I feel like a lunatic

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Caerus
  • 1 Post By kto1111
  • 1 Post By Caerus
  • 2 Post By bandriessen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2014, 05:10 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay. Seriously the past 3-4 days the mood swings have been beating Tarzan's butt in terms of speed and lightning fast quickness!!! I am seriously a psycho. I can't even stop myself. I want to sleep, all the time. I don't want to talk to anyone. I'd seriously love to lock myself up in a room for the duration of this rollercoaster ride!! I'm done!

So last night I got really ticked off at DH, went upstairs to ignore him, folded baby clothes then laid on our bed at 8pm and woke up at 10! I needed to have like a reset or something. So I was googling freezer meals and writing down recipes so I could go shopping today. we get in the grocery store, I have my notebook open, and I just freaking stand there...for FIVE MINUTES! In like some sort of trance. Finally he was like are you ok? And i said no, I have no idea what is going on. It was like my brain imploded. I was reading my list but couldn't make any sense of it! It was the weirdest thing I've ever experienced. Then I wandered through the store for another half and hour and final was like screw this we're leaving!

My head is unwell! I think had i been alone I might have really started panicking...it was a very odd sense of detachment from reality! Have you had anything similar? I can't even believe myself right now! What the heck!? I want my brain back! And my laid back demeanor not acting like a crazy teenager going tthrough puberty and wants everyone to eat a crap sandwich one minute then the next minute being royally ticked off they're actually eating the crap sandwich!!

Help me.

Oh and i bought like one item for each ****** recipe......

*facepalm*
1:50pm
August 29, 2014

♡ September 2014 DDC ♡
August 16th, 2014, 05:30 PM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had this too! A couple of times. Nick keeps telling me that there must be something in the air. It's like my mind is shutting down and my body is on a really weak autopilot.
August 16th, 2014, 07:32 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup I have been there! TOTALLY normal!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

August 16th, 2014, 07:33 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pregnancy brain is just lovely isn't it? And during the last couple weeks I am pregnant, I get that way. I didn't want to talk to anyone.. just wanted to be alone in my house. I am getting to that point again. I think it is just part of the process as you get ready for labor.

August 16th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
Yep, this has happened to me quite a few times, particularly over the last few months. Literally, I could have written your post! Right down to wanting to lock myself in a room away from all the suddenly annoying rest of the world and then getting "lost" at the grocery store.

I remembering googling "pregnancy has turned me into a hermit" sometime in the late(ish) first tri, and discovering that was apparently normal.
bandriessen and FlyingFlower like this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
August 16th, 2014, 09:30 PM
It was just so crazy! I've never experienced that before! Lol DH was concerned he had no idea what to do. I just stared at him!
August 29, 2014

♡ September 2014 DDC ♡
August 18th, 2014, 09:40 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
That is crazy. I've heard and experienced "pregnancy brain" but what you described sounds like a really terrible case of it. I'd probably be a little freaked out too. Glad to hear from others that it's not unusual. Guess you'll be going shopping again?
_Jewlz_ likes this.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
August 18th, 2014, 10:59 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok up until this weekend I couldn't have related to your post. But I had two super weird experiences. First, DD and I were driving in an area that was new to me. I was looking at my google map and I knew where I was but I couldn't figure out how to get where I wanted to go. I literally couldn't tell if I wanted to turn right or left and which streets were which. I was seriously on the verge of losing it. Maps have never been an issue. Then last night DH and I were putting a new cover on our couch and cushions. I just had no idea how to get some of the cases to fit the cushions if they weren't rectangles. I felt really freaked out that I couldn't put a parallelogram case on a parallelogram pillow. I was getting so frustrated and tearing up. I had to give it to DH.

This super weird feeling did not happen when I was pregnant with DD. Pregnancy is so weird what it can do to you. Just think in a few months when you're shopping at the grocery store like a normal person and you think back on that experience, it will seem like a different person (hopefully).

Btw have you tried going back to the store since? Freezer meals seem like such a good idea but I'm having a hard time getting enough energy to make dinner every night as it is, let alone for in the future.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 18th, 2014, 03:11 PM
_Jewlz_'s Avatar Veteran
Ugh! I'm sorry, I haven't experienced the disoriented feeling but I've been just randomly very anxious! So weird and frustrating to not be able to make sense of your own head!!
August 19th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
By the way, more than ever, this is the time for written to-do and grocery lists! I still do most of the grocery shopping, even though I keep forgetting why I'm there and randomly wandering the aisles until it either comes to me or I go home. Having a written list is absolutely invaluable!
FlyingFlower likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
August 19th, 2014, 10:22 AM
FlyingFlower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
By the way, more than ever, this is the time for written to-do and grocery lists! I still do most of the grocery shopping, even though I keep forgetting why I'm there and randomly wandering the aisles until it either comes to me or I go home. Having a written list is absolutely invaluable!
Yes I just learned the value of organizing the grocery list, too. I had to keep walking back to the produce section over and over today because I didn't bother to read down the list. Also I had made the list all of 15 minutes earlier so I should have known what was on it.

DD- 4 years, May 2010
August 19th, 2014, 12:55 PM
I wish I had a segway. Lol
Caerus and FlyingFlower like this.
August 29, 2014

♡ September 2014 DDC ♡
August 19th, 2014, 01:23 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am there at least once a day. I will get up to do something and I literally forget what it is by the time I get there and then I just stand there at a loss. If anybody ever wondered what ADD feels like that is it! I have learn some coping techniques to deal with it over the years but it just gets so much worse when I am pregnant!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search