August 15th, 2014, 11:20 AM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm just thankful that mine is still around.. lol. He has been actually putting forth effort lately though, which is new.

That is so sweet I'm excited for you!!
FlyingFlower likes this.
August 15th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeliRevels View Post
I'm just thankful that mine is still around.. lol. He has been actually putting forth effort lately though, which is new.

That is so sweet I'm excited for you!!
It's really kind of sad how excited I get over food. Yesterday, my boss said that he's taking the office to lunch on my last day of work (there's also another co-worker who's last day is that day too), and I am seriously holding out for that reason alone. Otherwise, I have been really tempted to call it quits early! lol
Caerus and KeliRevels like this.

August 15th, 2014, 01:02 PM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's so awesome, what a great DH! Now I've got lobster in my head, that sounds amazing.

Here's a super bizarre and nice DH thing today. While I was in the shower I started to get super weak and dizzy which happens occasionally. Everytime it happens I lie down and feel better in about 10 minutes. Today after I laid down I started to feel even more dizzy and nauseous and then I started getting all shaky. I was super freaked out. And then oddly enough DH came home right then on a break from work. He has never ever done that! And I hadn't told him how miserable I was. It was just the craziest thing. And he got me water and made me food and by the time he went back to work I was feeling normal again.
Caerus likes this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 15th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome! My dh is awesome most of the time but he's asking for a kick in the balls lately.

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
August 15th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Veteran
Sounds like a fun night! I love impromptu date nights! My dad and I are golfing in a tournament tonight and then my mom and DH are coming to meet us for dinner at the country club. I think they're all having fish fry, but fried and fish just don't work for me. Hoping the chef can make one of his famous brisket burgers!
August 15th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is lobster pound kind of like Red Lobster?

I thought this was kind of sweet : the other night, DF started asking me if "we" are going to do clean eating after baby girl is born. I explained to him that we can incorporate clean eating, but what really works for me is high protein/low carb and that will be my approach to losing the weight.

He said, "oh ok, that sounds good. I'm in."

I sort of gave him a shocked look and said, "you're planning on doing it with me??"

And he smiled and said, "of course! It's going to be tough, I have to support you!"

I know that in a way, maybe it's his way if saying he wants me to look like my old self lol but I actually think it's pretty awesome that he's already planning on how he's going to support me through the process
Caerus likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 15th, 2014, 03:38 PM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLM View Post
That's awesome! My dh is awesome most of the time but he's asking for a kick in the balls lately.
Oh God, I LOL'd!! Mine is usually pretty great but has been asking for it this whole pregnancy! idk what his deal is, I think he can't stand not being the one who needs the TLC. Although he has made dinner the last few nights!
The Working Mom likes this.
August 15th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslily1125 View Post
Is lobster pound kind of like Red Lobster?
It is a small, local restaurant where lobster boats drop off thier catch. It used to be the processing facility...now it is a restaurant.

We live in a fishing community. My dad is actually a lobster fisherman too.
Caerus and FlyingFlower like this.

August 15th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Jenn-F's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great!

My dh just carried about 4 big boxes of books, all of my hanging clothes, and about 5 big armfuls of other things out of what used to be our bedroom, but will now be the baby's room while I sat and "supervised".

I have to say that I am very blessed with a wonderful husband that almost always goes above and beyond for me and the kids.
Caerus likes this.
August 15th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Buda's Avatar Veteran
That's so nice of him. I've been waiting for something like this to happen To me for a long, long time. It's hard being a mom and doing everything for everyone else and getting nothing in return. A little appreciation goes a long way. Your Dh should give some pointers to other fathers on this board, haha!

August 16th, 2014, 01:55 AM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
Urchin, I LOVE local restaurants like that. They really are the best. We live in a fishing town too, and have some excellent little seafood shacks around. What a great surprise for you!

Oooh, a chance to brag on my DH? I love doing that. With my DH having dysthymia (chronic depression) since middle school, and major depressive episodes every now and then, he is sometimes not the easiest person to live with. That said, he tries SO hard, and I'm frequently impressed at how truly awesome and caring he is.

After working a long shift today, he came home to give me a drink and a foot rub, an offer to feed and medicate the animals since I have a headache (which is a fairly big job lol), and moved a bunch of boxes of stuff around. Also, his unwavering support for stuff like us babywearing and cloth diapering is absolutely invaluable, since the rest of my family thinks it is all a silly fling that will end once Rachel is here.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search