a little bit nervous after that contraction...

Forum: September 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KeliRevels
  • 1 Post By katie2510

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2014, 06:34 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
What a great reminder I just had a while ago... long, ongoing contraction for like 4 minutes with shooting pains and the whole darn thing hurt too. Nothing really since except some very minor BH, but that was a great reminder of how much those darn things can hurt. I've never had them hurt like that other than within a few hours of delivery, but I know I'm not there yet. I am not saying it was as painful as labor, but it was pretty noticeable!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
August 17th, 2014, 06:50 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh!! Well definitely keep an eye on it and try to drink some water, maybe it will help!
1:50pm
August 29, 2014

♡ September 2014 DDC ♡
August 17th, 2014, 07:17 PM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been wondering about this! I'm pretty sure I've never felt a 'real' contraction, but I have had some where it is really, really sore and if I put ANY pressure, even just resting my finger, on my abdomen, it sends shooting pains out from that. Has anybody else experienced this?
xzippedx likes this.
August 17th, 2014, 07:44 PM
I haven't had shooting pains from just touching it. I wonder what causes that!

Last night when I was trying to go to sleep, baby boy was kicking up a storm. I eventually got myself moved into a position that must have been more comfortable for him, but wow, he was really super active. He's been kinda like that today too. The shooting pains I had felt like they were going down to my cervix or somewhere down there. It was not fun. I've had the weird burning sensation that comes and goes as well. That happened some too. I'm gonna be checked at my appointment on the 27th to see if I'm dilated at all. Never have been that early but I'm gonna be a bit surprised if there's no progress with this stuff going on!

August 17th, 2014, 08:00 PM
KeliRevels's Avatar Super Mommy
I know what you mean! Somebody told me today that it may be the change in pressure that causes them to be so active cause our little ones were kicking up a storm, too!

Hopefully you get some relief and the pain isn't for nothing!
August 18th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Hopefully that was just a fluke and those kinda contractions don't get more frequent any time soon!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

August 18th, 2014, 08:39 AM
KHawk's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had a lot of braxton hicks of course... but the other day I thought i had more of a real contraction.. just very very mild... but it got my attention. And I got very nervous!! I'm nervous.
August 18th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Keli, I've had that pain you're talking about. I think it's just from baby girl pressing so tightly up against certain spots that it sort of "bruises" from within.

However, a friend of mine just found out she has a hernia after feeling some intense sensitivity in one particular spot, so if you're really concerned you might ask the doc about that?

As far as contractions, I have absolutely no idea what I'm watching for. People keep telling me it's like period cramps, and I have to keep sounding like a real b$&*# by saying, "I don't get those - I have no idea what they feel like."

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 18th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Caerus's Avatar Happy as a (Tired) Clam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslily1125 View Post
Keli, I've had that pain you're talking about. I think it's just from baby girl pressing so tightly up against certain spots that it sort of "bruises" from within.
I get those pains too occasionally. It definitely seems to be related to the baby's position for me, especially from her pushing really hard in one spot.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven
August 19th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Not much going on since that one weird contraction. I've had plenty of BH, but nothing close and nothing too concerning. I decided to try to get some better sleep last night with some Tylenol. It worked! I only woke up 3 or 4 times. The first time I woke up though, I must have woken up to BH because I tried to sit up to get up and I couldn't move, my belly hurt so much! It didn't hurt when I would relax and lay back down though. It eventually stopped and I got up to pee and went right back to sleep. Thankful for some more restful sleep for a night at least!

August 19th, 2014, 07:53 AM
That's a good idea to take some Tylenol before bed. My pelvic bone hurts so much in the evenings! I've been taking an Epsom salt bath almost every night in an effort to ease the aches and pains, but maybe Tylenol would be a good idea on those really intense days!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 19th, 2014, 07:56 AM
katie2510's Avatar Veteran
I know this sounds weird to most of you probably but I want a real contraction so I can be like "oh yes that one was real, I can now tell the difference" Good thing it was only one though BH Contractions are starting to get annoying to me... who needs them?
Mslily1125 likes this.

August 19th, 2014, 07:59 AM
I actually totally agree! I would love to have a real one so I know what I'm looking for!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 19th, 2014, 09:17 AM
My first pregnancy I didn't have any real contractions until the day she was born! With my second I had lots of BH, but I don't think I really had many painful contractions ahead of time, and he was born 2 weeks past my due date, I had to be induced. With my third, I had some ahead of time, but still they were mostly BH until the last day or so. Not sure what that means for this time around

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search