No more "quality" sleep for me

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bec9494
  • 1 Post By flitabout
  • 1 Post By _Jewlz_
  • 1 Post By FlyingFlower
  • 1 Post By _Jewlz_

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Kayakgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I just can't get comfortable at night - I don't think I'll get any more quality deep sleep for the rest of this pregnancy. Between heartburn, getting up at least twice to pee, and sore hips - this sucks!
I've tried all sorts of different sleeping arrangements - multiple pillows, sleeping on the couch, air mattress, all varieties of sleeping positions... I'm just not getting comfortable! How am I going to get through these last few weeks?
(Sorry to whine, I just hope you ladies can sympathize with me... my husband's not very sympathetic.. he says "at least you get to stay home all day and don't have to go to work". I know I'm fortunate for that, but that doesn't help me feel better at 1 in the morning!)

August 16th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Super Mommy
Same symptoms here and my DH isn't too sympathetic either, just keeps reminding me how it will be a crying baby waking me up next...thanks

No advice on getting comfy...maybe kick him a few times during the night so he wakes up too
_Jewlz_ likes this.
August 16th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Super Mommy
Right there with you. I was up at least 5 times last night. I am tired today and cranky ... trying to find my perky smile to put on my face and get the day going.
August 16th, 2014, 07:36 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Get an exercise ball. I am getting mine out today. They don't cost to much and will help make your hips feel better after bouncing on it for a few minutes. And you can take it to the hospital with you!
Kayakgirl likes this.

August 16th, 2014, 07:44 AM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
Ohhhhh and exercise ball helps with the hip pain?! That's wonderful to know!! I got desperate enough to pop two Tylenol & a unisom tab last week. By the time I took them I had hardly slept at all in like a week straight and I felt like such an unbearable b*tch. I slept probably 10 hrs except for bathroom breaks & I was a new woman! Maybe try that if you get really desperate. Those are both OTC's ok'd by my Dr.
Kayakgirl likes this.
August 16th, 2014, 07:57 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
Agreed! It sucks, I figured it was me being anxious!

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
August 16th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh last night was particularly horrible! My youngest was up twice needing to be rocked back to sleep, plus my needing to get up to pee 4 times. The Both kids decided 630 was an appropriate time to start the day! fun...

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 16th, 2014, 08:09 AM
saraann's Avatar Veteran
I'm right there with you! Up a few times at night and around the 2 am mark I get up and can't go back to sleep until 4 ugh. Thank goodness my DH gets up with DS so I can sleep...This only happens on the weekends though but I'm thankful.
August 16th, 2014, 09:18 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
I seem to get at most 2 hours of sleep at a time before I have to roll over and reposition. I lay down on my left side, with a pillow for my belly and to support my top leg, and one behind my back. First time I wake up I usually have to go to pee, then I lay on my right side for a while. I find that if I put a pillow between my knees then, I will be able to get up and walk easier than if I don't put one there. I can't sleep on my right side for long though, and then I have to get back to my left side. I switch several times a night and by morning my shoulders and upper back are hurting. Part of that won't be helped by birth because my crappy mattress is causing some of my discomfort, but we can't afford to buy a new mattress yet.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
August 16th, 2014, 09:34 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, the worst part sounds like DH not being sympathetic. Yes, good sleep is gone for me for sure. I now sleep propped up with two pillows under my head, one between my legs, one between my boobs, and one between me and DH because I'll get angry if he starts to hog the bed. And rolling over is painful, and moving all the pillows when I roll over is annoying. I can only sleep about an hour on a side because my hip starts to fall asleep. That unisom idea sounds amazing.

Two nights ago was the worst. Between DD waking up and me having to go to the bathroom, I was up literally every single hour from midnight til 6. I didn't sleep more than 45 minutes at a time and I was awake a couple of hours during the night, too. I was so miserable the first part of the day. Then nesting awesomeness kicked in and I got energy in the afternoon.
_Jewlz_ likes this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 16th, 2014, 09:50 AM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
Thank God for the bits of nesting energy I get or I'm sure there would eh absolutely no energy in me at all right now
FlyingFlower likes this.
August 16th, 2014, 11:20 AM
The Working Mom's Avatar Veteran
Yep, good sleep is lost for me at this point as well. I toss and turn all night, although I only have to get up once to pee - I'm sure that will become more frequent in the coming weeks. And I'm feeling really tired all the time.

August 16th, 2014, 12:27 PM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
My neck and my back have been KILLING me at night, so I'm right there with you. And the heartburn is awful when I lay down, but we got rid of our comfy couch so the bed is still the most comfortable thing we have. Ugh. There is an end in sight, mama!!!
August 16th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Buda's Avatar Veteran
Oh man it's like clock work! I had been feeling awesome, then yesterday I woke up incredibly sore and had to go school shopping, it was terrible! Dragging my kid through the mall, I got so light headed and hot. Tried to take a hot bath last night too, did more bad than good. We have a very small apartment with a tiny shower, it was impossible to lay back and even harder to get out of it! I caved and took two Tylenol PM, barely helped, but I'll probably do to again tonight. My back and neck are killing me...Anyone else also getting terrible migranes? I got headaches toward the end with my first too. These last few weeks are going to drag and be miserable.

August 16th, 2014, 01:43 PM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buda View Post
My back and neck are killing me...Anyone else also getting terrible migranes? I got headaches toward the end with my first too. These last few weeks are going to drag and be miserable.
YES with the headaches! And the back and neck. It's no fun

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search