new darwin update

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree32Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2014, 08:26 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
first off, i suck. ive been reading but not really posting, and thats pretty uncool.

huge congrats to angelina on her twins, they're soooo super adorable! and i cant wait for updates on 2themoonx2. i bet i missed other stuff--- i already said it, i suck!

anyway, this is a good update. dar is home with us now, since his bili levels came way down and his weight went back up a bit. he was 6lbs 7oz at birth, bottomed out at 5lbs 10 oz, and was back up to 5lbs 15.8oz by the time we left NICU. we had a follow up pediatrician appointment, and he's even up a bit more-- 6lbs 3oz! hes reluctant to wake up/stay awake for night feedings, but he must be getting enough calories anyway.

right now im stressing over 1) my mom's move-- a truck is coming today! and 2) birth announcements-- they need to match harvey's in terms of awesome-ness, so its proving a challenge. darwin's kind of a model, though, so maybe i'll run a zoolander angle? lol

love you guys, sorry ive been silent. im still trying to keep up and have been thinking about you all! hope to be able to check in again soon!
August 16th, 2014, 08:38 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad you guys are home now and all is finally well! No worries on not posting I think you have had way more on your plate to worry about then posting. Just enjoy having your baby at home and learning how to be a family of 4!

August 16th, 2014, 08:51 AM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
So good to hear from y'all! Love the positive update.
August 16th, 2014, 09:04 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
glad he's home! how's big brother doing with him? I feel the same...read but don't post as much
August 16th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad he's home!

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
August 16th, 2014, 09:11 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Don't worry about it, we'll all go through times we won't be posting much, it's normal with new babies at home! Glad things are going pretty well now though! Thanks for the update

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
August 16th, 2014, 09:18 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad to hear a good update! You've got a lot going on now, don't worry about not posting. Not that we don't miss you (and everyone with new babies) but you all definitely have lots on your plates and it makes sense you're a bit busy!

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 16th, 2014, 10:15 AM
lemieuxcrew's Avatar September DDC Rocks
Great update! Glad you guys are doing well. Update when you can....we know it is a busy time!!!

August 16th, 2014, 10:52 AM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the update and glad to hear Darwin is doing well!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

August 16th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY Im glad hes doing better! I really wanna see a zoolander baby announcement!!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 16th, 2014, 02:53 PM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
So glad you and Darwin are doing well!!
August 16th, 2014, 05:34 PM
harvey is doing well with darwin- hes confused though. i dont know if he knows what to make of him, but hes still kinda fascinated by this tiny little creature. he pets him, like he pets our dogs, and i catch him on his tip toes at the side of the pack n play once in a while, trying to see the baby sleeping.

get this- dar is nine days old? he lost his umbilical cord on day five. and the rest sounds like bragging, but its more fascination with how fast things are normalizing-- my postpartum bleeding is basically over already, and ive lost half my pregnancy weight. im down 19 lbs today, and its certainly not from dieting (unless you count eating LOTS of pie as dieting.)
August 17th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Super Mommy
You sound amazing, so glad you are home and recovering so quickly. Harv sounds like a super big bro already and how cute it must seeing that little face peek over at his baby brother. Take tons of pictures! I've seen two things with Ben Stiller this week (after a looong absence), Zoolander would be pretty awesome for an announcement.
August 17th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds like you are doing wonderful!!! So happy for you!
August 19th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
I really love this update.
LOL, Harvey sounds like me around babies... "What do I do with it now?" *Pat pat*

Whenever you finish the announcements and have time, we'd love to see a copy! They sound like they are going to be really good. I must admit, I'd forgotten birth announcements were a thing... Gotta add that to the to-do list.
Mslily1125 likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
August 19th, 2014, 06:39 AM
i took more pictures of him yesterday-- i finally bought some preemie onesies for him to wear, so he looks less lost in clothing. but, i got a shot of him in a great punk rock pose, somehow. so i think im going to make the announcement a concert poster. lol
August 19th, 2014, 07:56 AM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to see a pic of him! !

TEAM BLUE!!!

Due September 5, 2014
August 19th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything sounds great! Can't wait to see that announcement! As far as your frequency of posting, I don't think anyone here faults you. I know once I've let you ladies know that baby girl has been born, you probably won't see me at all for 2 or 3 days. I'll be too busy trying not to break my child. Lol

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 19th, 2014, 02:10 PM
i'm really crazy about protecting the boys' privacy, so i wont be posting a pic of darwin online. im sorry!!

but.... i'm ok with posting this *piece* of the (not posed!) picture i used for the announcement, since it's kind of hilarious.

he's 12 days old and already such a punk. he's makin' his momma soooo proud!!!
Caerus, MrsLat, kto1111 and 3 others like this.
August 19th, 2014, 02:58 PM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
ohmygosh. Super cute!!!

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search