Ugh...

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By _Jewlz_
  • 1 Post By amberbanegas
  • 2 Post By topato
  • 2 Post By FlyingFlower
  • 1 Post By FlyingFlower
  • 2 Post By Urchin
  • 1 Post By lemieuxcrew
  • 1 Post By angelinal09

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2014, 06:27 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
Dh and I are fairly careful with what we put on FB for various reasons. We haven't even "officially" announced this pregnancy on FB; we've made references in comments but nothing more than that. Anyway, last night, we decided to post a small announcement regarding the birth of the twins, along with 3 pics (one of each boy right after birth and one of dh--I did NOT want my pic posted). I also privately sent my sister two different pics of the boys, one of which showed Gaby in the NICU. So, of course, my sister takes those two photos along with a short announcement of their birth and posts them as *her* status...***?

I really dislike my kids photos being used/posted as others status' (sp?), especially when she "friends" anyone. Also, WHY would anyone post another persons birth announcement and kid's photos?! I know, I know...that's the risk I run using FB. Still annoying...think I'll sue her for copyright infringement.

August 16th, 2014, 06:36 AM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
'Ugh...'is right! Some people are so clueless! That sounds like something my sister would do ;P I'm sure she means well but I totally get where you are coming from.
angelinal09 likes this.
August 16th, 2014, 06:56 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
I'm sure she was just excited, but I understand your frustration!
angelinal09 likes this.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com
August 16th, 2014, 07:13 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i get you 100%.

i had a meltdown in the hospital bc my parents and in-laws kept mass texting pictures of god knows what to everyone. i wasnt even being shown what pictures were being sent and still dont know who they were sent to. this is not ok. i have really strong feelings about keeping my children private and off social media until (at least!) they decide for themselves to opt in. regardless of how excited everyone else is, they were all aware of my feelings well beforehand, and i am STILL livid, over a week later, that this happened.
angelinal09 and FlyingFlower like this.
August 16th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Yeah...she probably does mean well. Not a fan of it but...

August 16th, 2014, 08:41 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, that is really annoying! Are you able to talk to her about it? My sister isn't a big facebooker but if something like that happened I'd be able to talk to her about it and she'd take it down.

DH is a different story. The man is obsessed with fb. With DD there were so many pictures of me in the hospital. I didn't even realize it at the time. This time there will be no pictures without my approval. He can go check in at all the restaurants across from the hospital if he needs facebook activities to post.
angelinal09 and KeliRevels like this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 16th, 2014, 08:47 AM
I jokingly referenced it...well, not so much jokingly as passive-aggressively. She'd take them down if I asked to her to (and then wouldn't speak to me for a few months).

August 16th, 2014, 08:56 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinal09 View Post
I jokingly referenced it...well, not so much jokingly as passive-aggressively. She'd take them down if I asked to her to (and then wouldn't speak to me for a few months).
That's too bad. Most people I wouldn't be able to talk to about it and I'd just be super intensely irritated and keep it all bottled in. My sister is one of the few that I could just say Dude! Take it down! and she wouldn't even care.
angelinal09 likes this.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 16th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
How frustrating! I had to put a stop to family posting a bazillion photos of DD on FB. I just dont want her to have a million photos of her all over the place-- how are these kids going to feel when they are older?

I am so sorry people dont have more sense....so strange.
angelinal09 and topato like this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

August 16th, 2014, 09:11 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
I was "that sister" once. My older sister got married. She hired a photographer. The photographer (and my sister) were nice enough to let me do a nice session with just my family (DH, DD, and DS). When she got the photos she gave them all to me to sift through. In the meantime, she posted her "wedding album." When I posted the ones of my little family, I also posted some others that I just loved of her, my mom, etc. She called me and said that she really thought about which ones would be "her album" and that the ones I posted she didnt like and felt she should be the one to chose them. I honestly didnt think about it that way. I was just so happy for her! But in hindsight I see why it upset her. I guess my point is - yeah, I am sure it is with good intentions.
angelinal09 likes this.

August 16th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFlower View Post
That's too bad. Most people I wouldn't be able to talk to about it and I'd just be super intensely irritated and keep it all bottled in. My sister is one of the few that I could just say Dude! Take it down! and she wouldn't even care.

Yeah, 30 years old, 4 kids, and has the emotional maturity of a 2 year old.
FlyingFlower likes this.

August 16th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I post pictures of my kids, but it still bugs me when anyone else does it. *I* want to pick what goes up, *I* want control of deleting it if I decide to... My cousin babysits for us frequently and posts pics saying 'my boys' and it really gets under my skin...

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search